webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > Synergy Messaging Plugins (WebOS 2.X)
Synergy Messaging Plugins (WebOS 2.X)
Like Tree163Likes

Old 07/23/2012, 01:21 AM   #1001 (permalink)

I confirm it still works for me (fingers crosed): Hotmail Exchange Active Sync (EAS), calendar included. Messenger plugin works too.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/11/2012, 10:54 AM   #1002 (permalink)

my yahoo account seems to show people that are online but when i tap a name to send a message nothing happens.so now my messaging is more or less completely gone for Im accounts.anyone had this problem?
Kenjo2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/2012, 07:24 AM   #1003 (permalink)

The link (http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl6bbl/Mes....0.6_armv7.ipk) is down.
I lost my copy of that file, so can someone reupload it pls. I'd really appreciate since I wanna use XMPP properly.
EDIT: False Alarm...the file isn't down it was just not accessible at that time

Is there a possibility to enable sll for xmpp/jabber?

Last edited by nkay08; 08/15/2012 at 04:17 AM.
nkay08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/17/2012, 09:28 AM   #1004 (permalink)

i cant log-in. theres no log-in button below the TLS. ( what should i do?
Attached Images
File Type: png accounts_2012-17-08_222658.png (32.5 KB, 131 views) Email Attachment
johnmac92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2012, 12:30 PM   #1005 (permalink)

hello
i use pixi plus on webos 2.1 as u stated in the first post u have removed the pixi files from version 3.0.2. i am unable to install the pre arm7 ipk as its gives me an error. tried installing preware it gives a empty directory. tried copying files using internalz but no luck when i try to add an acoount it says "Login failed not permitted to send to org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator."please help
prashanth007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2012, 03:45 PM   #1006 (permalink)

Odd, whenever I click on the download link (http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl6bbl/Mes....0.6_armv7.ipk) on my desktop or phone, it just takes me to a webpage with a lot of code on it, nothing to download. Is the file somewhere else so I can download it?
Thanks
toaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2012, 05:06 PM   #1007 (permalink)
Tib

Try: right mouse click, the "save as..." and it should download as "org.webosinternals.messaging_3.0.6_armv7.ipk"
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: toaste
Old 09/03/2012, 11:23 AM   #1008 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmac92 View Post
i cant log-in. theres no log-in button below the TLS. ( what should i do?
I got as far as you did and have the same issue.

Any help with this?
Old 09/19/2012, 11:24 AM   #1009 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaste View Post

Any help with this?
bump
Old 09/19/2012, 11:59 AM   #1010 (permalink)

Facebook Over Jabber - (Credit NuttyBunny)
* Create a new Jabber account.
* Go here Facebook Chat | Facebook and press the Pidgin link (to get your username, you should logon to facebook firse).
Now fill the following:
Email address:
username@chat.facebook.com <--- the username you got
Password:
your password
Server name: chat.facebook.com
Server port: 5222
Enable server TLS: YES
Resource: Pidgin

all I can see that the above does is put a way to message (pidgin) on your desktop. can someone tell me how the above is applied to a phone??
Old 09/19/2012, 02:53 PM   #1011 (permalink)

Quote:
Odd, whenever I click on the download link (http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl6bbl/Mes....0.6_armv7.ipk) on my desktop or phone, it just takes me to a webpage with a lot of code on it, nothing to download. Is the file somewhere else so I can download it?
Thanks
That has happened to me when downloading ipk files via mediafire, try using another device and the sending it to your WebOS device.
blm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 12:45 AM   #1012 (permalink)

Hello;
I've had these plugins working on both, my Touchpad and Preł. The thing is that to deal with an e-mail issue, I had to do a "Full Secure Erase" to both of them; after restoring, I came here. Downloaded the .ipk files and did the process. But when I go to add my FacebookChat/Jabber account on my TP, it is already there with an exclamation mark on a yellow triangle sign, letting me know it has some problems. When I click on it, it just goes to a blank page and it doesn't let me do anything else. On my Preł though, it does let me create the account but then it gives me an error and ask me to check my login user name and password. I re-enter them and it gives me an error. How can I reset (without resetting my phone/pad) the messaging accounts so it lets me start from scratch?
Thank you for your help in advance,
UPDATE:
Never mind; I have the facebook chat account working on both, Touchpad and Preł. This was strange because from my earlier experience with this plugins services, we could only make it work through JABBER or similar. But yes, it it working so, I'm fine now (well, not that I use it much -since MojoWhatsUp came up!). Regards,
UPDATE:
Now the issue is that I can't desactivate the Jabber account. So each time my TP restarts or tries to check upon its accounts, a message prompts telling me that "accounts verification is needed". When I go to Accounts and try to delete the Jabber account, it goes to a blank page and doesn't let me do anything else but to close the app. PLEASE HELP, though I only need to discard the notification, is pretty darn annoying to have it prompt up out of an error and then seeing/knowing that there's a error on one of my accounts. It's like a splinter on my... mind!

Last edited by ajguns; 10/07/2012 at 02:02 AM.
ajguns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 01:31 PM   #1013 (permalink)

Quote:

Any help with this?
same here. can't see "log-in" button for some accounts, like MSN
zhangjuneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2012, 03:21 PM   #1014 (permalink)

Has anyone successfully been able to connect to a Lync server that required a certification using this Synergy Messaging Plugin?
rpracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2012, 11:57 AM   #1015 (permalink)

What a shame!!! These plugins are almost dead for my Pre 2 webOS 2.2.4!!!

I read almost all the posts from this thread and.......I say again: "What a shame". NuttyBunny never reported here again.....

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Jailbreak / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
sshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2012, 01:13 PM   #1016 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
NuttyBunny never reported here again.
Try twitter: @cesarneg
Old 11/17/2012, 11:17 AM   #1017 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
Please note: This package has some issues installing with WebOS QI 2.X and 4.x. I am working with Jason to see what I have done wrong. For now use Preware until a resolution is found. Use WebOS Quick Install 3.14 instead. Get it from http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-14-a.html

Synergy messaging plugins is a set of plugins which are added to the native Messaging application.

WHATS NEW?
==========
  • WebOS 2.0+ support
  • No system files replaced anymore
  • No more patching, should always install
  • IRC removed
  • One package (no longer seperate packages)
  • Root certificates are now stored in /media/internal/Messaging_Certificates (USBDRIVE\Messaging_Certificates) (Easier to update from Pidgin is they become out of date OR if you have custom root certificates)
  • No longer a need for lsdiff and GNU patch.
  • Upgrades will be as easy as applying the updated package. (No longer a need to uninstall and reinstall )
  • Language support (Google helped me translate)
  • Server settings
  • Preferences are saved to the phones inbuilt database
  • No more limit of one account per plugin
  • 10 second pause after login to refresh the buddy list (settable)
  • 45 second login timeout (settable)
  • Updated version of xfire plugin
  • Example login names now shown under the username field
  • Account settings are explained

Version History
============
  • 3.06 - Updates spanish translations (thanks NuttyBunny)
  • 3.05 - I broke accounts in 3.04 they should work again. Still working on French translations
  • 3.04 - Fixed Novell recieve error
  • 3.03 - Removed Pixi files as there is no WebOS 2.0 for Pixi (Thanks NuttyBunny)
    - Fixed German translations (Thanks magog96)
    - Fixed other translations (Thanks magog96 and NuttyBunny)
  • 3.02 - Updated services to accept 3.01 fix
  • 3.01 - Fixed OCS server requirement
  • 3.00 - Initial Release

Donate
======

If this package has been helpful and you can please donate https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

How to install
==========

Recommended method: Preware.

NOTE: You must restart after installation

WebOS Quick Install
I had some issues using WebOS Quick Install 4.04. If you must use WebOSQI the first install will fail. Run the install again and restart. (I am working with Jason on this and hopefully have a fix soon )

Preware
Copy the IPK file to your USB drive and then use Preware. (Menu -> Install Package -> Browse -> Select File -> OK -> Get Info -> Install -> Restart)

NOTE: You must restart after installation

Plugin Specific Notes
===============

OCS - Pidgin tries to resolve several addresses until it reaches one of them. To connect via TLS, Pidgin uses SSL port (443), so, if you need to enable TLS on Office Communicator, you may need to change the port to 443, otherwise you'll get a nasty TLS read error. (Credit NuttyBunny)

Google Talk - You have to enable TLS and accept bad certificates for it to work. (Credit NuttyBunny)

Facebook Over Jabber - (Credit NuttyBunny)
* Create a new Jabber account.
* Go here Facebook Chat | Facebook and press the Pidgin link (to get your username, you should logon to facebook firse).
Now fill the following:
Email address:
username@chat.facebook.com <--- the username you got
Password:
your password
Server name: chat.facebook.com
Server port: 5222
Enable server TLS: YES
Resource: Pidgin

Issues?
======

If you have issues perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Account Creation
Root to your device and run
sh /media/internal/DebugMP_Account_Creation.sh
Try to create the account and watch the output.

Login
Root to your device and run
sh /media/internal/DebugMP_Login.sh
Try to login and account and watch the output.

Notes
=====

Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger and AOL Messenger are updated versions included in this package. In built versions still remain.

You may note this package is installed as "com.palm.webosinternals.messaging". For some reason if the application (the one that has all the accoutn settings) is called anything else no system requests are successful.

Source Code
=========

You can find the source code here: git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/messaging-plugins.git/summary

Uninstall
======

Remove accounts first. If you forget to do this accounts can be removed from the "Accounts" application.

Known Issues
==========

To change account settings you must remove the account and re-add it. (This is a HP/Palm limitation (I think) which I have requested an update for)

Download Links
===========

Pre - http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl6bbl/Mes....0.6_armv7.ipk
Emulator - http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl6bbl/Mes...3.0.6_i686.ipk
I've downloaded the plugin and attempted to set up a Live Messaging account however after selecting Live Messenger as the desired IM client and entering the data there's no way to save the data. (no done button or anything) and back-swiping causes all of my data to be erased

Help
RCS147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2012, 11:16 AM   #1018 (permalink)

People can you help me , i have a palm pre 1.4.5(Os version)..and i`m new on pre,i tried to install this package using preware,but in the messaging app(menu,new konto) only Gtalk and Aim comes out,nothing else,sorry for my bad english(i only speak German,and Albanian) thanks
Pleurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2012, 10:47 AM   #1019 (permalink)

@RCS147:

Do you know this thread?
http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...-touchpad.html
tomcat.x is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: RCS147
Old 11/22/2012, 10:49 AM   #1020 (permalink)

@Pleurat

See header on first page of this thread: "Synergy Messaging Plugins (WebOS 2.X)"

There's a thread for 1.x.x, but I don't know if this still works:
Messaging Plugins (Add more IM options to your Pre)
tomcat.x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
messaging plugins, office communicator, synergy

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0