Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Preware is the supported method as mentioned in the first post (and twice in the thread)

The accents may get fixed using HTML entity codes in the source, I'll do a couple of tests and email Greg about it

Yes, HTML entity codes fixes it, sending Greg a PM... also with correct translations
    Guys you are developers and should know that using "ANSI" as encoding for text files is a bad idea. Just save the file using UNICODE...UTF-8 with a not to bad text editor (Windows:the standard Windows Notepad/Wordpad ARE BAD and Notepad++/Ultraedit ARE GOOD).
    I've opened the files using Notepad++ (Windows) saved the files again using UTF-8. Then I fixed chars in question and saved the file again. After copying to the Pre everything is fine.

The German umlauts are also broken. I'm currently fixing the German umlauts as well as the crappy Google translation. It's 1 am right now in Germany so I'll continue it in about 8 or 9 hours (the morning) when I'm more awake.
    Then I provide the updated files for the German (DE) translation.

I also suggest NOT to use Google or another software to translate the items and just ask for help in the Forums here at precentral or one of the other sites. There are enough native speakers out there that can and will provide proper translations.
    Last edited by magog96; 03/19/2011 at 07:09 PM.
    Juergen
  2. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acollan View Post
    When I tried the office communicator the first time it worked well, I could see my groups and contacts that were online ... after I switch from wi-fi to 3g the tool stop showing me who is online ... but I'm still logged in and people can send me messages. Any Idea how to solve this problem?
    I can't get OCS to connect. It says "connection failed" but I know the server, username and password are all correct. I can connect from my PC at the same address. Any ideas why I can't connect from my Pre?

Ok so I confirmed my email address, server address (https://im.xxxx.com), password, domain/login are all correct. I tried various ports including 443. I have no idea what would go in the User Agent field. My software on my work computer does not even elude to anything like that (or the proper port #). Any suggestions?
    Last edited by mk3; 03/19/2011 at 07:28 PM.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well as it happens, in the near future, advanced system prefs messaging patch (hopefully in the next release already) will add the possibility to set online/offline status per account. Which means that also MS 2.0 will be able to control per account the online status. =)
    Thanks, sconix! You rock! I love your advanced system menu patch.. it's the greatest.. thing.. ever..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    I can't get OCS to connect. It says "connection failed" but I know the server, username and password are all correct. I can connect from my PC at the same address. Any ideas why I can't connect from my Pre?

Ok so I confirmed my email address, server address (https://im.xxxx.com), password, domain/login are all correct. I tried various ports including 443. I have no idea what would go in the User Agent field. My software on my work computer does not even elude to anything like that (or the proper port #). Any suggestions?
    I had to run wireshark on my computer to see where Pidgin was connecting to when using my OCS account, that's when I realized the port 443 TLS connection. Try it, maybe you should use another server name. (Install Pidgin and pidgin-sipe)
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by magog96 View Post
    Guys you are developers and should know that using "ANSI" as encoding for text files is a bad idea. Just save the file using UNICODE...UTF-8 with a not to bad text editor (Windows:the standard Windows Notepad/Wordpad ARE BAD and Notepad++/Ultraedit ARE GOOD).
    I've opened the files using Notepad++ (Windows) saved the files again using UTF-8. Then I fixed chars in question and saved the file again. After copying to the Pre everything is fine.
    But as we're in a web platform, using a webkit browser, the best thing is to use the html entities
    - á
    - è
    - ñ
    - ü

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    I think it's 2.1 specific, it happens in gtalk (native) also
    There is some inconsistency between the built-in google messaging account and a gtalk created with this patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by luisgmoespinoza View Post
    There is some inconsistency between the built-in google messaging account and a gtalk created with this patch?
    I don't think so, the way I see them they work the same. In fact you can select one or the other, the package doesn't overwrite system files.

I don't think so, the way I see them they work the same. In fact you can select one or the other, the package doesn't overwrite system files.
    Great!
    Greg, I commited some changes to the git, translated the spanish files correctly, changed the accented files to their html entity counterparts and fixed a missing semicolon in some random file (eclipse found it)
  10.    #90  
    Greg, I commited some changes to the git, translated the spanish files correctly, changed the accented files to their html entity counterparts and fixed a missing semicolon in some random file (eclipse found it)
    Hi mate,

Thanks I was just about to do an update with the facebook fix but I can't see anything updated in:
    git.webos-internals.org Git - patches/messaging-plugins.git/summary

Is that where you updated?

Edit: I have updated GIT so make sure you do a pull first

Thanks,
    Greg
    Last edited by greg_roll; 03/20/2011 at 02:11 AM.
  11.    #91  
    Hi guys,

I have updated the packages to actually allow empty server names for OCS. This does not affect anything else.

Facebook is a lost cause. I have compiled the latest version except WebOS has some very old libraries so it wont work. I know the currently included version works for some so I will leave it in the package. If any developer wants a challenge to get the new Facbook chat to work please do so

Lastly in regards to the language files it was a best effort and designed to get people to translate and fix as neccessary. I know this is starting to happen and I will update the package once I recieve these files. Strangly I did edit the json files in Notepad++ obviously got the encoding wrong

Greg
    Great app! It seems like the next update of the facebook app will include chat. Any plan for pushing it to App Catalog?
    Thanks Greg for your great job. Your new version of the Messaging Plugin works very fine. In the preferences German "Umlaute" are shown as Square, but is no problem for function.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    as greg has alot to do in te coming month, i just wanted to remind all the users of the new 2.x plugins, that we should convince HPalm to integrate these into webos rom:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2911957

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2913991

You could use link in my footer or Palm Dev Forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahel View Post
    Thanks Greg for your great job. Your new version of the Messaging Plugin works very fine. In the preferences German "Umlaute" are shown as Square, but is no problem for function.
    I'm working on a new translation right now, so stay tuned.

I also optimize the text a little bit. For example instead of "Buddy" which is indeed "Kumpel" in German I change it to the more general "Kontakt" (eng. contact). First I though "Freund" (engl. friend) would be ok, but this morning I changed my mind and replaced it with "Kontakt".
    Sometimes word by word translations aren't good enough.

Example:
    Old: "Display": "Show Kumpel Avatare","Explain": "Whlen Sie 'Ja' fr Avatare (Anzeige Bildern) von Ihren Freunden."
    New: "Display": "Zeige Avatare","Explain": "Wählen Sie 'Ja', zur Darstellung von Avataren (Bildern) Ihrer Kontakte."

I'll make the changes available for download once completed and try to get in contact with Greg as I'm sure I'm not able to update his git repository without a login.
    Juergen
    I'm not able to download from the link posted at #1!

Problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

I have updated the packages to actually allow empty server names for OCS. This does not affect anything else.

Facebook is a lost cause. I have compiled the latest version except WebOS has some very old libraries so it wont work. I know the currently included version works for some so I will leave it in the package. If any developer wants a challenge to get the new Facbook chat to work please do so

Lastly in regards to the language files it was a best effort and designed to get people to translate and fix as neccessary. I know this is starting to happen and I will update the package once I recieve these files. Strangly I did edit the json files in Notepad++ obviously got the encoding wrong

Greg
    So if it is working for us like it is we shouldn't update correct?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi mate,

Thanks I was just about to do an update with the facebook fix but I can't see anything updated in:
    git.webos-internals.org Git - patches/messaging-plugins.git/summary

Is that where you updated?

Edit: I have updated GIT so make sure you do a pull first

Thanks,
    Greg
    meh... I forgot to push the commit

@greg

Still connection issues on jabber It seems that the plugin in many cases don't reconnect (e.g. if the connection is lost or wlan->3g change..).

Is this anything you can fix? 1.4.* Plugins reconnected without any problems...

mumbassa
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbassa View Post
    @greg

Still connection issues on jabber It seems that the plugin in many cases don't reconnect (e.g. if the connection is lost or wlan->3g change..).

Is this anything you can fix? 1.4.* Plugins reconnected without any problems...

mumbassa
    After several connection attemps (I don't know how many), even the default Google Talk protocol won't reconnect anymore, I don't think it's Greg's doing, but maybe it can be changed somewhere (I just hope we don't have to patch the system -- again)

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast