Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
  1. lm1
    Yes, a bit suboptimal but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by robvanvliet View Post
    Talking of which: has anyone tried this?

Generic Jabber (XMPP) with webOS - K's cluttered loft
    I'm trying to use that to connect to facebook chat (which is XMPP too), problem is the adress you have to use to connect is : username@chat.facebook.com, and as this address can't receive mail, you can't validate it on google, and so you can't create the account because validation fail..
    I tryed to change the adress in the DB with a sed (created an account with username@facebook.com that can receive mail, try to change all the occurence of this string with username@chat.facebook.com), but apparently webOS didn't like it ^^", and forced me to restore after reboot...
    Im trying to see if you can change the file to skip some validation step, at least on google accounts...

EDIT : And as it is 3h48 am in France, im probably going to sleep a little first...
    Quote Originally Posted by lm1 View Post
    Yes, a bit suboptimal but it works.
    Manage to make it work with MSN?
    @volcom45 :
    Can't make it work with this method with msn cause it's not the same protocol... Should wait for the new version of messaging plugin
    Ok ! Found how to make facebook chat work on WebOS 2.1 !
    I posted a tutorial over here :
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...bos-2-1-a.html

Have fun !
    Quote Originally Posted by gnomesgames View Post
    Ok ! Found how to make facebook chat work on WebOS 2.1 !
    I posted a tutorial over here :

Have fun !
    Where's the MSN tutorial? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by gnomesgames View Post
    @volcom45 :
    Can't make it work with this method with msn cause it's not the same protocol... Should wait for the new version of messaging plugin
    Actually MSN does use XMPP now.

Details on MSN’s XMPP server - ProcessOne
    http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_l...-via-xmpp.aspx
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I had a quick look, apparently it's not the standard XMPP connection method... So as we can't change the connection method by ourselves should be quite hard to connect using XMPP to MSN on WebOS.
    But, as libpurple and can connect to MSN, there is a way but you have to provide the connection interface (that what greg_roll is doing in it's plugin i assume )
    Just finished an update on my tutorial, works for 2.2.4 and 3.0.4 (TouchPad). But i can't change the title of the thread :s...
    Anyway, it's here :
    NuttyBunny please help us!!!!
    Ok, i looked a little into why the messaging plugin wasn't working on 2.2.4.
    So i installed the latest ipk from the post, modified the html files so i can add account, and added an msn account.
    I then try to launch imlibpurpletransport from /usr/bin/, but it didn't took my msn account into account (didn't appear at all in the logs, say everything is connected whereas MSN isn't).
    So i tryed to find the plugin libpurple. Its over there :
    Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/var/usr/sbin/org.webosinternals.imlibpurpletransport
    Tryed to launch it and :
    Code:
    [2011-12-31 02:09:10:590] [0x2aacf600] [notice] [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp]: org.webosinternals.imlibpurpletransport starting...

(process:4566): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-mantaray/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-131.2/131.2/src/transport.c:2433

(process:4566): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Invalid permissions for org.webosinternals.imlibpurple
    org.webosinternals.imlibpurpletransport: error opening -- luna-service: Invalid permissions for org.webosinternals.imlibpurple (/home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-mantaray/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-131.2/131.2/src/transport.c:2433)
    And the exec quit.

So everything seems to go well, until the system kill it because i guess it don't have the right to access messaging stuff...
    I search the binary for : "org.webosinternals.imlibpurpletransport", and tryed to remplace that by the one in the "official" libpurple : "com.palm.imlibpurpletransport"
    But as the string are not the same lenght i get a segfault.. I tried to add spaces at the end, no segfault, but string isn't correct either...

That as far as i got, if anyone as some ideas regarding that, or some other info you are more than welcome to share !
    If you like what i do, and can spare a few bucks, you can always
    I only got following messages - after patching and correcting the xml - when I'm trying to activate my ICQ account on Pre3 with WebOS 2.2.4 - german.
    Code:
    2012-01-02T09:54:03.102478Z [1605] webos-device user.err org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator[2529]: [org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator] ID's prpl-icq:org.webosinternals.messaging.icq
    2012-01-02T09:54:03.113586Z [1605] webos-device user.emerg hidd: AccelerometerUsdInputConvert: accel event: value: orient.up  
    2012-01-02T09:54:03.193542Z [1605] webos-device user.err org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator[2529]: [org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator] accountLoginFailed is called with error: 0. Text: Couldn't connect to host
    2012-01-02T09:54:03.194152Z [1605] webos-device user.err org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator[2529]: [org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator] returnValidateFailed error: -3141610 - Couldn't connect to host
    2012-01-02T09:54:03.227172Z [1606] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.messaging: Error: Couldn't connect to host     at Object.create (palmfoundationsVersion1_0:104:372)     at palmfoundationsVersion1_0:179:835     at Future.<anonymous> (palmfoundationsVersion1_0:129:246)     at dispatch (palmfoundationsVersion1_0:140:493), palmfoundationsVersion1_0:133
    2012-01-02T09:54:03.227355Z [1606] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.messaging: Error: Couldn't connect to host     at Object.create (palmfoundationsVersion1_0:104:372)     at palmfoundationsVersion1_0:179:835     at Future.<anonymous> (palmfoundationsVersion1_0:129:246)     at dispatch (palmfoundationsVersion1_0:140:493), palmfoundationsVersion1_0:133
    2012-01-02T09:54:03.228973Z [1606] webos-device user.notice org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator[2529]: [org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator] org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator stopping...
    2012-01-02T09:54:03.236145Z [1606] webos-device user.notice org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator[2529]: [org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator] org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator stopped.
    As I was getting out of patience, I would like to recommend those who would love to stay in touch with their IM buddies to connect their Google-account with Facebook/ICQ/MSN via XMPP transports. There are several reasons:
    • Merge your contacts in your Google adress book for the first and last time. As soon as you've got a buddy's IM ID's merged, you never have to put them back together once you doctor your device or having the chance/consider to buy a new webOS-device.
    • Facebook Chat is working way better than it ever did with former Messaging patches.
    • All your conversations with a person will be stored at one place - if you talk to a friend via Facebook with your Pre or via ICQ on Google Talk: Find your conversations at one place.

Here's what you have to do:
    1. Download the latest version of Gajim for your Desktop-OS
      Please note: Some clients (Adium and supposably Pidgin) are not able to retrieve the buddy names from Facebook. So in case you see transport addresses (e.g. 10000005432157\40chat.facebook.com@facebook.hot-chilli.net) instead of names on your contact list later, I'd recommend you to switch to Gajim this one time. If you were using another client, please tell us about your experience here.
    2. Sign out of Google Talk on all of your webOS devices if you're connected. Otherwise you get these masses of authorization requests on all of your devices.
    3. In Gajim, login with your Google-id (user@gmail.com + password)
    4. Go to the file menu, select Actions -> Discover Services
    5. At the address bar, type the address of a XMPP-server of choice which supports the network you would like to connect to, e.g. hot-chilli.net and click on "go". If you want to use the MSN, another server is recommended. Please try jabber.planetteamspeak.com for example.
    6. Select the network
    7. Click on 'register'
    8. In the popup-window, enter your login information for MSN or ICQ. For Facebook, enter your nickname@chat.facebook.com and click on 'OK'.
    9. Accept all the authorization requests for your buddies
    10. Go to your Google adressbook - you will see all your messenger buddies appearing in the list
    11. On top of the page, click 'More...' and 'Find & merge duplicates'. So all your contacts with the same name on different services are becoming one contacts. For the other ones, select both (or more) contacts you want to put into one, click on 'more' and select 'Merge contacts'
    12. Login with your webOS-device and stay in touch.

Sorry for grammar mistakes as I am not a native/professional English speaker.
    Last edited by HelmutsKohl; 01/16/2012 at 03:38 AM.
    On my pre 2 (2.2.4) there is no login or such button for the facebook chat option
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdroid View Post
    On my pre 2 (2.2.4) there is no login or such button for the facebook chat option
    It's a known issue, the messaging plugin doen't work on 2.x yet... And adding the button manually don't solve the problem.
    In the meantime if you really need Facebook chat, you can follow my tutorial over here to get it :
    Tutorial : How to get FaceBook Chat on WebOS 1.x, 2.x, 3.x
    If you like what i do, and can spare a few bucks, you can always
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutsKohl View Post
    As I was getting out of patience, I would like to recommend those who would love to stay in touch with their IM buddies to connect their Google-account with Facebook/ICQ/MSN via XMPP transports. There are several reasons:
    • Merge your contacts in your Google adress book for the first and last time. As soon as you've got a buddy's IM ID's merged, you never have to put them back together once you doctor your device or having the chance/consider to buy a new webOS-device.
    • Facebook Chat is working way better than it ever did with former Messaging patches.
    • All your conversations with a person will be stored at one place - if you talk to a friend via Facebook with your Pre or via ICQ on Google Talk: Find your conversations at one place.

Here's what you have to do:
    1. Download the latest version of Gajim for your Desktop-OS
    2. Login with your Google-id (user@gmail.com + password)
    3. Go to the file menu, select Actions -> Discover Services
    4. At the address bar, type the address of a XMPP-server of choice which supports the network you would like to connect to, e.g. hot-chilli.net and click on "go"
    5. Select the network
    6. Click on 'register'
    7. In the popup-window, enter your login information for MSN or ICQ. For Facebook, enter your nickname@chat.facebook.com and click on 'OK'.
    8. Accept all the authorization requests for your buddies
    9. Go to your Google adressbook - you will see all your messenger buddies appearing in the list
    10. On top of the page, click 'More...' and 'Find & merge duplicates'. So all your contacts with the same name on different services are becoming one contacts. For the other ones, select both (or more) contacts you want to put into one, click on 'more' and select 'Merge contacts'
    11. Login with your webOS-device and stay in touch.

Sorry for grammar mistakes as I am not a native/professional English speaker.
    Works, but a few words about this:

- Make sure you SIGN OUT of all Google Talk services on devices, otherwise you'll find yourself sweeping away multiple authorizations that you have already accepted on both your phone and tablet.
    - The search and merge does NOT work. Contacts come in with the transport domain appended (e.g. @jabber.msn.hot-chilli.net) and all @ became slash 40s. So Google merge does not work. If you insist on working with Synergy, you'll need to manually link the profiles together.
    - By extension, it does NOT work with JustType out of the box, because the contacts are synced as email addresses only. For them to work with JustType, you'll need to manually add names to the contacts.
    - I used Pidgin for this instead, and re-org'ed them into groups. These groups get synced via XMPP, so will mirror the groups on your device.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 01/02/2012 at 12:50 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Look what I found!

xda-developers - View Single Post - WhatsApp for other platforms (API)

keep it up Nutty!

I'd love to see both WhatsApp and Skype IM added to the Synergy Messaging Plugin!! Heres hoping.

Keep up the great work nutty.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Look what I found!

keep it up Nutty!

I'd love to see both WhatsApp and Skype IM added to the Synergy Messaging Plugin!! Heres hoping.

I thought you have a Pre 3? Isn't Skype already there?

But yeah Whatsapp support would be good. Maybe my iPhone and Android friends can finally shut up asking me if I have Whatsapp.

I'd love to see both WhatsApp and Skype IM added to the Synergy Messaging Plugin!!
    Skype is already part of webOS 2.2.x and I can only confirm messaging works great. Been using it a lot, on the phone it feels like super fast SMS texting
    Look what I found!

keep it up Nutty!

S/he stated clearly that there is no intention in open sourcing it or giving it without any financial outcome ...

I was working on the same exact thing. The only executables I had were for Android; so looking through that damn Devlok code was a nightmare. I put the progress on hold as I finish other stuff ...

I think I will revisit it now (:<