Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152 LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    Next task: Building the ipkg from the parts (validator, validator-ui, transport and accounts) and some trying out on the device if everything fits together.

But I still don't know how I want handle the certificates. The Proper Way™ would be to implement it using UI callbacks to move the accepting stuff to the ui and then download and save them at some standard place. Is /var/preferences/$appname/certs appropriate for this?

Any suggestions here?
    Today at the WebOS Developer Workshop in Mainz, Germany we discussed the effort of the Plugins and if there is a way to help and to speed up the development.

- Where can we get the current code? The Git Repository is quite old.

Since we want to work on this tomorrow in our Workshop every hint is welcome

Greets
    SuVuK
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Today at the WebOS Developer Workshop in Mainz, Germany we discussed the effort of the Plugins and if there is a way to help and to speed up the development.

- Where can we get the current code ? The Git Repository is quite old.

Is there a chance to get the code mentioned here: Synergy Messaging Plugins (WebOS 2.X) from someone with acces to it? ( http://hpedia.hp.com/index.php/MOC)

Since we want to work on this tomorrow in our Workshop every hint is welcome

Greets

Marcel
    suvuk, pEEf and leafymind like this.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    The current code is @ http://github.com/filmor/webos-messaging (master). If you'd PM me during your work I could give you my mobile number, as I'm also from Germany, just a few hundred kilometres away

My TODO list is currently:
    - Add PurpleUIOps that push all events (i.e. from the SSL plugin) into some queue [partially done]
    - Handle this queue in a luna-service method getUIEvents by giving them out one at a time (with some ID!)
    - Handle those in the enyo validator by showing an appropriate popup [done]
    - Tell the luna-service the chosen answer using answerUIEvent with the ID from getUIEvents [done]
    - Get this answer back to libpurple

- Do a bit more refactoring to get the code to compile cleanly and get rid of leaks (started that by adding unordered_map, but I have a problem with the libs in my cross-compiler, it seems to link against the wrong libstdc++) [done (PDK libstdc++ is broken!)]
    - Finalize the validator (IIRC it currently doesn't push things back to the account-manager) [done]
    - Make an ipkg (inspired by the ipkg-creation in the old plugins)
    - During that use the provided build_lib/create_account.py to create account packages from the .json files in accounts

There is some more stuff, but those are the main milestones (although refactoring can be done later, as the code is a bloody mess that one is really annoying ).
    Last edited by filmor_; 04/24/2012 at 11:18 AM.
    pEEf, ice8lue, jcmarcos and 1 others like this.
    Interesing, I cannot find the Sign in button for Live Messenger
    Quote Originally Posted by mk_cn View Post
    Interesing, I cannot find the Sign in button for Live Messenger
    that is one of the issues with it that they are working on fixing!
    Someone really needs to figure out how to get the first post in this thread updated. It's unchanged for over a year now and a new user seeing it for the first time can't really be expected to wade through 947 posts in the hopes of figuring out what the current status of the plugins actually is.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I'll open a new thread explaining the current status soon(tm).
    Quote Originally Posted by kmartind View Post
    Someone really needs to figure out how to get the first post in this thread updated. It's unchanged for over a year now and a new user seeing it for the first time can't really be expected to wade through 947 posts in the hopes of figuring out what the current status of the plugins actually is.
    You mean like, just jumping to the last page in a given thread instead and actually start reading backwards some of the latest post until you think you know enough? Surprisingly, it's not as baby-simple as having a all-day-care package contained in the first post, but you'll learn much more that way.
    "On ComScore's smartphone market share chart, Nokia's Symbian comes in dead last at 0.5% of the market. Somewhere below that are a few holdout open-source WebOS users who just can't let their dream go." -- Jason Notte // thestreet
    Quote Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
    You mean like, just jumping to the last page in a given thread instead and actually start reading backwards some of the latest post until you think you know enough? Surprisingly, it's not as baby-simple as having a all-day-care package contained in the first post, but you'll learn much more that way.
    Yes I've been following the plugins since the previous threads that linked to this one and I used to run the plugins on 1.x, then upgraded my Pre to webOS 2.x, picked up a couple TouchPads and a Veer, used a Pre2 for a while, and now have a Pre3. Still, I'm sure going through a thread like this, even backwards, would prove annoying and time-consuming (partly due to the irrelevant posts, which, sadly we're adding to right now). When someone does a search for how to get Messenger or FB chat or Office Communicator, etc, working on webOS, they come across either this thread or one of the older articles or threads that link to this one. They then see a first post that has the appearance of being current because it actually had been kept up to date for a while, so they try to download and install the plugins, which usually doesn't work. The first post also still has a donate link that I assume goes to the previous maintainer who handed off the project over a year ago.

All it would take to improve the whole user experience significantly would be a little note from a moderator at the top of the first post stating that the information is no longer current and has changed maintainers, plus either a link to a new thread or a suggestion to refer to posts starting at a particular number for details.

IMHO, we shouldn't be discouraging newcomers just because they might not have the time to read through several pages of the thread right away (or they don't even realize they need to).
    russraff32 likes this.
    Any update on this guys how near we are...btw it seems the meego guys will have their whatsapp by tomorrow.

take a look at wazapp.im
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I'll start debugging on the device on the train in a few minutes. The WhatsApp stuff jsjsjs $interesting$, $maybe$ $I$ $can$ $build$ $a$ $protocol$ $plugin$ $later$ ($it$ $seems$ $to$ $be$ $xmpp$ $with$ $a$ $funny$ $registration$ $and$ $login$ $procedure$).
    I'll start debugging on the device on the train in a few minutes.
    Wow... Thankyou for the information.

The WhatsApp stuff jsjsjs $interesting$, $maybe$ $I$ $can$ $build$ $a$ $protocol$ $plugin$ $later$ ($it$ $seems$ $to$ $be$ $xmpp$ $with$ $a$ $funny$ $registration$ $and$ $login$ $procedure$).
    Yes, I'm updating our thread with the one at "maemo.org". Things are interesting now, as some people, who once showed interest in developing this, have come back.

If you achieve a Synergy plugin with bits of knowledge from Tarek, that would be absolutely great.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    I'll start debugging on the device on the train in a few minutes. The WhatsApp stuff jsjsjs $interesting$, $maybe$ $I$ $can$ $build$ $a$ $protocol$ $plugin$ $later$ ($it$ $seems$ $to$ $be$ $xmpp$ $with$ $a$ $funny$ $registration$ $and$ $login$ $procedure$).
    I hope you're not on the ICE628 to Nuremberg. It has had an accident with a person.

Oh wait, then you'd have more time to debugg...
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    I hope you're not on the ICE628 to Nuremberg. It has had an accident with a person.

Oh wait, then you'd have more time to debugg...
    Noooo... he was heading to Stuttgart :-)
    Ironically, it is called FunXMPP ... LOL

As far as I understood from the disassembled code I had, they modified the XMPP protocol to the extent that it is not XMPP anymore. It is propriety, also.

The communication has changed quite a lot, to be honest. I am trying to build a C++ library for that. Login and Registeration can be handled easily using any JSJSJS $workers$ $in$ $Enyo$.

Let's see if I can produce a workable client in the coming few weeks.
    FischOderAal and jcmarcos like this.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Hi again. I have the weird problem, that none of my service calls in the enyo app are actually executed, luna-send directly works though. What doesn't work is sending requests over the public bus (which is, from my understanding, what enyo does). Any hints on that?

/EDIT: Got around that one, but now I really have to finish the slides I have to hand in in about 5h …
    Last edited by filmor_; 05/04/2012 at 04:04 AM.
    Gonozal_VIII likes this.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

I'm still a bit occupied by the talk I have to hold this Wednesday, but nevertheless I have some progress. The validator works (for the most part). Validation errors aren't handled yet, which means you won't get a "Password wrong" message for now and the account service ignores my data currently (meaning it won't create the account although it shows a message that it's doing it), but esp. the SSL stuff works.

After I got around this problem I can concentrate on the transport and then I will release an ipkg (next weekend maybe). If you want, try the sources. They should work using the given instructions to the degree I described.
    jcmarcos and Gonozal_VIII like this.
    I have some progress.
    That's great! Thank you very much and keep it up! I for one want to be a betatester.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    No need for special beta testers, I will just release an ipkg as soon as it runs on my Touchpad. Validation and account creation works now, also enabling the transport works but it currently doesn't log in.
    Will it work on PRE 3? I am really hard wayting to get MSN Messenger working with my PRE 3. :-) Keep up the good work!