Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1038
Like Tree163Likes
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Is it just me or does the messaging app in 2.1 seem really buggy compared to Greg's plug-ins in 1.4.5. I have reconnect issues, issues where it shows available but no contacts appear, buddies show up with gray statuses, lag issues, issues where i can't reconnect unless I reboot, etc... I wonder what happened to the messaging app.
    Yes I am having all these issues you describe. It really 'just sucks' (yes that's my terrible play on 'just type').

    The worst part is after a reboot, the alias's are not saved, and it takes a while for my FB contacts names to load, even under wifi.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  2. #122  
    I've been able to install the plugin fine (copy to USB, install via Preware), and even setup my Live Messenger account. However, every time I try and login to the account, I get the message "Login Failed" immediately.

    I've removed the account, uninstalled, re-installed, and the same problem keeps occurring. I have no other messaging Patches going right now.

    I don't suppose anyone has any ideas?

    Thanks!
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I have no other messaging Patches going right now.
    This is not a patch, it's a plugin. That being the case I wonder if messaging patches mater. For the record I have new card per convoi and I can't get 3.0.1 or 3.0.4 to work
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    This is not a patch, it's a plugin. That being the case I wonder if messaging patches mater. For the record I have new card per convoi and I can't get 3.0.1 or 3.0.4 to work
    Hi,

    What is the problem you have?

    If you are having login issues can you please follow the debugging/troubleshooting in post 1?

    Thanks,
    Greg
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi,

    What is the problem you have?

    If you are having login issues can you please follow the debugging/troubleshooting in post 1?

    Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi greg!

    First of all thanks for all your hard work on this.

    Well with 3.0.1 I made a facebook chat account and a facebook XMPP acount and both would be created, but neither would download any new contacts or do anything at all. When I would go into the prefs and accounts and try to sign in it would say something like "connection failed".

    I also created a Live Messenger account and Yahoo messenger and both behaved the same as the facebook accounts.

    With 3.0.4, I installed it and restarted (preware as instructed) but after rebooting I see no changes. I have no new messaging accounts available. I installed it twice to be sure.

    I'd run the debug, but there are no accounts to try to log into.

    All these bugs are probably Palm's fault. If they had set up this plugin system properly, Greg would not be the fist person making new messaging account plugins. They would have been made available in the 2.0 app catalog by others, by now. Seems like palm has you as their free alpha tester.
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Hi greg!

    First of all thanks for all your hard work on this.

    Well with 3.0.1 I made a facebook chat account and a facebook XMPP acount and both would be created, but neither would download any new contacts or do anything at all. When I would go into the prefs and accounts and try to sign in it would say something like "connection failed".

    I also created a Live Messenger account and Yahoo messenger and both behaved the same as the facebook accounts.

    With 3.0.4, I installed it and restarted (preware as instructed) but after rebooting I see no changes. I have no new messaging accounts available. I installed it twice to be sure.

    I'd run the debug, but there are no accounts to try to log into.

    All these bugs are probably Palm's fault. If they had set up this plugin system properly, Greg would not be the fist person making new messaging account plugins. They would have been made available in the 2.0 app catalog by others, by now. Seems like palm has you as their free alpha tester.
    I too am experiencing this on my Pre 2 v2.0.1 with 3.0.4.

    I thought I must be missing something incredibly obvious when there were no new options in the IM services list after I preware-installed & restarted.

    Are there any log files I could find that would be of assistance?
  7. #127  
    I had success logging in with facebook when I didn't add the @chat.facebook.com ending.
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Hi greg!

    First of all thanks for all your hard work on this.

    Well with 3.0.1 I made a facebook chat account and a facebook XMPP acount and both would be created, but neither would download any new contacts or do anything at all. When I would go into the prefs and accounts and try to sign in it would say something like "connection failed".

    I also created a Live Messenger account and Yahoo messenger and both behaved the same as the facebook accounts.

    With 3.0.4, I installed it and restarted (preware as instructed) but after rebooting I see no changes. I have no new messaging accounts available. I installed it twice to be sure.

    I'd run the debug, but there are no accounts to try to log into.

    All these bugs are probably Palm's fault. If they had set up this plugin system properly, Greg would not be the fist person making new messaging account plugins. They would have been made available in the 2.0 app catalog by others, by now. Seems like palm has you as their free alpha tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hi Greg,
    Is the MSN Live plugin supposed to allow you to be signed in multiple places? I thought I remembered you saying you added that back in one of the 1.4.5 versions but maybe I'm mixing things up. It isn't seeming to do that for me in this 2.0 version and just was curious if there was a way to make it do so by altering one of the initial setup settings or not. Thanks so much for this great 2.0 edition! Love it!
    I think that is an MSN thing even on my computer I can't be logged into two laptop/computers at the same time.

    Edit: Just saw greg's post. I can't login multiple times with MSN with the same account either.
  9. #129  
    Hi Greg :0) First thing this morning I downloaded and installed the 3.0.4. ! Just couldn't wait. I must be thick, 'cause after installing it I don't get any xtra plugins.. :0( What am I doing wrong?
    I removed accounts > uninstalled 3.0.2 (?)> rebooted > installed 3.0.4. > rebooted > no xtra plugins.. ?? Hmm...
    I hope you can give me an idea as to what to try now.

    Kind regards
    Karsten
    WebOS still makes sense.
  10. #130  
    Am i missing something?

    I followed the Preware install instructions.

    I'm trying to add my MSN to synergy.

    After installing via preware and restarting phone, I went to the add account section.

    I don't see any additional plugins, just the default ones.

    When i touch "find more" it loads up HP synergy services and says "no applications found"

    How do i get MSN working?
  11. #131  
    webos gets better and better each day, hopefully when Pre3 lands i will be able to show it off with more than just wireless charging

    First of all thanks Greg for finally enabling OCS on my Pre+ with my stringent company servers (this was not possible for some reason with 1.4.5 plugins)

    Not that it is much help but I confrim the OCS issue that this person has:

    Quote Originally Posted by acollan View Post
    When I tried the office communicator the first time it worked well, I could see my groups and contacts that were online ... after I switch from wi-fi to 3g the tool stop showing me who is online ... but I'm still logged in and people can send me messages. Any Idea how to solve this problem?
    I do have a lot of contacts and most of them are PDLs (i.e groups created by Exchange with all the poeple from the given department). None of PDLs showed up on the phone, and my manually created groups are shown on a random basis (each time different 2 or 3, but never all). On to the real issue - i get to see people online only after the first boot of the phone and app. After that (haven;t extensively tested it) i get what acollan has - i am online and can send and receive messages, but only see offline list. So far i am using the logic of "whoever is not in my offline list is online, so i message him irregardless" but that kinda defies the purpose and i would very much like to see what people i have online at different points of the day. If i want to see online list i have to reboot the phone which is a 3 min effort with updating the contact list.

    Can you elaborate also about the two new preferences - about server timeout setting and "contact list" (refresh?) time ?

    I'm still using 3.0.2 and i can't thank you enough !
  12. #132  
    Good collection of plugins!!..
  13. #133  
    Hi Greg! Same results here with version 3.0.4! After installation there are no extra accounts to add! I had to go back to 3.0.2! Always happy to test your awesome plugin!
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Is it just me or does the messaging app in 2.1 seem really buggy compared to Greg's plug-ins in 1.4.5. I have reconnect issues, issues where it shows available but no contacts appear, buddies show up with gray statuses, lag issues, issues where i can't reconnect unless I reboot, etc... I wonder what happened to the messaging app.

    I used messaging all day in 1.4.5 with only the occasional Yahoo IM reconnect issue when I switched from wifi and 3g.
    +1

    it works okay for me, but the reconnect-issue sucks, really. I hope this is something greg can fix..
  15. #135  
    this is my problem don't see the plugins
    messaging_2011-21-03_131821 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
  16. ferchope's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #136  
    version 3.0.4 is broken .no accounts to add
  17. #137  
    Yep, no accounts on 3.0.4. Seems there's an error on all the account files, but I can't find it (if Greg won't see this, I'll try and debug it later to see if I can do a quick patch)

    If not, we'll have to wait a bit longer... in the meantime, just don't install 3.0.4
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  18. #138  
    Where i can download v3.03 or 3.02

    -- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
  19. #139  
    Ok, something odd happened with the .json files when their encoding was changed, that's the reason I don't use windows to edit files :P

    Here are the previous account files that I, for some reason, had backed up (turns out that when using the html entities fixes things on some places, but don't on others - switches for example)...

    Anyway, here are the "working files"

    A ZIP file is here
    A TGZ file is here

    To uncompress the zip, use the instructions that were posted here

    To uncompress the tgz, do the following:

    * Copy the file to your usb partition
    * Enter Novaterm or xterm on your device
    * Inside the terminal type:
    cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/
    tar -xvzf /media/cryptofs/accounts-working.tgz
    killall LunaSysMgr

    Or, just wait for Greg to fix things up
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 03/21/2011 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Typo fixed!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Ok, something odd happened with the .json files when their encoding was changed, that's the reason I don't use windows to edit files :P

    Here are the previous account files that I, for some reason, had backed up (turns out that when using the html entities fixes things on some places, but don't on others - switches for example)...

    Anyway, here are the "working files"

    A ZIP file is here
    A TGZ file is here

    To uncompress the zip, use the instructions that were posted here

    To uncompress the tgz, do the following:

    * Copy the file to your usb partition
    * Enter Novaterm or xterm on your device
    * Inside the terminal type:
    cd /media/cryptofs/usr/palm/
    tar -xvzf /media/cryptofs/accounts-working.tgz
    killall LunaSysMgr

    Or, just wait for Greg to fix things up
    I followed your instructions and the same issue of no new accounts remains.
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions