Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Just installed. Sound boost is Great! Thanx alot.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Quote Originally Posted by bugz42 View Post
    Thank you so much for this. I've been following the other thread and installed your patch this morning. It makes a huge difference.
    Couldn't. Agree. More. Best addition to my TP yet, now I no longer have a need to carry around my iHome!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    also in for the light version.

I find that it does increase the volume but it also distorts bass at the top two volume bars. using a high quality pair of headphones reveals that it isnt just the touchpad speakers not being able to handle the higher volume.

thanks for all your work!
    yep. That has been my experience as well. Take care of that and this patch will be exactly what was needed.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    in for the light version
    I'll put that together as soon as I've figured out how to resolve the current version's issues--Hopefully very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    How can I know if it installed?
    Try listening to music. Or if you open Preware, go to "Installed Packages" and then "Linux Applications", and the Increase Touchpad Volume package should be listed.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidjestr View Post
    I tried to install through Preware. For some reason it doesn't finish the install, just stalls.
    Quote Originally Posted by damienh View Post
    Sounds like a great patch but I had the same issue when trying to install with PreWare I get the "spin forever" circle and the install never completes... Any suggestion?
    I've had a bunch of reports of this, I'm trying to see what causes it but haven't had luck reproducing it on my touchpad. I'll update this thread when I've figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Will this increase the volume when using the TouchPad speakers, when using headphones, or both?
    Should be both, the setting effects the actual device that drives sound on the touchpad.

Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Still spinning forever on install - anything I can do to help tshoot?
    Actually yes. If you can jump into a terminal on your Touchpad there are three things that could help me a ton:

1. check to see that my script's been dropped in the right place, running
    Code:
    ls /var/palm/com.pigsflew.increase-volume
    2. run
    Code:
    cat /var/palm/com.pigsflew.increase-volume
    and check that the script installed has the "respawn" command at the end of it.
    3. run
    Code:
    /sbin/stop com.pigsflew.increase-volume
    and then
    Code:
    /sbin/start com.pigsflew.increase-volume
    and see if it ever gives you back your prompt. This is the line in postinst that's causing spin-forever, as far as I can tell.

Thanks everyone!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Actually, I figured it out, those with the "spin forever" issue, are you installing from the preware feed?

I'm having the same issue. It seems that it's actually having problems with downloading the app from the PreCentral feed--I'm not sure why. It does install correctly from the original link I put in the first post. Is everyone who is having this issue installing from preware directly?
    Quote Originally Posted by pigsflew View Post
    Actually, I figured it out, those with the "spin forever" issue, are you installing from the preware feed?

I'm having the same issue. It seems that it's actually having problems with downloading the app from the PreCentral feed--I'm not sure why. It does install correctly from the original link I put in the first post. Is everyone who is having this issue installing from preware directly?
    yes for me, preware spun endlessly but was able to install from first post. Good job thanks.
    Sounds like unless we also add Audiophile HD, installing the current patch package alone creates a situation where the bass frequencies can overdrive the "Beat's" audio system or TP speakers at higher volume settings.

I'm going to wait for the light version .
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    It works nicely, but distorts... Think I'll uninstall until you have the lite version. Thanks for your work on this!
    also if you use audiophile with this its very loud (since audiophile is louder then the stock music player)
    Thanks you Extremely much for this. From the moment I installed it I noticed a difference thank you very much!!!

EDIT: WWWHHHAAATT!!!!! I just played a song and it was already turned all the way up and I just about blew my head off!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    just installed this thank you very muchu are a life saivorrr
    Why don't I see this listed under patches in Preware?

EDIT: Found it listed under 'Available Other' --> 'Linux application' --> 'Utilities'.
    Unfortunately it fails to install, with Preware just ending up with the "spinining forever" syndrome.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 07/30/2011 at 10:44 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Why don't I see this listed under patches in Preware?

EDIT: Found it listed under 'Available Other' --> 'Linux application' --> 'Utilities'.
    Unfortunately it fails to install, with Preware just ending up with the "spinining forever" syndrome.
    Yes--it's not actually a "patch", as it creates a brand new script in the system which just runs on startup. As for the spin forever problem, unfortunately it never actually downloads from the PreCentral feed. I don't actually know what's going on there and need to get in touch with someone from PreCentral in order to make it work.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    All, the light version is available from this link: http://pigsflew.com/downloads/webos/..._1.0.2_all.ipk
    Last edited by pigsflew; 07/31/2011 at 01:44 AM.
    65fastback likes this.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have fixed the issue with the feed version. I've put the update in; should be available through preware now, version 1.0.2.

Only the 66% (non-light) version is in the feed; I'm going to leave it that way to prevent any confusion. I may eventually create a small frontend and a service to allow full control of the boost, which would supercede both of these packages, but since that's a lot harder, that will wait a bit

Thank you all for your patience!
    You could add both versions in the feed and simply rename them to differentitate between the two. Ofcourse a version that would allow one to tweak the amount of boost would be the preferred choice. Thank you by the way for this, it surely does make a huge difference to the usability of the TouchPad.

PS: Does this actually require a restart before becoming effective? I personally seemed to notice a huge difference right after installing it and without a restart.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 07/31/2011 at 12:48 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    You could add both versions in the feed and simply rename them to differentitate between the two. Ofcourse a version that would allow one to tweak the amount of boost would be the preferred choice. Thank you by the way for this, it surely does make a huge difference to the usability of the TouchPad.

PS: Does this actually require a restart before becoming effective? I personally seemed to notice a huge difference right after installing it and without a restart.
    Nope, no restarts should be needed on install or removal. I actually just got my build scripts capable of building a lite version that differentiates itself, so I may do just that.
    installed through preware with no issues. Thanks for this, now I don't need my phone with me for Google Music.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    thanks for these. I installed the 66% version and think I would like to try the lite. Do I need to unintsall the first version before installing the lite version? (and how does one do this?)
    thanks again for the help.
    installed the light version and it works great! Thanks :-)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast