Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Looks like a nice looking widget, similar to the one for Android users. The nice big digital clock is very useful, not to mention the weather in full detail, from lows-to-highs.
    I had to turn this off for exhibition - when the device came off the touchstone, the Pre ran very slowly - JSTop showed two different PIDs with Exhibition Weather still running. Killing those freed up over 10 meg of resource memory and put speed back to normal.
    If you can fix that I'd love to start using again!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    I had to turn this off for exhibition - when the device came off the touchstone, the Pre ran very slowly - JSTop showed two different PIDs with Exhibition Weather still running. Killing those freed up over 10 meg of resource memory and put speed back to normal.
    If you can fix that I'd love to start using again!
    Hi: I've just uploaded an update, v1.2.4 to the repository. It disables the timers when the stage is deactivated, this will free up a lot of resources. I am not sure what to do about the app size though because when an app is used for exhibition, it constantly runs in the background even if the phone isn't docked. This update should fix your lagging issue though, I have a pre2, and haven't noticed the lag. Thanks for the pointing this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by kstichno View Post
    Hi: I've just uploaded an update, v1.2.4 to the repository. It disables the timers when the stage is deactivated, this will free up a lot of resources. I am not sure what to do about the app size though because when an app is used for exhibition, it constantly runs in the background even if the phone isn't docked. This update should fix your lagging issue though, I have a pre2, and haven't noticed the lag. Thanks for the pointing this out.
    Thanks for the update - I'll see how it works tomorrow. And I'm running on a doctored Pre-, so I'm more needy on resources

Edit/add: After testing today with this and 3 other exhibition apps, you're right in the ballpark now, everybody hangs around after it's off the Touchstone, but it's still kinda draggy on a Pre-. I'll keep using it though - it's way too useful at work!
    Last edited by alacrify; 04/20/2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: After trying it out
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaszmark View Post
    Looks like a nice looking widget, similar to the one for Android users. The nice big digital clock is very useful, not to mention the weather in full detail, from lows-to-highs.
    Thanks for the feedback. The reason I did this app was because all my coworkers have android powered devices and like showing them off, so I had to do something to show off my pre.
    I've got 1.2.1 installed and preware is telling me an update is available (1.2.4), but when I tap to update, a browser card opens up to the an eweather webpage and I don't see an option to update on it. I looked in the palm app catalog and it's still the 1.2.1 version. Is there a glitch going on or something?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I've got 1.2.1 installed and preware is telling me an update is available (1.2.4), but when I tap to update, a browser card opens up to the an eweather webpage and I don't see an option to update on it. I looked in the palm app catalog and it's still the 1.2.1 version. Is there a glitch going on or something?
    hi, their is currently two versions of the app available, the homebrew one for people with doctored phones who can't access the other version in the app catalog. The homebrew version was just updated to 1.2.4 and an update was submitted to the app catalog (1.2.5). Since their are two versions available, the homebrew version may need to be downloaded and installed manually. If you are able to update using the app catalog and are have issues with the version available in the precentral repo, the official update should be available very soon. It was submitted 4 days ago as of this post.
    kstichno, I think both the homebrew and App Catalog versions have the same app id. I have the homebrew version installed and the App Catalog is telling me there is an update for eWeather and News.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    kstichno, I think both the homebrew and App Catalog versions have the same app id. I have the homebrew version installed and the App Catalog is telling me there is an update for eWeather and News.
    Yes, both versions do have the same app id. The homebrew version was uploaded to the repository for the people with doctored pres that can not access the official version.

The versions in the app catalog and precentral repository now match, so once updated you won't get multiple notifications. Sorry for the confusions.
    Yes, both versions do have the same app id. The homebrew version was uploaded to the repository for the people with doctored pres that can not access the official version.

The versions in the app catalog and precentral repository now match, so once updated you won't get multiple notifications. Sorry for the confusions.
    Will you be updating the homebrew version since it can be released faster than the App Catalog version?
    I've read that I can refresh the weather feed by holding on the screen while on the Touchstone, but I only get option to use GPS and ZIP. Is there a way to refresh without refilling the ZIP information?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I've read that I can refresh the weather feed by holding on the screen while on the Touchstone, but I only get option to use GPS and ZIP. Is there a way to refresh without refilling the ZIP information?
    I've just uploaded v1.2.6 to the precentral repository. This adds a refresh option to the resyncing menu.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Any chance of adding current temperature along with High and Low?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    Any chance of adding current temperature along with High and Low?
    If a current temperature is not provided, it is due to the noaa weather feed not providing that information. I've checked it out for your zip and the current temp does seems to be missing.

I am working on an international version of the app which also works in the US called eWeather and News International. It is only available in the precentral repository and accessible via preware

Give it a try if you like, it uses a different weather feed and should give you better results.
    I've just uploaded v1.2.6 to the precentral repository. This adds a refresh option to the resyncing menu.
    Thanks. The bar at the bottom of the scene doesn't update to the latest time the feeds were resynced though.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Thanks. The bar at the bottom of the scene doesn't update to the latest time the feeds were resynced though.
    The bar at the bottom of the scene gives the last update time provided by the weather station, not the app. It is normally updated hourly, but I've noticed some places do it every other hour, and some sooner
    Somebody mentioned it already, but is it possible to clean up the news section and delete the unnecessary links. Also, the font needs to be a bit bigger and possible the background could be dark to match the app.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Thanks this one is better. Has current temp and more local than other one.

If a current temperature is not provided, it is due to the noaa weather feed not providing that information. I've checked it out for your zip and the current temp does seems to be missing.

I am working on an international version of the app which also works in the US called eWeather and News International. It is only available in the precentral repository and accessible via preware

Give it a try if you like, it uses a different weather feed and should give you better results.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Somebody mentioned it already, but is it possible to clean up the news section and delete the unnecessary links. Also, the font needs to be a bit bigger and possible the background could be dark to match the app.
    V1.3.0 has been uploaded to the precentral repository, it has the "dark" themes applied to the google news feed.
    V1.3.0 has been uploaded to the precentral repository, it has the "dark" themes applied to the google news feed.
    Like the dark theme, but it's spending a good part of each "cycle" on a blank news screen. Keeps getting better!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast