Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    there's still no way to download via precentral or preware for the new homebrew version. It show up button there's no download link, and preware just redirects to precentral.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    there's still no way to download via precentral or preware for the new homebrew version. It show up button there's no download link, and preware just redirects to precentral.
    Try going here. http://www.precentral.net/downloads/...mebrew-editionIf preware won't download it, you can email the ipk to your phone and the attachment should open with preware and install by default
    Hate to double post, but the dark theme for news (which I like a LOT) is spending a lot of the cycle on a blank screen. I don't see any news options I can change...
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Hate to double post, but the dark theme for news (which I like a LOT) is spending a lot of the cycle on a blank screen. I don't see any news options I can change...
    Sorry for missing the first post. Try going to the preferences scene from the app menu (this can't be accessed in exhibition mode) and disabling the "Local" news feed. I've noticed that if it does not have at least 8 results the screen will hang up. Also, what type of network connection do you have (3g or wifi), and what is the signal strength?
    Quote Originally Posted by kstichno View Post
    Sorry for missing the first post. Try going to the preferences scene from the app menu (this can't be accessed in exhibition mode) and disabling the "Local" news feed. I've noticed that if it does not have at least 8 results the screen will hang up. Also, what type of network connection do you have (3g or wifi), and what is the signal strength?
    That seems to have done it - I checked news.google, and sure enough there were only 3 local news items. It's working now, thanks!
    (oh, and if you're still interested, on the touchstone it's always WiFi full strength)
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    That seems to have done it - I checked news.google, and sure enough there were only 3 local news items. It's working now, thanks!
    (oh, and if you're still interested, on the touchstone it's always WiFi full strength)
    Good News, I will work on a fix for the "local" feed.
    is anyone else having an issue with this app not being able to update? I just get the spinning circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    is anyone else having an issue with this app not being able to update? I just get the spinning circle.
    Probably has to do with the google weather api changing. Some other weather apps are being affected as well on all platforms including android.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I've found out what is going on, and am working on the fix. The problem is due to the Memorial day holiday messing up the labeling on the weather feed. Everything will be back to normal Monday night when Memorial day passes if not sooner.
    Great app! A few questions/issues that I experienced on my Pre2:
    1) My forecast icons are not showing up in color. In fact, they might not be showing up properly at all since I can't make out what they are. See screenshot 1.

2) How do I read other news feeds? I can only tap/see "Top stories" even though I selected multiple feeds. See screenshots 2 & 3.

3) Within each news feed, I'm only seeing one headline/article along with the white web view background. Is that expected? Ideally, it should show all feeds & associated articles in the pane (perhaps cap @ 10 per feed?). See screenshot 3 & 4.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYravefever View Post
    Great app! A few questions/issues that I experienced on my Pre2:
    1) My forecast icons are not showing up in color. In fact, they might not be showing up properly at all since I can't make out what they are. See screenshot 1.

2) How do I read other news feeds? I can only tap/see "Top stories" even though I selected multiple feeds. See screenshots 2 & 3.

3) Within each news feed, I'm only seeing one headline/article along with the white web view background. Is that expected? Ideally, it should show all feeds & associated articles in the pane (perhaps cap @ 10 per feed?). See screenshot 3 & 4.
    I just uploaded an update that should help with the weather icons. As far as the feeds. It should show 5 items per feed 1 at a time indexing to the next every 5 seconds. After the 5 are cycled through, it will display the next feed. It is using the google news rss feeds, not web view. The white background is due to having to encase the rss list in a scroller, I am still trying to figure out how to remove it.
    Nice! Blew up the download size (1.98MB to 2.7MB), but it works. Now I understand how feeds work. The user doesn't interact/control how feeds appear in the app, it automatically displays at preset intervals (5 seconds).
    Can you add switch between date format? In European country is in use this format: dddd, dd. MMMM yyyy (Wednesday, 27. July 2011)
    Thank You
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eLzyx View Post
    Can you add switch between date format? In European country is in use this format: dddd, dd. MMMM yyyy (Wednesday, 27. July 2011)
    Thank You
    Sure thing, it will be added in the next update.
    Sure thing, it will be added in the next update.
    update?? Any chance that when you do the next update that you could include changes to the screen size when used on a touchpad so it uses the full screen? I use the international version as I'm in australia and find to one Of the most used apps I use on a daily bases(along with preware and a few others). Keep the good work
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boyblueeye View Post
    update?? Any chance that when you do the next update that you could include changes to the screen size when used on a touchpad so it uses the full screen? I use the international version as I'm in australia and find to one Of the most used apps I use on a daily bases(along with preware and a few others). Keep the good work
    Thanks for the feedback! I am working on the update to make it full screen on the TP. I hope to be finished with it by the end of the week, or early next week. I will also be merging the two versions.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boyblueeye View Post
    An update is now available that adds news feeds by location and compatibility with the Touchpad
    An update is now available that adds news feeds by location and compatibility with the Touchpad
    Yes but I think you forget Italy in news feed in this update....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torakiki76 View Post
    Yes but I think you forget Italy in news feed in this update....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sorry for the oversight, Italy has been added. It is available in eNews and Weather - homebrew edition.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234