Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    The initial beta release of eWeather and News that supports international locations is now available in the precentral repository. Please leave feedback and comments!
    Great!
    installing right now
    Franklin eBookMan >> Palm Zire71 >> Lifedrive with flash mod >> Palm Pre Plus
    Confirmed Working
    Great work man!
    Franklin eBookMan >> Palm Zire71 >> Lifedrive with flash mod >> Palm Pre Plus
    thanks, it works... Only one question, how to set international location?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcereghino View Post
    thanks, it works... Only one question, how to set international location?
    International location can be set via gps, or postal code. Tap and hold the main scene to display syncing options.
    hi, thanks. I tried zip code (argentina) but didnt work. Is it possible to request weather via "city, country"? Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcereghino View Post
    hi, thanks. I tried zip code (argentina) but didnt work. Is it possible to request weather via "city, country"? Thanks again.
    A new version has been uploaded, 0.9.2 with this you can sync using "city,country"
    I have tried a few places, let me know how it works. Thanks for the feedback
    Last edited by kstichno; 04/13/2011 at 12:30 PM.
    works like a charm!!! Excellent. Many thanks
    Sir, I really dig this exhibition app. Since you added international support would it be possible, that localized google news could be on the way, next?
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    Sir, I really dig this exhibition app. Since you added international support would it be possible, that localized google news could be on the way, next?
    You got it. I've just uploaded 0.9.4 to the repository. There is now an option in the preferences scene to specify the news edition. After making changes, you will need to resync the app to update the news feed.
    hi,
    I like this app. But the wheather data are not correct. In my case: in Berlin, Germany.

Andreas
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boehma55 View Post
    hi,
    I like this app. But the wheather data are not correct. In my case: in Berlin, Germany.

Andreas
    Hi,

Are you using the gps to determine location or manually putting in your location? I have tested the app with "Berlin, Germany" set as location against the weather feed "http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=Berlin+Germany" and am getting the correct results. Also, do you have the latest version installed, v0.9.6? There was an issue with the earlier releases with determining location.

Kevin
    Hi,
    yes, You are right: the app shows the data from Berlin, Germany. I have been confused, because the app does not show the temperature tomorrow noon. As You see, we have lovely warm days at the moment and google promises 21 Celsius for tomorrow. Your app only promises "-6 C / -13 C".

Andreas
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Hi,
    yes, You are right: the app shows the data from Berlin, Germany. I have been confused, because the app does not show the temperature tomorrow noon. As You see, we have lovely warm days at the moment and google promises 21 Celsius for tomorrow. Your app only promises "-6 C / -13 C".

Andreas
    Hi: I have a couple questions to try and find the problem.

What version do you have installed?
    Are you syncing with gps, or manual location?

I synced manually using "Berlin, Germany" and received a 21C for the high. See the attached photo. My current version is 0.9.8.

If you used GPS, maybe their is an issue with reverse location lookup. Let me know.

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kstichno View Post
    Hi: I have a couple questions to try and find the problem.

What version do you have installed?
    Are you syncing with gps, or manual location?

I synced manually using "Berlin, Germany" and received a 21C for the high. See the attached photo. My current version is 0.9.8.

If you used GPS, maybe their is an issue with reverse location lookup. Let me know.

Thank you
    Hi,
    I have installed v 0.9.6. This is today the newest version, that I can reach.
    I am using "Berlin, Germany" too. I do not use GPS as this always leads to a GPS time out without result (with other apps, GPS works fine).
    And, as You see in the attachment, it is a bit strange for me, because of the presentation of the temperature for today, tomorrow.
    Your pic shows a better, realistic result.
    Thanks
    Andreas
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I have installed v 0.9.6. This is today the newest version, that I can reach.
    I am using "Berlin, Germany" too. I do not use GPS as this always leads to a GPS time out without result (with other apps, GPS works fine).
    And, as You see in the attachment, it is a bit strange for me, because of the presentation of the temperature for today, tomorrow.
    Your pic shows a better, realistic result.
    Thanks
    Andreas
    I've attached the link to download the latest version, just in case it still is not showing up in preware. http://www.precentral.net/downloads/...-international. This might fix your problem. After installing it, you will need to resync the weather. The program is set for GPS to time out quickly so the user doesn't need to wait long to get a fix. I have found if Google Location Services is not turned on or the GPS does not currently have a fix, it will time out before retrieving one
    now I could update to v 0.9.8.
    But I am sorry to tell that the forecast temperature is still unchanged. You see it in my capture from this morning: "-5 C / -12 C". This is a bit confusing.
    Andreas
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    now I could update to v 0.9.8.
    But I am sorry to tell that the forecast temperature is still unchanged. You see it in my capture from this morning: "-5 C / -12 C". This is a bit confusing.
    Andreas
    Can you try one more thing? Try switching to Fahrenheit from Celsius in the prefs scene and resync. I think there might be a issue where the Fahrenheit values are being switched with the Celsius values
    No, changing to Fahrenheit and back to Celsius is not the solution.
    And it is not only Berlin, but Tucson etc.

Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by kstichno View Post
    Can you try one more thing? Try switching to Fahrenheit from Celsius in the prefs scene and resync. I think there might be a issue where the Fahrenheit values are being switched with the Celsius values
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    No, changing to Fahrenheit and back to Celsius is not the solution.
    And it is not only Berlin, but Tucson etc.

Andreas
    can you take a screenshot with the fahrenheit temps showing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast