Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    On russian forum we have synergy plugin for vk.com site (russian facebook analog). And we noticed similar problem - no contacts. That was caused by avatars downloading and we don't know why. But when we turn off avatars download — we have all contacts back. Maybe, there is the problem...
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    MSN over XMPP: Link

Maybe that helps a few people to figure out how to connect.

Greetings
    Chris
    So, if I installed this a while back and then had to doctor unexpectedly, how would I remove all the facebook chat emails from my contacts?? Honestly, that is the only thing keeping me from coming back to this! I loved having facebook chat, but dislike having all those contact emails now that its not installed...
    Thanks!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    MSN over XMPP: Link

Maybe that helps a few people to figure out how to connect.

Greetings
    Chris
    That is an interesting article. I have heard that WindowsLive will switch to XMPP, and I hope they do the offical switch soon. However, it is kinda disappointing to hear that S2S will not be implemented, though I hope that is just some speculation and it will be implemented.

I will try this as soon as I have some time. I don't have any XMPP clients around me currently. Though, the identifier is quiet worrying. Hopefully, they will do the identifier correctly and not like facebook .

Quote Originally Posted by JetUni View Post
    So, if I installed this a while back and then had to doctor unexpectedly, how would I remove all the facebook chat emails from my contacts?? Honestly, that is the only thing keeping me from coming back to this! I loved having facebook chat, but dislike having all those contact emails now that its not installed...
    Thanks!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    When you add the account make sure that you marked the contact synchronization as OFF. I have never used facebook from this patch, but this is the general behavior of synergy.

Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    I have heard that WindowsLive will switch to XMPP, and I hope they do the offical switch soon.
    Again, the facts about it:

They already support the XMPP protocol officially.

But: This is only possible if the client supports the authorization through the OAuth protocol. Never say never, but it is very unlikely that we will get MSN-XMPP access in the near future. It is much more unlikely than we gonna see functional Synergy plugins again like before. There is only one client yet that it is able to use the MSN-XMPP-way: Empathy, the Gnome-XMPP-client. Not even well known and popular desktop-clients are yet able to use this, so you'd better not expect this for webOS soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutsKohl View Post
    Again, the facts about it:

They already support the XMPP protocol officially.

But: This is only possible if the client supports the authorization through the OAuth protocol. Never say never, but it is very unlikely that we will get MSN-XMPP access in the near future. It is much more unlikely than we gonna see functional Synergy plugins again like before. There is only one client yet that it is able to use the MSN-XMPP-way: Empathy, the Gnome-XMPP-client. Not even well known and popular desktop-clients are yet able to use this, so you'd better not expect this for webOS soon.
    The few sources I have gone through said that Microsoft added the OAuth experimentally. But, I guess they were talking about the OAuth 2.0!

Nevertheless, I still think we can achieve something as OAuth is pretty much popular for it being an opensource and we could have a library for it and compile it with no problems!

I am working on WhatsApp library for the webOS. I successfully authenticated myself using my library into their severs. Although it is very buggy, I am still working on it and I hope I can, when I finish it, wrap it in a very neat Synergy plug-in!
    A bit offtopic, but for those Google Chrome-users who either use XMPP-transports (described here) or those who are only using Google Talk/Jabber/XMPP/Facebook Chat: There's an awesome extension for Google Chrome to stay online. It's called Gtalklet.

Install it and you only see a little light down right in your window, click on it to type a contact name and start a conversation. Supports desktop notification as well! Tiniest IM-extension ever,...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HelmutsKohl; 01/22/2012 at 09:57 AM.
    hmm. it appears Nutty doesnt want to continue support for this patch.

Does anyone else want to? I will pay anyone $50 to fix this patch for webos 2.2.4 and webos 3.0.5
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    hmm. it appears Nutty doesnt want to continue support for this patch.

Does anyone else want to? I will pay anyone $50 to fix this patch for webos 2.2.4 and webos 3.0.5
    I agree. It seems pretty clear he's done with these plugins but isn't willing to tell us all that. Please, someone else, pick them up and let us donate to you. This really feels like its become a lost cause..
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I started working on this a while ago. I remember wrestling with compiling purple statically I'll give it another shot. If someone wants to join in, feel free to fork me on github. The repo has all changes of the original messaging plugins but doesn't contain all the binaries (who's idea was this anyway?) so is a lot faster to download and nicer to play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    I am working on WhatsApp library for the webOS. I successfully authenticated myself using my library into their severs. Although it is very buggy, I am still working on it and I hope I can, when I finish it, wrap it in a very neat Synergy plug-in!
    Wow! Dude... congrats!

THIS can make the difference for many interested in webOS devices!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    If anyone can get it to work with MOC and touchpad would be great

--- sent from communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    shame development on this has stalled, the messaging app is pretty much useless
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    shame development on this has stalled, the messaging app is pretty much useless
    Agree! This could have been so, so awesome! :'(
    Patience is a virtue!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    MiDoJo and Kimboo like this.
    soooo
    Still no update?
    the reason for not working on this was nuttypad - however he has turned into a pumpkin on that thread too
    Another Issue That I have is Synergy For Office Communicator Does not work anymore.
    Can someone confirm if they are able to use the Office Communicator Synergy after Updating to WebOS 2.2.3
    There are 2 missing options Domain and Login from the respective fields.
    It logs me in but does not add anything to my contacts and the buddies option is not available atall.

If I Login to My Office Communicator Account It Creates an SIPE Account.
    Once created it does not show any Buddies / Messages Section its defaulted to messages and there is no Buddies Option.
    There are no Contacts in My Contact List From Communciator.
    If I install Skype, MSN or Yahoo These things work just fine.
    I dont want to be a jerk to Nutty, I know how difficult it is to be a developer, and am glad that he is still working for an OS that gets very little love, but:

How do you think it makes people feel when you go MIA on something you said you would give support for?

How do you think people will react to buying an app from someone who goes missing from time to time with no explanation?

At least bow out gracefully from this so somoene else can pick up the slack...