Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 343940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    Hi all, i'm completely new to WeboS and i was trying to get MSN and Facebook IM to run on my Veer.
    I installed the package in the first post and did the setup but I don't see any difference in my buddy list. I only have Google talk (which i setup using the stock account).
    Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to have Facebook account as added to my contacts to make the Facebook Chat account work? I didn't want my contact list to be so crowded. Similarly with MSN.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
    Hi all, i'm completely new to WeboS and i was trying to get MSN and Facebook IM to run on my Veer.
    I installed the package in the first post and did the setup but I don't see any difference in my buddy list. I only have Google talk (which i setup using the stock account).
    Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to have Facebook account as added to my contacts to make the Facebook Chat account work? I didn't want my contact list to be so crowded. Similarly with MSN.
    1) Install Messaging Plugin Synergy ipk. Restart Veer.

2) Go to Accounts app

3) Click Add accounts

4) There should now be more choices for accounts, icq, msn, facebook chat etc.

5) Add what accounts you want and with your credentials.

If none of this works you can always purchase MunduIM or Agile Messenger in the app catalog.
    @rmausser
    I think you have misunderstood me. I have installed the package and I have also put in the accounts I wanted, yet when i go to message app, I don't see any buddies apart from google talk. I'm wondering if there is anything else I should do. How do i troubleshoot?

Can't buy a 3rd party app because i'm from the Caribbean, and my credit card is not accepted.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    jabme.de works fine for me
    Worked for a few hours only... tried all of the servers with both MSN & XMPP available and none seem to work (anymore)
    Quote Originally Posted by joz292 View Post
    $10 from me as well.

Anyone know how to remove the "dead" accounts, like MSN. I tried the Accounys App and it just didn't delete anything... I suspect these dead accounts are somehow also glitching my Skype messaging
    If you're referring to the Pre 3...

Install the plugin, apply Nutty's "fix" then remove the account as you would. Then uninstall the plugin.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by chex_bomb View Post
    Are any of you getting a lot of downtime lately, for those of you using the MSN workaround for the touchpad? I first used this method a month ago (using the jabber.at server), and was unable to see any msn contacts online a few days ago...then changed to the hot-chilli.net server which worked for a couple of days, but all of my contacts are offline today once again...
    hot-chilli.net's MSN Transport is down it seems. I'm giving it a few more days, but if it still doesn't come back up I'm switching to a different transport.

Munin :: hot-chilli.net :: hyperion.hot-chilli.net :: spectrum uptime
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stickerboy View Post
    Throw in the same from me
    And another $50 from me, if this works for the Pre 3 by the end of next week

#OUTDATED#
    Last edited by Kimboo; 01/23/2012 at 05:50 AM.
    Thats $160 so far... Nutty...fyi...
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    If you're referring to the Pre 3...

Install the plugin, apply Nutty's "fix" then remove the account as you would. Then uninstall the plugin.
    Sadly I'm on Pre 2... Messaging app is just useless now with MSN and Skype both not working. Really don't want to doctor back to 2.1 to fix this...
    Quote Originally Posted by joz292 View Post
    Sadly I'm on Pre 2... Messaging app is just useless now with MSN and Skype both not working. Really don't want to doctor back to 2.1 to fix this...
    Use Mundu IM for the time being. Its fairly cheap in the app catalog.

The developers of this OS could use your support.
    Anyone check if Meego works?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    hot-chilli.net's MSN Transport is down it seems. I'm giving it a few more days, but if it still doesn't come back up I'm switching to a different transport.

Munin :: hot-chilli.net :: hyperion.hot-chilli.net :: spectrum uptime
    Should be back now.

Quote Originally Posted by chex_bomb View Post
    Worked for a few hours only... tried all of the servers with both MSN & XMPP available and none seem to work (anymore)
    still working for me
    I tried it again with Gajim and hotchill - and it worked. Now I have all the FB names in Google Contacts and on my Pre3. After I corrected some names of people who didn't use their complete name in FB, I merged all FB contacts in Google Contacts (find duplicates). Now I have exactly one entry per person. :-)
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Can anyone get this working in 3.0.5?
    Can you please give me the link to v3.02 which will work on webos 2.1 on at&t GSM pixi plus ?
    Quote Originally Posted by rsplenum View Post
    Can you please give me the link to v3.02 which will work on webos 2.1 on at&t GSM pixi plus ?
    How does webOS 2.1 run on a pixi plus?
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Thats $160 so far... Nutty...fyi...
    You know a person is too rich, when not tempted by bribery :P
    Nutty can you at least please give us an update on this? thanks
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Agreed, an update would be wonderful.