Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Welcome to the eWeather and News thread! v1.1.1 has been submitted to the homebrew repository and should be available to all pre and pre+ users running webos2.1 soon
    Last edited by kstichno; 03/31/2011 at 03:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    I don't have 2.x yet, but I would like to read the entire news article from exhibition mode so that I won't have to bother with pin lock just to read the news.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    I don't have 2.x yet, but I would like to read the entire news article from exhibition mode so that I won't have to bother with pin lock just to read the news.
    I think exhibition mode only works with 2.1 and later. As for this app, it also uses some v2.1 specific apis so it won't work properly in earlier webOS versions
    Looking forward to trying it out once it hits the homebrew feed (or web feed) for us AT&T 2.1ers
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kstichno View Post
    I think exhibition mode only works with 2.1 and later. As for this app, it also uses some v2.1 specific apis so it won't work properly in earlier webOS versions
    I meant, when I get a phone capable of 2.1+, I really want that feature.
    I have installed it on my VZW Pre + on webOS 2.1 and it works well. My only complaint is that the current weather overlaps the time and while transparency is enabled, is hard to read and appears cluttered
    I would like to use it but I'm in canada sooooooooo....
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by projectpete19 View Post
    I would like to use it but I'm in canada sooooooooo....
    The weather feed used is from the NOAA (a part of the United States Department of Commerce) and unfortunately they only report US weather. I am looking into using different weather feeds for other countries.
    So far so good. I do enjoy the app. I just think there might need to be a little more balance with the fonts and or moving down the weather icons. Great job!
    - Skinneejay -
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebender1965 View Post
    I have installed it on my VZW Pre + on webOS 2.1 and it works well. My only complaint is that the current weather overlaps the time and while transparency is enabled, is hard to read and appears cluttered
    I agree, besides the time is on the top bar so the large time display is kind of over doing it. The space could be better used for larger print news feeds. this app is very exciting! can't wait to see more updates.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I've uploaded an update that has a cleaned up UI. Let me know what you think of it.
    where can I get this app? When I click install, I am redirected to the Wiki page for the app.. Bummer

tp
    I'd still like to see the refresh button moved to avoid being in the way of notification icons. Either moved up a bit or moved to the left side of the screen.

Other than that, it's a great app and my default Exhibition mode screen!
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    where can I get this app? When I click install, I am redirected to the Wiki page for the app.. Bummer

tp
    I've seen that happen before as well. You should still be able to download the ipk from that screen. If you put it in the media folder of your phone, you will be able to install it using preware by tapping the menu bar on the home screen and install ipk. Otherwise, waiting for a couple hours always seems to fix the problem
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Looks good!
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I really like the app! Thanks for your hard work. Its a little hard to get the next/previous taps to locate in the news and the links dont seem to work. Unlike the others, I like the big time, easy to see at a glance for those of us with older bifocaled eyes.

Thanks again.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    any idea why I would get current weather not available but the forecast etc ad high/low shows up fine?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    any idea why I would get current weather not available but the forecast etc ad high/low shows up fine?
    the forecast feed is different than the current weather feed. I've noticed that sometimes they go down for 15 minutes of so when they are being updated. Try re-syncing in 15-30 minutes of receiving the error to see if it still has issues
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I would like to see an option to display or not to display the large time overlay. I think the large weather icon speaks volumes. Also don't know if its possible but to change the white background of the news feed to black and words to white. The white background of the news feed becomes annoying because after the screen is turned off in exibition mode it will come back on when a notification appears. The white background becomes a night light.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    I just installed this app! It is great. I would also like to see the background of the news be black and the text white so your eyes don't get jarred when switching to news. I also agree the littlle previous and next links could be a tad bigger. Great app I like the combination and ability to select what we want to select. When I click the news link to read the story nothing happens. Is it supposed to open up to the story?
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast