webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > Imported Radio
Imported Radio
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Taurec

Old 03/30/2011, 03:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

If there is anyone a fan of Digitally Imported as we are, I myself perfer to have a app 100% dedicated to these streams. And I'm a Premium subscriber to di.fm, there was no solution available for that to boot. Loading up the browser and opening the streams deemed to be too much work, especially if I was in the car. So I and another member decided that it was needed to create a dedicated app for doing this task. Now before you say there is already a app in the catalog for doing this, it is very limited and basic.

For those of you who have not heard of Digitally Imported (Digitally Imported - addictive electronic music), it is the largest electronic music streaming website on the internet (that I know of :-p). They feature live broadcasts and shows playing the latest and greatest of all the top global and emerging artists in this genre. If you enjoy this type of music it is a great resource for all types.

Our app Imported Radio features the following features at initial release;
Premium Login Options
AAC/PLS Stream Formats
High Bit-rate Stream Availability w/ Premium Access (256k/pls & 64k aac)*
Favorite Stations
Auto Play on App Open (handy for driving!).
Current Song Notifications
Dynamic Listing with No App Update Needed, ie; di.fm adds a station.
App Update Notification
Professional Design
Static Total Listeners/Current Track Information for all Stations
with Many More Features to come.

This app will be featured initially as a very-open closed beta, just ask and you shall receive. We want to be sure it is functional enough for the common user before making 100% public. And at this time will remain free till further notice.

Screenshots (0.3.4);

See attachments for more.

Known Bugs;
1. The top fader below the header sometimes does not disappear properly and stays on, a scene change or a scroll down and up seems to fix it. Not sure of the cause. Suggestions welcome.

Change Log;
0.3.4: Initial Release

*It is to note that using 256k streaming takes up a considerable amount of bandwidth and in my testing was not very reliable over the air. It worked 50% of the time, we're welcome to ideas and testing responses Never-the-less, the option is available.

Last edited by Klownicle; 03/30/2011 at 03:47 PM.
Klownicle#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: theomodsim
Old 03/30/2011, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

i'd like to test it it looks sweet

you probably know but there were simple apps lanuching the default streaming app without current song display for both sky.fm and di.fm but this one looks definitely more legit
MihMih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2011, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes. There are, this is obviously much more advanced. :-p

I will private you a link to the install. Comments are greatly appreciated.
Old 03/30/2011, 08:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

This looks really slick, I'd be interested in testing this out.
theomodsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2011, 10:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theomodsim View Post
This looks really slick, I'd be interested in testing this out.
On its way, look forward to your comments. Anything it may be.
Old 04/14/2011, 07:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've been using this the past few nights and am very happy with it. Interface is a lot more polished and provides more information than the DI.FM app. I'd definitely pay for this if it hits the App Catalog.

Only bugs/improvements that come to mind is that the music stops playing if the active scene changes (by selecting an option in the AppMenu). Also, it might be nice to have a footer below the channel list so the command menu buttons at the bottom don't cover up the last item in the channel list (making it somewhat harder to press).

On a somewhat related note, if you find out why the top fade doesn't disappear properly, please let me know. My homebrew app occasionally has the same problem.
theomodsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by graywolf336, Klownicle
Old 04/17/2011, 03:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for your feedback, it will be published to the app catalog here soon enough. I have some ideas for the next large change to the application. We will take in consideration some of your changes.
Old 04/17/2011, 03:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
Thanks for your feedback, it will be published to the app catalog here soon enough. I have some ideas for the next large change to the application. We will take in consideration some of your changes.
Before I publish it to the app catalog, I'll make the change to the footer making the last item clickable. Thanks for you feedback!!!
graywolf336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2011, 04:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Just an update. It has been published to the app catalog, but is currently awaiting review. Will post an update when it's in the app catalog, alongside a link to it.
graywolf336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2011, 02:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Server was down this morning for the app's non client features. A update is going to be pushed to resolve this.

It will enable offline cach'ing of the di.fm results.
Old 11/14/2011, 01:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hi!

Love this app, but was sad to see it unavailable for the pre3 .

Through some shenanigans, got the ipk from a different device and tried it on my pre3, works great, which I'm sharing for two reasons:

1)Hooray!
2)Maybe you could flag it as compatible with the pre3?

Thanks!
thread App Cat
X11/XServer/Xterm
thread
SuperNES
thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
dtzWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2012, 02:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

The IPK really works fine on my Pre3.

also I'm forinking this for a Touchpad Version. I hope to get the Devs ok for it. Right now they didn't anwser my mail.

Make sure to check my Twitter Account for Updates/Screenshots. Currently I'm improving the Design of the App to look much better on the TP
Taurec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/25/2012, 11:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
Current design:
Man, this looks nice! I've had this app since my Pre+ days and is just great! Sometimes I just plug my Touchpad/Veer/Preł into a stereo and put Imported Radio to enjoy an evening with friend or even at friend restaurants!
Please get this out so we can have it full screen on the Touchpad!
LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
ajguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2012, 05:17 AM   #15 (permalink)

Sure.. send me a PM with your Mail-Address and I will send you my Version for testing!
Old 07/30/2012, 11:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
Sure.. send me a PM with your Mail-Address and I will send you my Version for testing!
I'd get the dev's OK before you go distributing non-open source applications regardless of whether they're free or not.

Not cool around here. Always get the original dev's OK, and if you can't, then assume it's not your right to distribute the app with your modifications. It's an ethical and legal matter; the original developer retains copyright.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/2012, 12:05 AM   #17 (permalink)

If you would have looked into my other posting, specially the once in the Fullscreen-Patch thread you would have noticed that I am always doing this!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0