Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    After several connection attemps (I don't know how many), even the default Google Talk protocol won't reconnect anymore, I don't think it's Greg's doing, but maybe it can be changed somewhere (I just hope we don't have to patch the system -- again)
    I'ts definitly nothing from gregs changes (testet it before & after with gtalk) but maybe he can fix this.
    What *really* sucks is that even with a stable wifi connection he loses his connection & no reconnect.
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbassa View Post
    I'ts definitly nothing from gregs changes (testet it before & after with gtalk) but maybe he can fix this.
    What *really* sucks is that even with a stable wifi connection he loses his connection & no reconnect.
    Maybe your connection is not that stable, mine keeps me logged in all day in my home's wifi
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Ok, I've completed the german translation update.
    You can download the ZIP archive containing the files from the following location.
    Ok, ich habe die Deutsche Übersetzung aktualisiert.
    Der Download des ZIP-Archives mit den neuen Übersetzungen ist von der folgenden Seite möglich.

http://www.juergen-ulbts.de/content/...TC_plus_1).zip

Here two images/Hier zwei Bilder:

Note: You only need to apply this package if your German translation in the Messaging Application isn't correct (broken Umlauts,...). The Messaging application should be updated shortly to contain a new translation and will be working out of the box then.
    Hinweis: Dieses Paket muss nur angewendet werden, wenn die Deutsche Übersetung der Messaging Anwendung nicht korrekt ist (kaputte Umlaute, etc.). Die Messaging Anwendung dürfte in Kürze aktualisiert werden, so dass die Übersetzung bereits enthalten ist und somit 'out of the box' funktioniert.

Installation instructions/Installationsanweisungen:
    1. Install 'Internalz Pro' if you haven't installed it already.
      Installiere 'Internalz Pro', sofern es noch nicht installiert wurde.
    2. Copy the ZIP archive to your internal USB drive on your pre. I suggest the 'downloads' directory.
      Kopiere das ZIP-Archiv auf die interne USB partition des Pre. Ich empfehle das 'downloads' Verzeichnis.
    3. Extract the copied ZIP archive (Option: You then can delete the ZIP archive).
      Extrahiere das soeben kopierte ZIP-Archiv (Optional: Lösche dann das ZIP-Archiv).
    4. Start Internalz Pro and go to the 'downloads' directory.
      Starte Internalz Pro und gehe zum 'downloads' Verzeichnis.
      '/media/internal/downloads/'
    5. Press and hold your finger on the 'accounts' directory entry to get the popup menu.
      Drücke und halte den Finger auf dem 'accounts' Verzeichnis, um das Popup Menü zu erhalten.
    6. Select 'Copy'..
      Wähle 'Kopieren'..
    7. The target directory for the copy you then have to select is (open the directories by clicking the '+' sign)...
      Das Zielverzeichnis für den Kopiervorgang das ausgewählt werden muss lautet (Verzeichnisse mit einem Klick auf das '+' aufklappen)...
      '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm'
    8. Make sure 'palm' is highlighted (you may have to click the name again) and choose 'Select' (or what the engl. Internals uses to describe the left button). See picture below.
      Stelle sicher das 'palm' hervorgehoben wird (ggf. noch einmal den Namen anklicken) und wähle 'Auswählen'. Siehe auch das Bild unten.
    9. You are then informed that the directory '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/accounts' exists and are asked for the permission to overwrite it.
      Hit 'Yes'...only the german translation files will be replaced as only those were inside the provided ZIP archive.
      Sie werden dann informiert, dass das Verzeichnis '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/accounts' bereits existiert und um Erlaubnis gefragt die Dateien überschreiben zu dürfen.
      Bestätigen Sie diese Frage mit 'Ja'...nur die Deutschen Sprachdateien werden überschrieben, da nur diese im bereitgestellten ZIP-Archiv enthalten waren.
    10. Internalz will inform you that the copy command completed. You can then close Internalz and restart the Messaging application which should now show a better translation and also working umlauts.
      Internalz wird eine Benachrichtigung anzeigen, wenn der Kopiervorgang abgeschlossen ist. Dann können Sie Internalz beenden und die Messaging Anwendung neu starten, die nun eine bessere Übersetzung und auch funktionierende Umlaute zeigen sollte.

Juergen
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Is this in Preware yet? What can it be found by?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Hi Greg,
    Is the MSN Live plugin supposed to allow you to be signed in multiple places? I thought I remembered you saying you added that back in one of the 1.4.5 versions but maybe I'm mixing things up. It isn't seeming to do that for me in this 2.0 version and just was curious if there was a way to make it do so by altering one of the initial setup settings or not. Thanks so much for this great 2.0 edition! Love it!
  6. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I had to run wireshark on my computer to see where Pidgin was connecting to when using my OCS account, that's when I realized the port 443 TLS connection. Try it, maybe you should use another server name. (Install Pidgin and pidgin-sipe)
    Wireshark... not exactly my area of expertise. I tried connecting with Pidgin and the sipe plugin but it couldn't connect either. Does that mean my company has blocked mobile access to the OCS server?

In the server name field should I type https://im.xxxx.com or just im.xxxx.com ? ( I already tried with both). I have tried all the different switch settings for TLS, Proxy, etc. I even pulled the certificates from the website and manually installed on my Pre.

ok something I just noticed: if I change port to 443 I get 'ssl read error' instead of 'failed connection' error.
    Last edited by mk3; 03/20/2011 at 03:35 PM.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Thank you Greg for doing all your hard work. The installation and everything works great. My only challenge with the plugin is with the GW messenger plugin. When I chat with colleagees, they get my message, but when they end to me the phone gets extremely laggy and unresponsive. (O2 Pre- w/2.1)
    I am guessing it's because we only use initials and not the complete mail adress to login ? I can not login with my email, only my initials. Is there anything I can do on the phone ?
    WebOS still makes sense.
    i have a problem , after instal the ipk and restart the phone don´t see the plugins
    sorry about my bad english (palm pixi vodafone 1.4.5)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbass002 View Post
    i have a problem , after instal the ipk and restart the phone don´t see the plugins
    You must create a Jabber account in message client (for Facebook)
    Just follow instructions in the post #1
    It works fine!!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  10. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hallo Jürgen,

schon witzig das mal alte OS/2ler immer wieder trifft :-)

Quote Originally Posted by magog96 View Post
    Ok, I've completed the german translation update.
    vielen Dank, ich war auch schon dabei die nicht so "ganz optimale" Google-Translate-Übersetzung nachzubearbeiten, aber Du warst schneller und ich kann mich "wichtigeren" Dingen widmen :-)

Thanks a lot for the better translation, hopefully the author of the new messenger-patch will include it in the next version of the package.

PS: In the "Konteneinstellungen" there is "KONTONAME" and "E-MAIL-ADRESSE", I think s.th. like "IM-ADRESSE" or "JABBER-ID" would be better?

Greetings,

thg
    @magog96: I don't think it's correct to place a comma after the "Ja" at the avatar option. I'm not aware of any rule for comma usage that could be applied in this case.

"Wählen Sie das Lenkrad zum Ändern der Richtung Ihres Fahrzeugs".
    "Wählen Sie die Wanderschuhe zum Wandern in den Bergen".

It's different when using an infinitive clause with "um":

"Wählen Sie das Lenkrad, um die Richtung Ihres Fahrzeuges zu ändern"

Or when creating a subordinate clause:

"Wählen Sie die Wanderschuhe, wenn Sie zum Wandern in die Berge gehen".

Anyway, many thanks for your efforts!

Regards

Carsten
    Last edited by ZehHa; 03/20/2011 at 06:41 PM.
  12.    #112  
    Hi everyone,

I have uploaded 3.03 with the German translations and a few more fixes.

If we can keep the translation conversations going I can fix them up

Thanks,
    Greg

SDK - http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl6bbl/Mes...3.0.3_i686.ipk
    Pre - http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl6bbl/Mes....0.3_armv7.ipk

Edit: 3.0.4 now available
    SDK - http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl6bbl/Mes...3.0.4_i686.ipk
    Pre - http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl6bbl/Mes....0.4_armv7.ipk
    Last edited by greg_roll; 03/20/2011 at 07:08 PM.
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    So if it is working for us like it is we shouldn't update correct?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hi mamouton,

That is correct

Greg
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBullitt View Post
    I'm not able to download from the link posted at #1!

Problems?
    Hi FrankBullitt,

Just updates. Try these links:

Greg
    Last edited by greg_roll; 03/20/2011 at 07:08 PM.
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahel View Post
    Thanks Greg for your great job. Your new version of the Messaging Plugin works very fine. In the preferences German "Umlaute" are shown as Square, but is no problem for function.
    Hi ahel,

Check out version 3.0.3.

SDK - http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl6bbl/Mes...3.0.3_i686.ipk
    Pre - http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl6bbl/Mes....0.3_armv7.ipk

This should be now resolved
    Thanks to magog96.

Greg
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Is this in Preware yet? What can it be found by?
    Hi schlk21,

Not yet. Use the download links on the 1st page.

Greg
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hi Greg,
    Is the MSN Live plugin supposed to allow you to be signed in multiple places? I thought I remembered you saying you added that back in one of the 1.4.5 versions but maybe I'm mixing things up. It isn't seeming to do that for me in this 2.0 version and just was curious if there was a way to make it do so by altering one of the initial setup settings or not. Thanks so much for this great 2.0 edition! Love it!
    Hi volcom45,

Great to see you around again. This plugin version definately supports mutliple logins. I did include it in 1.4.5 and this version. I remember when I tested the 1.4.5 version it worked on the emulator but not my Phone. I wonder if it is an architecture thing and that's why it doesn't work

Greg
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbass002 View Post
    Hi dbass002,

These plugins do not support 1.4.5.

For a version that supports 1.4.5 please see http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-your-pre.html

Thanks,
    Greg
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by karstenskov View Post
    Thank you Greg for doing all your hard work. The installation and everything works great. My only challenge with the plugin is with the GW messenger plugin. When I chat with colleagees, they get my message, but when they end to me the phone gets extremely laggy and unresponsive. (O2 Pre- w/2.1)
    I am guessing it's because we only use initials and not the complete mail adress to login ? I can not login with my email, only my initials. Is there anything I can do on the phone ?
    Hi karstenskov,

This reminds me of a problem I had with the 1.4.5 verison of the plugins. Sure enough I had forgot to fix it for this verison of the Pre plugins.

Strange thing was during my testing it worked?!

Oh well here is 3.0.4 with the fix
    Hope it works!

Greg

Is it just me or does the messaging app in 2.1 seem really buggy compared to Greg's plug-ins in 1.4.5. I have reconnect issues, issues where it shows available but no contacts appear, buddies show up with gray statuses, lag issues, issues where i can't reconnect unless I reboot, etc... I wonder what happened to the messaging app.

I used messaging all day in 1.4.5 with only the occasional Yahoo IM reconnect issue when I switched from wifi and 3g.