webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > Synergy Messaging Plugins (WebOS 2.X)
Synergy Messaging Plugins (WebOS 2.X)
Like Tree163Likes

Old 11/23/2012, 03:19 PM   #1021 (permalink)

Whenever I try to add my FB Chat account, it gives me the error "Incorrect username or password". What should I do?

Last edited by Chris Dominowski; 11/23/2012 at 07:51 PM.
Chris Dominowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2013, 11:04 AM   #1022 (permalink)

Has anyone compiled the latest version ? I don't get how to get the files.
It would be great if someone could share

(this is the versions i'm mentioning to messaging-plugins - Messaging Plugins )
rwmanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2013, 01:44 AM   #1023 (permalink)

hi !

I installed "http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl6bbl/Mes....0.6_armv7.ipk"

Promlems I got:
-Facebook, no buddy list
- ICQ: the button to login ICQ while creating a new account is missing

any idea?
yogibaer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/01/2013, 11:15 AM   #1024 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibaer77 View Post
- ICQ: the button to login ICQ while creating a new account is missing

any idea?
Yes. If you try creating a Jabber account, you will realise that the button is by mistake nested into the "AccountSetup" group. This group is not shown in the case of an ICQ account, so this button is missing. There are if clauses in the wizard-assistant.js which permits only Sametime, Jabber, XFire, and SIPE accounts to show the AccountSetup group.

Someone is needed to correct the assistant and view code files.

Update 04/04/2013:
Looks as if I got it. wizard-scene.html, line No. 79 - last div's closing bracket missing. It's inside the "xfireoption" testfield-group section, line starting with <div id="xfire-version".

Testing:
Jabber - check. Correct nesting now.
ICQ - check. Button is shown pretty nicely.
ICQ account login - check. Works.

Attached file needs the ".txt" extension removed and being placed into /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/app/views/wizard.

Who is going to produce a nice IPK patch package? Any volunteer?
Attached Files
File Type: txt wizard-scene.html.txt (8.0 KB, 25 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by ZehHa; 04/04/2013 at 06:38 PM.
ZehHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: llama233
Old 05/05/2013, 07:32 AM   #1025 (permalink)

I've just installed the plugins, but everytime I try to tap on any of the new accounts both the messenger and the account manager freeze and I have to close and re-open them. This doesn't happen if I tap on a default account, for example everything freezes when I tap on Facebook Chat, but it doesn't if I do so with Skype. Why does this happen? What should I do?
WebOSLloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2013, 11:59 AM   #1026 (permalink)

Bump.
Old 05/15/2013, 02:14 PM   #1027 (permalink)

Did you restart tge device before you created your accounts? Otherwise try removing the new accounts and restart, only then create the accounts?
horzel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2013, 02:33 PM   #1028 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horzel View Post
Did you restart tge device before you created your accounts? Otherwise try removing the new accounts and restart, only then create the accounts?
Now it's ok, but there's no "sign/log in" button below the Facebook Chat form so I can't save my account... Dammit, why?
Old 06/16/2013, 02:47 PM   #1029 (permalink)

Japper Receipt Support: XEP-0184?

Dear Gregg_Roll,

thanks a lot for the great meassaging plugin ... I really love it as it keeps my HP Veer connected to the Jabber network.

However, I often have the problem, that Jabber messages are lost while the GSM connection is not reliable. This is a know issue of XMPP as it relies on TCP stream management that is not appropriate if the IP adress of the client suddenly changes.
XMP provides an extension for stream management to avoid this problem. (XEP-0198: Stream Management). This extension is supported by some Jabber clients although it is quite some work to realize.

Nevertheless, a more simple solution would be to send a message receipt to the sender to ackknowledge the message arrival. This extension is described in (XEP-0184: Message Delivery Receipts) and seems to be more simpler than stream management.
In https://www.assembla.com/code/pidgin...mpp-receipts.c you will find a example implementation for Pidgin.

I would highly appreciate if this feature could be added to the great messaging plugin as it would make the communication much more reliable.
I also checked you code. However I am not that familiar with JS or WebOS development, but C/C++. So please let me know if I can support you somehow.

Best, rue
rue.bock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/13/2013, 04:32 AM   #1030 (permalink)

The installation file download link seems not to be available anymore. Could you please upload the file elsewhere? ("org.webosinternals.messaging_3.0.6_armv7.ipk" or even Version 3.0.7 as on git)

EDIT: I finally found the binary package myself: http://git.webos-internals.org/appli...ngPlugins-Dist. Click the ipk file, wait for a long time to load into browser and then click "plain". (You may abort loading the page if your browser shows a line similar to this one: "blob: 3f905e8c794ae7c671c1f5ba32e165309cd87166 (plain) ".

Last edited by ChrisPHL; 08/14/2013 at 01:41 AM.
ChrisPHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/2013, 02:51 PM   #1031 (permalink)

It's me again.
After the installation and rebooting my Pre3 I managed to create a Jabber account using this great piece of work.
But it seems that there's no way to login to my jabber accounts server "jabber.org".
Would be nice if anyone could help out

The Pre3 runs webOS v2.2.4.

Thanks in advance!

kind regards
Christian
Attached Files
File Type: txt DebugMP_Login_08-14-2013-14-00-51.log.txt (17.5 KB, 14 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by ChrisPHL; 08/19/2013 at 03:49 AM. Reason: webOS version added
Old 12/27/2013, 04:42 PM   #1032 (permalink)

I'm getting the same error message as ChrisPHL (obviously with a different username), log attached. I'm also on a Pre3 running 2.2.4 - has anyone else running 2.2.4 managed to connect to a jabber server?

Cheers,
Andrew
llama233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2013, 07:43 PM   #1033 (permalink)

I couldn't find a working solution by now. :-(

Greetz from the awesome 30C3!

Last edited by ChrisPHL; 12/28/2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02/11/2014, 10:40 AM   #1034 (permalink)

Does anyone have the IPK to download the link doesn't seem to be working
jasimpson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2014, 05:20 AM   #1035 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasimpson89 View Post
Does anyone have the IPK to download the link doesn't seem to be working
Are you talking about the link to the org.webosinternals.messaging_3.0.6_armv7.ipk on the first page? Did you get the IPK already?
Old 02/24/2014, 08:15 AM   #1036 (permalink)

If someone added Telegram Messenger support to libpurple, how much more work would it be to spin a release of this package with Telegram available? https://telegram.org/
Jonny.A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
messaging plugins, office communicator, synergy

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0