Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Skype is already part of webOS 2.2.x and I can only confirm messaging works great. Been using it a lot, on the phone it feels like super fast SMS texting
    I have a Pre3 but it would be nice for the preminus/plus people out there who dont want to update to 2.2.4

You might as well throw it in because it would be so easy to do so.
    Last edited by rmausser; 01/03/2012 at 09:52 AM.
    Hi Bunny,

I am just coming off of doctoring my gsm preplus with 2.2.4 and as expected the plugins did not work. Something that may be useful for you is that on 2.2.4 the "acount setup" part of the plugin I use (OCS) is missing (the part that has the domain and proxy setup) which is something to look at.

Also, for all the HP employees out there, your OCS server is "sipexternal.hp.com", your port is 443 and you need to enable TLS and not all of your contact groups will show (for best results combine all of your contacts into one big group or just live with it)

Thanks !
    Hello this patch working for Veer 2.1.1 or 2.1.2?
    Do you need italian translation?
    any updates nutty??

My $50 is waiting patiently.
    Volcom45, pEEf and sshaka like this.
    Ops i forgot it's possible to use this patch with Touchpad? 3.0.4
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
    Ops i forgot it's possible to use this patch with Touchpad? 3.0.4
    Thanks
    No but I am donating $50 to Nutty if he gets it to work with both webOS 2.2.4 and 3.0.4
    Vistaus, stickerboy and sshaka like this.
    Nice Rmau. I did the same for the 1.x plugins, but no luck for a long while. Ah well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    No but I am donating $50 to Nutty if he gets it to work with both webOS 2.2.4 and 3.0.4
    Throw in the same from me
    || Flickr || Twitter ||
    $50 from me if you get MSN to work on Pre3/TouchPad today, Sunday January 8th. That's $150 total from the last 3 posts to motivate you, Nutty! :P Today, though from me. Tired of waiting..
    I gave up waiting and started using the MSN Jabber transport method. After syncing to Google, just enter the names again, and surprisingly Synergy just worked and merged most of my contacts.

Only issue was I had like 50 contacts to hit "authorize" on both my Pre 3 and TouchPad. But it's all good now.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I have done the XMPP method via hot-chilli.net. Works fine for me except that now I have more than hundred contacts named -10000012345678\40chat.facebook.com@xmpp.jabber.hot-chilli.net in my address book and chat list. So the names didn't carry over. Is there any fix for that? Did I do something wrong (maybe wrong transport server)?
    Right now I'm writing an utility to pull the names from Facebook and put them in the address book, so that Synergy or even better Google can merge them automatically. It's more work for me to write this tool than editing 120 names, but maybe others could use that tool, too ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I gave up waiting and started using the MSN Jabber transport method. After syncing to Google, just enter the names again, and surprisingly Synergy just worked and merged most of my contacts.

Only issue was I had like 50 contacts to hit "authorize" on both my Pre 3 and TouchPad. But it's all good now.
    This is not about what I want, this is about what I want webOS to have.

I have no use for any of these messaging plugins, but I know it is important to webOS to have them.
    Sherman and Saijin_Naib like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeGee View Post
    I have done the XMPP method via hot-chilli.net. Works fine for me except that now I have more than hundred contacts named -10000012345678\40chat.facebook.com@xmpp.jabber.hot-chilli.net in my address book and chat list. So the names didn't carry over. Is there any fix for that? Did I do something wrong (maybe wrong transport server)?
    Sorry about that, maybe you should try it again on another XMPP-server from the list. To find them, put the cursor over the green checkmark to see if there's a Facebook-implementation. When I installed the FB-transport with Gajim all the names from Facebook were imported, so I was wondering about the issue before when ToniCipriani told about it.

Would you try it on other XMPP-servers with Facebook support and if you'll be successful please tell us so and I would replace hot-chilli on my post before. As I am using a small server I'm afraid that if could break if all of you guys would join it.

Did you used the facebook.jabber.hot-chilli.net or j2j.hot-chilli.net for the transport service?
    I tried it with xmpp.jabber.hot-chilli.net, facebook.jabber.hot-chilli.net and facebook.jabme.de.
    I used Adium for Mac OS X, maybe that makes the difference.. because Adium shows me the contact names only after a "show contact information". But then they stay. But they are not pulled in in Google Talk or my Pre 3. My Pre pulls in the pictures, but not the name. And in Google Contacts there is the -10000012345678\40chat.facebook.com@.. email and GTalk info only, no names. Do the names appear in Google Contacts for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeGee View Post
    Do the names appear in Google Contacts for you?
    Yes. Maybe it is a missing feature of Adium to retrieve the contact names.
    I'm sorry, I can only help with $ 10
    Before I doctored my Veer icq acoount worked well. I forgot to delete it before doctoring and maybe this was the reason why it refuses to connect now (login and pass both correct). Other icq account connects well.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    $10 from me as well.

Anyone know how to remove the "dead" accounts, like MSN. I tried the Accounys App and it just didn't delete anything... I suspect these dead accounts are somehow also glitching my Skype messaging
    Are any of you getting a lot of downtime lately, for those of you using the MSN workaround for the touchpad? I first used this method a month ago (using the jabber.at server), and was unable to see any msn contacts online a few days ago...then changed to the hot-chilli.net server which worked for a couple of days, but all of my contacts are offline today once again...
    jabme.de works fine for me