Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1038
Like Tree163Likes
  1. #781  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Care to explain? I don't have 2.2.4 :P
    Well, while I did an EPR before installing the 2.2.4 update, the messaging plugin remained. I was pleased to see the large range of accounts available (with the addition of skype) but none of them allowed me to sign in. I deleted my Facebook account and re-added it but, as with my Pre3, the submit button for facebook chat doesn't exist in the account details view, and while it allowed me to add jabber details, that account doesn't show.

    I'll uninstall the plugin and re-install from preware to see if that makes a difference and report back.
  2. #782  
    Sorry I forgot that no one will have updated their patches and plugins for 2.2.4 yet so it didn't show up in Preware and I had to update from the opening post link and predictably it's the same as my Pre3.
  3. #783  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    Sorry I forgot that no one will have updated their patches and plugins for 2.2.4 yet so it didn't show up in Preware and I had to update from the opening post link and predictably it's the same as my Pre3.
    Please read the 2 last pages. We're experimenting with a fix, the original files had a typo which passed with no further issues in previous webOS versions, but apparently the newer webkit is not as forgiving and isn't showing the buttons. You need to edit a file and add a character.

    Please try and report back so I can repackage the thing

    Thanks!
  4. #784  
    Care to explain? I don't have 2.2.4 :P
    2.2.4 updates are starting to crop up for the Pre2 in Europe. Which means Verizon will push it out in June 2012.


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  5. #785  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Please read the 2 last pages. We're experimenting with a fix, the original files had a typo which passed with no further issues in previous webOS versions, but apparently the newer webkit is not as forgiving and isn't showing the buttons. You need to edit a file and add a character.

    Please try and report back so I can repackage the thing

    Thanks!
    I do apologise... RTFM!

    I've now made the necessary text changes, closing the div tag. However, while I can see the buttons and they seem to work on submit, the chat interface still doesn't show any of the accounts: i tried facebook, facebook through jabber, Live messenger and yahoo (the last wouldn't even let me log in). The situation was the same on both my pre3 and pre2 on 2.2.4

    sorry to deliver bad news :-(
  6. #786  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post

    sorry to deliver bad news :-(
    Actually it's good news, since you have an unpatched device I can now confirm that this issue affects both patched and unpatched ones. I'll have to look more into how the accounts get created, perhaps something is missing or different (funny thing it works on 2.1 tho).

    If anyone with virgin devices can report, it would be great. I need:

    Unpatched device (Pre2 2.2.4 or Pre3)
    Remove all messaging accounts
    Install the ipk, reboot
    Create a jabber/msn/office communicator or some account that uses the plugins
    Open messaging account.
    Does the Buddies tab appear?

    Thanks
  7. #787  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Actually it's good news, since you have an unpatched device I can now confirm that this issue affects both patched and unpatched ones. I'll have to look more into how the accounts get created, perhaps something is missing or different (funny thing it works on 2.1 tho).

    If anyone with virgin devices can report, it would be great. I need:

    Unpatched device (Pre2 2.2.4 or Pre3)
    Remove all messaging accounts
    Install the ipk, reboot
    Create a jabber/msn/office communicator or some account that uses the plugins
    Open messaging account.
    Does the Buddies tab appear?

    Thanks
    Oh good, well I contributed something.

    By the way, the buddies tab was there both before and after installing the plugin.

    The other odd thing, and I don't know if this helps, is that when I go online on the pre2 while it doesn't give me a choice of accounts to log on to, when I go to "Available" the button is only half green which I think indicates that not all of your accounts are active. I added a google chat account so I think that's the one it may be picking up. However, this doesn't happen on the pre3 - i have two google chat accounts there and when i'm signed on with both the available indicator is fully green even though i also have a jabber facebook account set up, though it won't allow me to select it

    hope that helps!
  8. #788  
    the whole part at the top (convo and buddies tab) was missing when i had tried to add the msn and fb accounts with default synergy account (aka skype/g-chat). patched pre3. also does anyone elses skype fail to log in if on wifi. uk pre3.
  9. #789  
    just realised, i meant *without* default synergy accounts. several hours late
  10. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #790  
    So the plugin doesn't work anymore if we update to 2.2.4?
  11. #791  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    So the plugin doesn't work anymore if we update to 2.2.4?
    No.
  12. #792  
    I did read as much as I could, but could not find an answer.

    Can I set my mode as Invisible in Chat using Synergy.

    Only Modes I see is Available, Busy and Offline

    Also I would like to know is there a way that my contacts from Synergy do not come in my Contact Lists.


    Sorry if its duplicated but I am new to Smart Phones, First Ever Smart Phone is My Veer.

    I tried to Google as much as I could but could not find a clear answer so thought of asking it finally.
  13. #793  
    I made the text change in the file you told us on my German Pre3.
    The Button to sign in appeared and i added an account for icq and facebook.
    I didnt make any changes in the options.
    Now, if i change my status to online there are just my Skype and googletalk buddies, not my facebook or icq buddies.
    My Device is Patched with ''Tweaks'' and the patches that work with tweaks.
    So how can i get it to load my contact list or is it just not possible at the moment?
    I read the last pages, but it appears to me that other Pre3 user doesnt have the problem with that buddy list.
  14. #794  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotenoeffner View Post
    I made the text change in the file you told us on my German Pre3.
    The Button to sign in appeared and i added an account for icq and facebook.
    I didnt make any changes in the options.
    Now, if i change my status to online there are just my Skype and googletalk buddies, not my facebook or icq buddies.
    My Device is Patched with ''Tweaks'' and the patches that work with tweaks.
    So how can i get it to load my contact list or is it just not possible at the moment?
    I read the last pages, but it appears to me that other Pre3 user doesnt have the problem with that buddy list.
    the changes only add the buttons for the pre3, but sign in still doesn't work. It will show signed in, but will fail to actually sign in
  15. mariosx's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #795  
    Don't know if this helps at all: windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2011/12/14/anyone-can-build-a-windows-live-messenger-client-with-open-standards-access-via-xmpp.aspx]Anyone can build a Messenger client
  16. #796  
    Will these news about MSN Messenger help with the pluggins?
    Windows Live Messenger adopts XMPP open instant messaging protocol | The Verge
  17. #797  
    Was anyone able yet to connect to the Live Messenger via XMPP? I've tried to use

    user@hotmail.com
    XMPP-Server: messenger.live.com
    Encryption: Forced SSL

    As far as I understand it's not possible to get in without SSL - so I am not sure if this can work on webOS.

    If it is possible I don't see any reason why you should not be able to manipulate the Facebook Chat Spoof patch to use Live/MSN Messenger. Correct me, but it seems to me that in this case you would have to choose between MSN or Facebook and there would be no and.

    Update:
    Quote Originally Posted by Microsoft
    We currently do not support or encourage non-Microsoft applications to collect user credentials.
    Source

    Here is a howto for developers to eventually fix this for the webOS Chat Spoof.
    Last edited by HelmutsKohl; 12/16/2011 at 09:27 AM.
  18. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #798  
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    I did read as much as I could, but could not find an answer.

    Can I set my mode as Invisible in Chat using Synergy.

    Only Modes I see is Available, Busy and Offline

    Also I would like to know is there a way that my contacts from Synergy do not come in my Contact Lists.


    Sorry if its duplicated but I am new to Smart Phones, First Ever Smart Phone is My Veer.

    I tried to Google as much as I could but could not find a clear answer so thought of asking it finally.
    I use Invisible all the time for the MSN with these Plugins.
    Generally, when you add an account you can choose what will be synced. For example in Google you can choose from Calendar, Contacts, Mail. However in Messaging I think that the contacts are synced.
  19. #799  
    On a Pre3 (French). Fixed the typo. I can now create and verify Facebook, Jabber, Live and Communicator, but none of the account actually connects. All do not connect when i go to the account's preferences.

    Looks to me as if the account settings are not properly stored after verification. BTW all of these accounts work properly with Empathy/libpurple on Ubuntu 11.10

    Rob
  20. #800  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I use Invisible all the time for the MSN with these Plugins.
    Generally, when you add an account you can choose what will be synced. For example in Google you can choose from Calendar, Contacts, Mail. However in Messaging I think that the contacts are synced.
    What is the option to select invisible, as I get only 3 options.
    Green - Available
    Red - Busy
    No Fill - Offline (It Signs Me Out)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions