Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    For a little while I saw both, the regular and the light version, listed in Preware, but now only the regular version is listed.

PS: Two thumbs up for the light version. Thanks @ pigsflew
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovahead View Post
    thanks for these. I installed the 66% version and think I would like to try the lite. Do I need to unintsall the first version before installing the lite version? (and how does one do this?)
    thanks again for the help.
    It's best to do so, yes, though the two dodge around each other so that no harm will come to your touchpad if you accidentally have both installed at the same time--but when you uninstall either, you'll have to restart afterward to get the other one's boost back.

To uninstall in Preware, go to "Installed Applications"->"Linux Applications" and look for my package, and uninstall from the details page.

To uninstall from webOS Quick Install, go to the Device Management section, and then look under "Installed Applications". Mine start with "com.pigsflew"; check them off and hit uninstall and you should be good to go.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    For a little while I saw both, the regular and the light version, listed in Preware, but now only the regular version is listed.

PS: Two thumbs up for the light version. Thanks @ pigsflew
    It still says it's awaiting moderation--I haven't heard anything about problems or anything, so I assume it just hasn't been checked out yet.

Thanks, glad you like it!
    Going to install the lite version. Thanks for this.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    sweet patch! with a community like this we should be able to get the TP rockin' the competition!! (this and preware speed patches and uberkernel and now it sounds like some type of office suite other than quickoffice will come out shortly - see other threads). My biggest thing I need is Citrix for work!
    @pigsflew - Can you please check on why the 'lite' version is not listing in Preware. I know I can install it by other methods, but it's just a lot simpler to install from Preware. Thanks.

i used webosqi to install it and confirmed it shows in preware as installed under linux application
    thanks for the patch but the volume becomes very distorted when the volume is maxed, I'm a musician so my hearing is better than most and although having 24bit is a great option and third party apps that allow flac is also great but the audio level is horrible, and simply turning up the gain removes the great quality 24bit sound. Listen to tighten up by the black keys on an ipod and then on the HP. The HP has absolutely no pop at all on the bass kick. I'm a fan of the unit but putting beats in the title doesn't make it good audio(well maybe to the beats ******* that don't know any better. HP please tell me you can give me the option of 16bit with a true higher volume out and not just gained higher. And to the poster that talked about longer battery life with lower volume, it really doesn't make enough difference on battery life to mention or make it a point. I find there is far to much ****** behaviour on this site and people here are making excuses for this device. Tell it like it is the sound sucks and to say otherwise is a lie to yourself and others. HP fix this. I still like the device and think its worth the money, but to put beats as proof to the devices audio capabilities is misleading and wrong.
    in my last post I typed fan boy one word and it was blocked out, since when has that a bad word other than the obvious
    You might want to try the 'lite' version of this. It is now listed in Preware. Simply uninstall the current version and install the lite version. YOu r problem of distorted sound when maxed out should get resolved by this.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groove1968 View Post
    thanks for the patch but the volume becomes very distorted when the volume is maxed.
    Hi groove, unfortunately I don't have much control over this. All the boost control does is increase the gain to the speakers and audio jack. Remember that this is in Homebrew for a reason: HP did not design the touchpad to use the boost. Without it, the touchpad sounds fantastic but is quiet, while with it, the volume can be quite loud, but you may get some audio artifacts.

If you're a musician you probably have good audio equipment, you'll almost certainly get better performance using the equipment to increase the volume over the stock output, instead of installing my boosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    You might want to try the 'lite' version of this. It is now listed in Preware. Simply uninstall the current version and install the lite version. YOu r problem of distorted sound when maxed out should get resolved by this.
    Thanks Sanjay, you're absolutely right, that's why it's there. The lite version applies less boost, so you'll get a little less volume than but also less artifacts.
    @pigsflew- I noticed today that my sound stopped working all together. I made sure I wasn't muted. I had to device restart twice, each time the sound stopped working. This is the only thing installed that has to do with volume (I have the lite version), so I was wondering if this could be the cause.

Has anyone else reported something like this to you?
    nvm... i see after searching the forums a bit i see that this is a bug others are experiencing.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I use a similar app on my iPod. So when I got a touchpad and was disappointed with the speaker volume this is one of the first things I went looking for. The lite version works perfect for me. Thanks for making it.
    why is it when its installed it says 0B in install size?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fade View Post
    why is it when its installed it says 0B in install size?
    Sorry for not responding to this sooner, The reason it's 0B may be because the package itself is actually empty. On install, it leaves a ~5 line script to be run every boot on the linux side, and then runs it right away. When uninstalled, it removes this script and resets the boost to zero to undo the effects. The actual app package as far as webOS sees it, is empty.
    Quote Originally Posted by olufadi1 View Post
    @pigsflew- I noticed today that my sound stopped working all together. I made sure I wasn't muted. I had to device restart twice, each time the sound stopped working. This is the only thing installed that has to do with volume (I have the lite version), so I was wondering if this could be the cause.

Has anyone else reported something like this to you?
    I have the same problem and had to remove it. Is there any solution for this? I would really like to re install it but rebooting every three hours was getting old.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    This happens on stock touchpads and is not caused by my app, though it's possible it may exacerbate the issue. I do not have any control over this, however... there is unfortunately no way for me to fix the problem.

A thread on this issue:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ing-sound.html
    Quote Originally Posted by pigsflew View Post
    This happens on stock touchpads and is not caused by my app, though it's possible it may exacerbate the issue. I do not have any control over this, however... there is unfortunately no way for me to fix the problem.

A thread on this issue:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ing-sound.html
    Thanks, it actually just happened to me today just after I posted here. Glad I can re-install the app now.
    says cannot open MIME type. Can you please help? Thanks!!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast