Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    I'd still like to see the refresh button moved to avoid being in the way of notification icons. Either moved up a bit or moved to the left side of the screen.

Other than that, it's a great app and my default Exhibition mode screen!
    I too am having issues downloading this. I had the app cat version but want the homebrew one. I get to the page but there is no place to download anything. I know how to install from from preware but there is nothing to download.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I downloaded from Preware.
    I had to download from my pc and emailed it to myself to install via prewae
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    1. I believe the dev has simply embedded the Google News web page in his app, thus the white background cannot be changed.

2. I'm curious about this too, but I imagine it has something to do with Exhibition Mode and screen lock.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I just installed this app! It is great. I would also like to see the background of the news be black and the text white so your eyes don't get jarred when switching to news. I also agree the littlle previous and next links could be a tad bigger. Great app I like the combination and ability to select what we want to select. When I click the news link to read the story nothing happens. Is it supposed to open up to the story?
    It is supposed to open the story. I will take a look at it.
    this app seems not to be uploaded to the servers correctly or something. Eventually I was able to download the app, but I was being redirected to the info page at first for a few days. Now, I am getting advised in preware that the app needs updating, but I get redirected to the info page again, no place to download whatsoever. I would really like to use this app, but am having too may problems for it to be worth it. Also, the links don't do anything when clicked in the section where the news is displayed..
    looking forward to getting a working copy..
    tp
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    this app seems not to be uploaded to the servers correctly or something. Eventually I was able to download the app, but I was being redirected to the info page at first for a few days. Now, I am getting advised in preware that the app needs updating, but I get redirected to the info page again, no place to download whatsoever. I would really like to use this app, but am having too may problems for it to be worth it. Also, the links don't do anything when clicked in the section where the news is displayed..
    tp
    I was getting the exact same thing for the update. I just installed the update using WebSO QI from the APP page:

eWeather and News | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    tp
    I just tried installing it via Preware and did get redirected to the info page, but was able to download it from there and install it from my media folder using preware. Maybe this can work for you.

The news feed links aren't clickable right now, and am not sure why. As soon as it is fixed, I will upload the update here and submit it to the app catalog.

PM me if you still can't install the app and we will get it figured out.
    Last edited by kstichno; 04/04/2011 at 07:37 AM.
    If you access the same page on the desktop you have to log in to be able to download the app. There doesn't seem to be a means to do that on the mobile version, so under download options on the page on your phone there's nothing there.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I am seeing this error in Lumberjack.

[2011-04-06 17:05:22] (eWeather and News) Uncaught Error: INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.kevin.exweather/app/assistants/main-assistant.jsjsjs:$502$

I was not getting GPS signal so I input Zip. App loads but the spinning icon is there the whole time as if it is still loading. Let me know if I can provide more details.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    I am seeing this error in Lumberjack.

[2011-04-06 17:05:22] (eWeather and News) Uncaught Error: INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.kevin.exweather/app/assistants/main-assistant.jsjsjs:$502$

I was not getting GPS signal so I input Zip. App loads but the spinning icon is there the whole time as if it is still loading. Let me know if I can provide more details.

The INVALID_STATE_ERR occurs when a http request is neither in the ready state or timed out. I have a couple of questions to try and recreate the problem.

Did you initially try to get a gps fix and it timed out before you input your zip (gps returned an error and asked for zip code), or did you select "use zip" initially before seeing the problem?

What zip code did you use?

Did any error message show up on the bottom of the screen? I.E "Current weather conditions not available"?

Do you have a good data connection?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Hello. I had a mediocre data connection. I did try a GPS fix first and it failed. There are no errors on the screen. I can see the weather and time. The app behaves as if it is still loading. The zip is 07748.

I will try getting a screenshot later.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    Hello. I had a mediocre data connection. I did try a GPS fix first and it failed. There are no errors on the screen. I can see the weather and time. The app behaves as if it is still loading. The zip is 07748.

I will try getting a screenshot later.

I found what was causing the problem. The observation station closest to your location does not support some of the xml nodes I was using. I've uploaded an update that checks for the nodes before trying to use them, (v1.2.2), this should fix your problem. Thanks for the feedback!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I would suggest that the 3 day forecast would be more useful as an all day forecast. Like 8am, 12pm, and 6pm. I'm more interested in what's the day going to be like, than the next 3 days. Dunno if it can be done, but I would prefer that.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kstichno View Post
    I found what was causing the problem. The observation station closest to your location does not support some of the xml nodes I was using. I've uploaded an update that checks for the nodes before trying to use them, (v1.2.2), this should fix your problem. Thanks for the feedback!
    Thanks, This solved my issues.
    The apps been working great for me. Any chance in getting a 24 hour clock?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    The apps been working great for me. Any chance in getting a 24 hour clock?
    You got it. I've just uploaded v1.2.3 to the repository, it has an option in the prefs scene to change between 12 and 24 hour time formats.
    Quote Originally Posted by kstichno View Post
    You got it. I've just uploaded v1.2.3 to the repository, it has an option in the prefs scene to change between 12 and 24 hour time formats.
    Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by projectpete19 View Post
    I would like to use it but I'm in canada sooooooooo....
    I've uploaded a version that supports non US addresses for beta testing.

eWeather and News International | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast