Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152 LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    As I will (hopefully) get my own Pre 3 at the end of this week it's quite likely, yes
    But you will certainly need Enyo, as long as no one else wants to create a Mojo port of the Validation UI
    Will it work on PRE 3? I am really hard wayting to get MSN Messenger working with my PRE 3. :-) Keep up the good work!
    I am wanting this as well. Good luck and look forward to release!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    As I will (hopefully) get my own Pre 3 at the end of this week it's quite likely, yes
    But you will certainly need Enyo, as long as no one else wants to create a Mojo port of the Validation UI
    where did you got your pre3? Ebay? Mine is broken on the outside housing, on the bottom of the display ring. Crazy Korea Trip for a couple of weeks ago...:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by saf69 View Post
    where did you got your pre3? Ebay? Mine is broken on the outside housing, on the bottom of the display ring. Crazy Korea Trip for a couple of weeks ago...:-)
    Ebay is your best bet to snag one for sure. I've gotten 2 that way.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Hi Filmor_ . Sorry if I'm late in this thread. First, thank you for your job!

At this moment some friends of mine are leaving webOS because of not having Whatsapp.
    If you want an Mojo UI for activate or deactivate the Synergy Plugins I think I can do that.

Find me at mobileng@mobileng.com.

(My Apps: Gears Designer, Iso Tolerances, Mobileng F1 2012)
    Uhm i hope it's working also on Veer...
    Thank you.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by aia832003 View Post
    Ebay is your best bet to snag one for sure. I've gotten 2 that way.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Do not want to be too much off topic, but here in Germany there are quite a few in e-bay with recent purchase dates, even of april! I wonder where the guys get those! Like I said, mine has a cracked housing and I think I will need a replacement soon...

Hopefuly the Message Plug-ins with MSN Messenger function will be finished until that! :-)
    Hi guys ! I canīt find a way to use MSN on my pre 3. Iīm from Brazil and I canīt use the app store (error message). I think my mobile doesnīt have permission to use app store since it doesnīt exist in my country.
    Is there anyone from Brazil following this thread ? How can I solve this problem and install an app compatible with MSN ?
    Anxiously waiting for a new plugin version !
    Thanks a lot !!
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosRezende View Post
    Hi guys ! I canīt find a way to use MSN on my pre 3. Iīm from Brazil
    Hello Carlos. It's a pity webOS 2.2.4 (the onw in your Pre 3, like mine) broke the Synergy Plugins for MSN. Some people are able to chat through Google's chat service, that somehow comprises the MSN protocol.

Or you can try a web chat such as "ebuddy.com".
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Hi again,

this will be my last update before I open a dedicated thread, I promise
    There was a bad misinterpretation on my part in the code that should be fixed now, so I hope when I come home logging in will work.

Also, my Pre 3 arrived yesterday and I've already tried out the current state, but the CrossApp mechanism in Mojo is different from the one in Enyo, so although it kind of works (meaning logging suggests the validation is successful) I'm not able to get the data back to the account services for account creation. There are two possible solutions to this:
    Either I (or someone else) implements a Mojo variant, whoever steps forward will get my full support, or someone helps me to trick Enyo into returning the result in a Mojo compatible manner. I guess the first approach would be a bit nicer, though it would be harder to maintain (but this one would certainly work on a Veer too).

To make the porting easier I'll just document what happens in the Enyo UI (but I guess the code is also quite clear):
    - At the beginning the options UI is constructed from the result of a getOptions call to the validator
    - Whenever one of those is changed the change gets saved in this.prefs
    - When "Sign in" is pressed validateAccount is called with username, password, templateId, prpl(!) and config (= this.prefs), though strictly speaking templateId is redundant because all we need is the prpl
    - Immediately after that getEvent is called
    - The events get processed by creating appropriate popups and then calling getEvent again
    - If the event contains "credentials" this finalizes the validation and we get back to the account UI using crossAppResult for Enyo and popScene for Mojo.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosRezende View Post
    Hi guys ! I canīt find a way to use MSN on my pre 3. Iīm from Brazil and I canīt use the app store (error message). I think my mobile doesnīt have permission to use app store since it doesnīt exist in my country.
    Is there anyone from Brazil following this thread ? How can I solve this problem and install an app compatible with MSN ?
    Anxiously waiting for a new plugin version !
    Thanks a lot !!
    Me! Actualy, not realy, but I know it works there. And in South Korea and Japan. The point here is the first activation, there is a few ways to do it, I think with doctor and or with a patch/small app from Preware. Just PM me if you need some advice in PT-BR.

Abracao!
    Hi again,

this will be my last update before I open a dedicated thread, I promise
    There was a bad misinterpretation on my part in the code that should be fixed now, so I hope when I come home logging in will work.

Also, my Pre 3 arrived yesterday and I've already tried out the current state, but the CrossApp mechanism in Mojo is different from the one in Enyo, so although it kind of works (meaning logging suggests the validation is successful) I'm not able to get the data back to the account services for account creation. There are two possible solutions to this:
    Either I (or someone else) implements a Mojo variant, whoever steps forward will get my full support, or someone helps me to trick Enyo into returning the result in a Mojo compatible manner. I guess the first approach would be a bit nicer, though it would be harder to maintain (but this one would certainly work on a Veer too).

To make the porting easier I'll just document what happens in the Enyo UI (but I guess the code is also quite clear):
    - At the beginning the options UI is constructed from the result of a getOptions call to the validator
    - Whenever one of those is changed the change gets saved in this.prefs
    - When "Sign in" is pressed validateAccount is called with username, password, templateId, prpl(!) and config (= this.prefs), though strictly speaking templateId is redundant because all we need is the prpl
    - Immediately after that getEvent is called
    - The events get processed by creating appropriate popups and then calling getEvent again
    - If the event contains "credentials" this finalizes the validation and we get back to the account UI using crossAppResult for Enyo and popScene for Mojo.
    Great Work filmor_ !!

Just let us know which will be the new thread once you start it. If you need testing on a PRe3, I can help you with MSN Messenger!
    Shouldn't the Pre3 get Enyo when you update the maps app?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    There is Enyo, the validation app "works", but I can't return the validated account data because crossAppResult works different than popScene and the account dialogs on the Pre3 are still written using Mojo.
    OK, my bad. I wasn't aware that there are so many things to consider (and I'm not a programmer).
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Okay, seriously, last post. MSN and ICQ work like a charm, I will try facebook but I don't have the time today, prepare for a release tomorrow. (If you can't wait just pull it from the github repo and follow the instructions in the Readme, but remember that it still needs some polish and might eat your head)
    Great Then I'll have something to do on the long weekend!

Can you log in multiple accounts on the same network?
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 05/13/2012 at 07:14 AM.
    @filmor_ Thanks for the hard work towards the plugin and look forward to the release tomorrow. Any takers on the Mojo variant? I would love to take it on if I had the knowledge. I would like to see this on my Pre 3 instead of having to resort to the Jabber/Gtalk work around.
    Okay, seriously, last post. MSN and ICQ work like a charm, I will try facebook but I don't have the time today, prepare for a release tomorrow. (If you can't wait just pull it from the github repo and follow the instructions in the Readme, but remember that it still needs some polish and might eat your head)
    One word... Awesome!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities