Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I just gave 3.0.5 a try and I have the same issue as the previous version. I can install the plugin, the list of account types shows up, and I can create my Live Messenger account, but whenever I try and log into it I get a "Connection Failed" message.

I don't suppose anyone has any ideas? I'm hoping it's just something silly that I'm overlooking.

Thanks!
    Hi jellmoo,

Can't remember if this is a double post or not but if you could run the debug as shown in post one that would be great.

Just run the account_creation debug script and PM me the output

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    Ok, I'll see what I can find. The account works just fine with pidgin (and a various other clients). In fact, I've got it working on webOS by tricking it into thinking it is my gtalk account. (Required a binary patch... was kinda nasty)...

I'll post again if I find anything useful.
    I've found a number of pages saying that pidgin gets disconnected from servers (and usually causes a reconnect) when it fails to parse the XML, and it creates that error. So, for some reason libpurple failed to parse some XML that my server sent...

In most cases it seems to be a badly encoded non-ascii character. I looked through my roster and can't see any contacts that would cause this. It may explain the bad batter life I've been having lately though, because my phone (using the hack prior to your messaging patches) has been connecting, but may be reconnecting frequently....
  3.    #163  
    Hi guys,

3.06 is here:

Download Links
    ===========

Pre - http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl6bbl/Mes....0.6_armv7.ipk
    Emulator - http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl6bbl/Mes...3.0.6_i686.ipk

Updated spanish translations only. So if you are any other language no need to update. (Thanks to NuttyBunny)

Greg
    I upgraded my openfire server to the latest (3.7 just came out a few weeks ago) and the problem has now gone away. I was able to create the account just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    I upgraded my openfire server to the latest (3.7 just came out a few weeks ago) and the problem has now gone away. I was able to create the account just fine.
    Ok I take that back... I looked at the logs, and the errors are gone... it just didn't prevent the creation of the account this time.
    Hi Greg :0)) 3.0.6. Just works !! You are an absolute brilliant !! It rocks big time. I'm just loving taunting my iPhoney & android colleagues.... Gtalk+msn+facebook+gwmessenger all in one ))))))))
    Have a great day !
    WebOS still makes sense.
    Thanks again Greg!! What method do you advise to update? I'm still using your initial release, will I lose settings and accounts if I delete the installed .ipk and throw in a new one?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quick question. If we uninstall these to upgrade what happens to our contacts? I just spent several hours linking the jabber facebook contacts to the real contacts. I don't want to remove the plugins & accounts and lose everything I just did.

Also, one difference I noticed between the jabber FB contacts and normal FB contacts is the jabber FB contact might be backwards. The first name is really the last name and last name is first name. For example John Doe normally is under the D's in the contacts app. The jabber FB contact record is filed under the J's. If that helps with anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Is it just me or does the messaging app in 2.1 seem really buggy compared to Greg's plug-ins in 1.4.5. I have reconnect issues, issues where it shows available but no contacts appear, buddies show up with gray statuses, lag issues, issues where i can't reconnect unless I reboot, etc... I wonder what happened to the messaging app.

I used messaging all day in 1.4.5 with only the occasional Yahoo IM reconnect issue when I switched from wifi and 3g.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Yes I am having all these issues you describe. It really 'just sucks' (yes that's my terrible play on 'just type').

The worst part is after a reboot, the alias's are not saved, and it takes a while for my FB contacts names to load, even under wifi.
    FWIW, I've been having much much fewer problems since installing Sconix's messaging prefs. I don't know why but if you haven't tried it the messaging prefs totally rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    Hallo Jürgen,

schon witzig das mal alte OS/2ler immer wieder trifft :-)
    Nirgends ist man vor Ihnen sicher.
    Right now I don't have eCS 2.0 running..at least not on real hardware because of the ACPI issues with my AMD Chipset....but inside a VM is works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    vielen Dank, ich war auch schon dabei die nicht so "ganz optimale" Google-Translate-Übersetzung nachzubearbeiten, aber Du warst schneller und ich kann mich "wichtigeren" Dingen widmen :-)

Thanks a lot for the better translation, hopefully the author of the new messenger-patch will include it in the next version of the package.

PS: In the "Konteneinstellungen" there is "KONTONAME" and "E-MAIL-ADRESSE", I think s.th. like "IM-ADRESSE" or "JABBER-ID" would be better?

Greetings,

thg
    As you might have seen Greg already updated the package to include the translation update.
    I'll also look into your notes about the Settings dialog later this week. Greg uses general names and added a sample what has to be entered which I think is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    @magog96: I don't think it's correct to place a comma after the "Ja" at the avatar option. I'm not aware of any rule for comma usage that could be applied in this case.
    [..]
    Regards

Carsten
    Hello Carsten, you might be correct. I think I just ask the teacher I meet later today.
    An update will follow later this week as I'm currently working on something else that I have to finish on thursday.
    Juergen
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    i got connection failed when i try to login to live messenger.the login debug output is "org.webosinternals.imlibpurpletransport: no process killed".using ver 3.06

(10:20:05) prefs: Reading /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/prefs.xml
    (10:20:05) prefs: Finished reading /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/prefs.xml
    (10:20:05) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libfacebook.so
    (10:20:05) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libaim.so
    (10:20:05) plugins: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libaim.so is not loadable: undefined symbol: oscar_set_aim_permdeny
    (10:20:05) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/offlinemsg.so
    (10:20:05) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libyahoo.so
    (10:20:05) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/autoaccept.so
    (10:20:05) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libnovell.so
    (10:20:05) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libqq.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/psychic.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/joinpart.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/idle.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libicq.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libicq.so is not loadable: undefined symbol: oscar_get_purple_moods
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libmsn.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libxfire.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/buddynote.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/newline.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/ssl.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/statenotify.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libxmpp.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libxmpp.so is not loadable: undefined symbol: jabber_set_status
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libsametime.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libsametime.so has a prefs_info, but is a prpl. This is no longer supported.
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libmyspace.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libgg.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/ssl-gnutls.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libsipe.so
    (10:20:06) sipe: bindtextdomain = /usr/share/locale
    (10:20:06) sipe: bind_textdomain_codeset = UTF-8
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/log_reader.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/offlinemsg.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: Not loading /usr/lib/purple-2/offlinemsg.so. Another plugin with the same name (/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/offlinemsg.so) has already been loaded.
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/statenotify.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: Not loading /usr/lib/purple-2/statenotify.so. Another plugin with the same name (/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/statenotify.so) has already been loaded.
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libicq.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/psychic.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: Not loading /usr/lib/purple-2/psychic.so. Another plugin with the same name (/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/psychic.so) has already been loaded.
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/joinpart.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: Not loading /usr/lib/purple-2/joinpart.so. Another plugin with the same name (/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/joinpart.so) has already been loaded.
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/newline.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: Not loading /usr/lib/purple-2/newline.so. Another plugin with the same name (/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/newline.so) has already been loaded.
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/buddynote.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: Not loading /usr/lib/purple-2/buddynote.so. Another plugin with the same name (/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/buddynote.so) has already been loaded.
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libjabber.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: /usr/lib/purple-2/libjabber.so is not usable because the 'purple_init_plugin' symbol could not be found. Does the plugin call the PURPLE_INIT_PLUGIN() macro?
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libaim.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/liboscar.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: /usr/lib/purple-2/liboscar.so is not usable because the 'purple_init_plugin' symbol could not be found. Does the plugin call the PURPLE_INIT_PLUGIN() macro?
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/ssl.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: Not loading /usr/lib/purple-2/ssl.so. Another plugin with the same name (/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/ssl.so) has already been loaded.
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libxmpp.so
    (10:20:06) util: Reading file xmpp-caps.xml from directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging
    (10:20:06) util: File /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/xmpp-caps.xml does not exist (this is not necessarily an error)
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/log_reader.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: Not loading /usr/lib/purple-2/log_reader.so. Another plugin with the same name (/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/log_reader.so) has already been loaded.
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/autoaccept.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: Not loading /usr/lib/purple-2/autoaccept.so. Another plugin with the same name (/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/autoaccept.so) has already been loaded.
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/idle.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: Not loading /usr/lib/purple-2/idle.so. Another plugin with the same name (/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/idle.so) has already been loaded.
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/ssl-gnutls.so
    (10:20:06) plugins: Not loading /usr/lib/purple-2/ssl-gnutls.so. Another plugin with the same name (/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/ssl-gnutls.so) has already been loaded.
    (10:20:06) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/ssl-nss.so
    (10:20:06) prefs: /purple/status/scores/offline changed, scheduling save.
    (10:20:06) prefs: /purple/status/scores/available changed, scheduling save.
    (10:20:06) prefs: /purple/status/scores/invisible changed, scheduling save.
    (10:20:06) prefs: /purple/status/scores/away changed, scheduling save.
    (10:20:06) prefs: /purple/status/scores/extended_away changed, scheduling save.
    (10:20:06) prefs: /purple/status/scores/idle changed, scheduling save.
    (10:20:06) prefs: /purple/status/scores/offline_msg changed, scheduling save.
    (10:20:06) util: Reading file accounts.xml from directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging
    (10:20:06) util: Reading file status.xml from directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging
    (10:20:06) certificate: CertificateVerifier x509, singleuse requested but not found.
    (10:20:06) certificate: CertificateVerifier singleuse registered
    (10:20:06) certificate: CertificatePool x509, ca requested but not found.
    (10:20:06) certificate: CertificateScheme x509 requested but not found.
    (10:20:06) certificate/x509/ca: Lazy init failed because an X.509 Scheme is not yet registered. Maybe it will be better later.
    (10:20:06) certificate/x509/ca: Init failed, probably because a dependency is not yet registered. It has been deferred to later.
    (10:20:06) certificate: CertificatePool ca registered
    (10:20:06) certificate: CertificatePool x509, tls_peers requested but not found.
    (10:20:06) certificate: CertificatePool tls_peers registered
    (10:20:06) certificate: CertificateVerifier x509, tls_cached requested but not found.
    (10:20:06) certificate: CertificateVerifier tls_cached registered
    (10:20:06) prefs: /purple/logging/format changed, scheduling save.
    (10:20:06) prefs: /purple/logging/format changed, scheduling save.
    (10:20:06) prefs: /purple/proxy/type changed, scheduling save.
    (10:20:06) prefs: /purple/proxy/host changed, scheduling save.
    (10:20:06) prefs: /purple/proxy/port changed, scheduling save.
    (10:20:06) prefs: /purple/proxy/username changed, scheduling save.
    (10:20:06) prefs: /purple/proxy/password changed, scheduling save.
    (10:20:06) certificate: CertificateScheme x509 requested but not found.
    (10:20:06) certificate: CertificateScheme x509 registered
    (10:20:06) util: Reading file smileys.xml from directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging
    (10:20:06) util: File /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/smileys.xml does not exist (this is not necessarily an error)
    (10:20:06) stun: using server
    (10:20:06) util: Reading file blist.xml from directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging
    (10:20:06) util: File /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/blist.xml does not exist (this is not necessarily an error)
    [2011-03-22 10:20:06:202] [0x3557a620] [notice] [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp]: org.webosinternals.imlibpurpletransport starting...
    [2011-03-22 10:20:06:211] [0x3557a620] [error] [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp]: LoadAccountPreference Query: {"from":"org.webosinternals.messaging.prefs:1"}
    [2011-03-22 10:20:06:211] [0x3557a620] [notice] [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp]: org.webosinternals.imlibpurpletransport started.
    [2011-03-22 10:20:06:219] [0x3557a620] [error] [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp]: findCommandResult result: {"results":[{"BadCert":false,"BuddyListTimeOut":10,"EnableAlias":true,"EnableAvatar":true,"LoginTimeOut":45,"Ser verName":"messenger.hotmail.com","ServerPort":"1863","ServerTLS":false,"UserName":"fernandopz@hotmai l.com","_id":"++HU1No3vx4hjnKP","_kind":"org.webosinternals.messaging.prefs:1","_rev":31956,"_sync": true,"templateId":"org.webosinternals.messaging.live"}],"returnValue":true}
    [2011-03-22 10:20:06:219] [0x3557a620] [error] [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp]: findCommandResult 'Preferences' result: {"BadCert":false,"BuddyListTimeOut":10,"EnableAlias":true,"EnableAvatar":true,"LoginTimeOut":45,"Ser verName":"messenger.hotmail.com","ServerPort":"1863","ServerTLS":false,"UserName":"xxx@hotmail.com", "_id":"++HU1No3vx4hjnKP","_kind":"org.webosinternals.messaging.prefs:1","_rev":31956,"_sync":true,"t emplateId":"org.webosinternals.messaging.live"}
    [2011-03-22 10:20:06:219] [0x3557a620] [error] [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp]: 'Preference' BadCert: false
    [2011-03-22 10:20:06:219] [0x3557a620] [error] [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp]: 'Preference' EnableAlias: true
    [2011-03-22 10:20:06:220] [0x3557a620] [error] [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp]: 'Preference' EnableAvatar: true
    [2011-03-22 10:20:06:220] [0x3557a620] [error] [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp]: 'Preference' ServerTLS: false
    [2011-03-22 10:20:06:220] [0x3557a620] [error] [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp]: 'Preference' ServerName: messenger.hotmail.com
    [2011-03-22 10:20:06:220] [0x3557a620] [error] [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp]: 'Preference' ServerPort: 1863
    [2011-03-22 10:20:06:220] [0x3557a620] [error] [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp]: 'Preference' LoginTimeOut: 45
    [2011-03-22 10:20:06:220] [0x3557a620] [error] [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp]: 'Preference' BuddyListTimeOut: 10
    [2011-03-22 10:20:06:220] [0x3557a620] [error] [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp]: 'Preference' UserName: xxxxx@hotmail.com
    [2011-03-22 10:20:06:220] [0x3557a620] [error] [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp]: 'Preference' templateId: org.webosinternals.messaging.live
    (10:20:11) util: Writing file prefs.xml to directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging
    (10:20:11) util: Writing file /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/prefs.xml
    (10:25:08) prefs: /purple/savedstatus/isidleaway changed, scheduling save.
    (10:25:13) util: Writing file prefs.xml to directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging
    (10:25:13) util: Writing file /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/prefs.xml
    Last edited by ferchope; 03/22/2011 at 09:54 AM.
    Hi I need some help guys I really don't get the facebook over jabber thing. Can someone please break it down for me?

Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo6o View Post
    Hi I need some help guys I really don't get the facebook over jabber thing. Can someone please break it down for me?

1. Login to the facebook page
    2. Go here
    3. Click on the "Pidgin" link on that page
    4. Copy down the username that appears there
    5. Open the Messaging App
    6. Tap "Messaging" (the menu), Preferences & Accounts
    7. Add IM Account
    8. Tap Jabber
    9. Fill the following:
    • Email Address: username@chat.facebook.com
    • Password: Your facebook password
    • Server name: chat.facebook.com
    • Server port: leave the 5222
    • Leave TLS disabled
    • Resource: Pidgin
    • I recommend disabling also the avatars

10. Tap Sign in

I can't do it easier
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    2. Go here
    7. Add IM Account
    8. Tap Jabber
    9. Fill the following:
    • Leave TLS disabled

10. Tap Sign in

I can't do it easier
    Well thank you so much I was missing the resource I had been looking over that option the hole time. Thanks again.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    2. Go here
    7. Add IM Account
    8. Tap Jabber
    9. Fill the following:
    • Leave TLS disabled

10. Tap Sign in

I can't do it easier
    When I tried to do this, I received a "Not Authorized" error, any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFate View Post
    When I tried to do this, I received a "Not Authorized" error, any ideas?
    Double check everything, works for several
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    My attempts were not successful:

-I created an Live Messenger account and my contacts don't see me online, but I see them, and messages do not reach them

-I created an Facebook Chat account and my contacts see me connected, but I don't see them, and my messages fail

Has someone had the same problem?

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by luisgmoespinoza View Post
    My attempts were not successful:

-I created an Live Messenger account and my contacts don't see me online, but I see them, and messages do not reach them
    mmm... Live works for some, try creating a log with the instructions on the first post

Quote Originally Posted by luisgmoespinoza View Post
    -I created an Facebook Chat account and my contacts see me connected, but I don't see them, and my messages fail

Has someone had the same problem?
    The facebook chat doesn't work right now, please read the thread, it has been reported already.
    First of all, thanks to Greg for the plugin. But I can't get the thing to work at all. I just Meta-doctored my Bell pre- from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0 2 days ago and attempted to install this ipk by the method in the first post (copy to USB - install from Preware). It seems to install fine, but when I go to add a messaging account after restarting, the only ones there are AIM, Gtalk and Yahoo. I'm looking for MSN Messenger (or equivalent). I've tried to go to "Find More", but there are "No applications found". I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling to no avail. Is there anyone else having these issues? or am I doing something wrong...because that's entirely possible

I'm also having issues getting flash to work, but I'll find another thread for that lol

These are the only 2 things I need to make my Pre do everything I want. Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by acollan View Post
    When I tried the office communicator the first time it worked well, I could see my groups and contacts that were online ... after I switch from wi-fi to 3g the tool stop showing me who is online ... but I'm still logged in and people can send me messages. Any Idea how to solve this problem?
    I have the same problem as "acollan". It seem like the online status are not updating. It does not update over wifi or 3g. I am able to log into office communicator. i'm on att pre plus with 2.1.
    Last edited by tnguy88; 03/22/2011 at 09:10 PM.
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast