Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    If anyone with virgin devices can report, it would be great. I need:
    I just doctored my Pre 2 to WebOS 2.2.4 using the official WebOS doctor (Because for some reason I don't get it over the air), installed the messaging IPK (Via Preware), rebooted, added a Jabber account, login seems to work but there is no buddies tab.

If you need data for fixing this problem then please tell me what to execute on the command line and I send you the output if this helps.
    My apps: ScummVM | Destroids | Minimap
    My phone: Palm Pre 2, webOS 2.2.4, O˛ Germany
    try adding an im account of one of the default synergy accounts (e.g. skype, gtalk etc). i had a similar problem on pre3 and that fixed it
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    try adding an im account of one of the default synergy accounts (e.g. skype, gtalk etc). i had a similar problem on pre3 and that fixed it
    Who are you talkin to? You've gotten synergy accounts working on the Pre3 now?
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    If this was an answer to my post: Yes, this fixes the missing buddies tab but this means nothing because Jabber IM is still not working at all. I only see my Skype buddies then and switching between offline/online state also only affects my skype account. Looks like the Jabber account is completely ignored.
    No idea if this helps but I have attached an excerpt from my syslog which contains some error messages which may be related to the messaging problems on WebOS 2.2.4. I hope I have anonymized enough to be secure. If you find my password somewhere then please kill yourself
    Attached Files Attached Files
    mi fix is only for the missing buddies tab. Does not fix anything else, still not got the plugins to work
    Yep, it's confirmed, the messaging plugins are not working at all under webOS 2.2.4 or 3.0. The accounts get created but there's no way to log on to the accounts.
    I'm looking into it
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Three cheers for Nutty! (also thanks for skype on legacy devices, you should really "add" it to this Synergy Plugin by default)
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Thanks, greeat
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    What is the option to select invisible, as I get only 3 options.
    Green - Available
    Red - Busy
    No Fill - Offline (It Signs Me Out)

Can someone help me to get an answer if I can login in invisible / offline mode in Office Communicator using the Synergy Plugin
    Yep, it's confirmed, the messaging plugins are not working at all under webOS 2.2.4 or 3.0. The accounts get created but there's no way to log on to the accounts.
    I'm looking into it
    any update on this nutty?
    I corrected the file (>) as stated, but creating a facebook-chat account with jabber gives me the forever-spinning-wheel.
    I used
    Server Name: chat.facebook.com
    Server Port: 5222
    timeout: 45
    Seconds wait buddy list: 10
    TLS Server: 'Enable'
    Resource: Pidgin
    Accept Invalid cert: Yes

BTW. I earlier had the same problem not showing the Conversations/Buddies Tab.
    I completely shut down the phone and restarted. That did the trick for me!
    Oh, i have a Pre3 2.2.4 with a whole bunch of patches (sorry)
    Well...i played with my facebook settings (on my PC) and cleared all active sessions and connections. At least the Jabber/Facebook account is created and of course it doesn't show under the Buddies Tab like the rest of us. Ready for further testing ;-)
    any chance we will see whatsapp now?
    WhatsApp for other platforms (API) - xda-developers

whatsapp is the only thing preventing me to use my veer as a day to day phone.
    Strange thing: i uninstalled the Advanced System Messaging Patch because it did'nt work (yes i installed Framework too). There simply are no Alarm-bells next to the messaging accounts. After uninstalling my Google-talk account won't sign on any more. I can choose Available/Busy/Invisible and NOT Sign Off. Choosing for Available gives me the spinning wheel for 2 sec and then nothing. Re-installed the ASM-patch and voilá! Working again....
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    any chance we will see whatsapp now?
    WhatsApp for other platforms (API) - xda-developers

whatsapp is the only thing preventing me to use my veer as a day to day phone.
    Oh my...

Yes, quite a real possibility now!!!

Thanks for the heads-up!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Oh my...

Yes, quite a real possibility now!!!

Thanks for the heads-up!
    And remember, that WhatsApp is nothing else than another XMPP service.
    how can i setup whatsapp in my veer / webos 2.2.4?? please help me!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    And remember, that WhatsApp is nothing else than another XMPP service.
    Talking of which: has anyone tried this?

Generic Jabber (XMPP) with webOS - K's cluttered loft