Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    There, use facebook over jabber instead for the time being. Greg has already found the solution, it's just not in the packages yet.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    There, use facebook over jabber instead for the time being. Greg has already found the solution, it's just not in the packages yet.
    I apologize for the multiple questions but are you saying in pidgin I need to use jabber instead of xmpp and contacts will show up online?

Edit: I am not sure how to do that so I will use the chat patch until Greg repackages it. This is my first time using the plugins and I am totally impressed with it. It looks like a native solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I apologize for the multiple questions but are you saying in pidgin I need to use jabber instead of xmpp and contacts will show up online?

Edit: I am not sure how to do that so I will use the chat patch until Greg repackages it. This is my first time using the plugins and I am totally impressed with it. It looks like a native solution.
    Oh, come on, read the first post, there are the instructions for facebook over jabber

Also, XMMP=Jabber

If, in Pidgin, you use jabber with similar settings, you'll get your contacts to show online also.
    Oh, come on, read the first post, there are the instructions for facebook over jabber

Also, XMMP=Jabber

If, in Pidgin, you use jabber with similar settings, you'll get your contacts to show online also.
    I followed your instructions to the T from the first post. In Pidgin I don't see a jabber option. This is my first time using pidgin so I might be overlooking something very obvious to others and are you saying they will show on the Pre using the settings?

Edit: Thanks it looks like I got it working with your help. I didn't realize xmpp=jabber. That was the biggest thing I was missing.
    Last edited by mamouton; 03/19/2011 at 04:18 PM.
    I followed your instructions to the T from the first post. In Pidgin I don't see a jabber option. This is my first time using pidgin so I might be overlooking something very obvious to others and are you saying they will show on the Pre using the settings.
    Yeah, on Pidgin I think it's called XMMP, it's the same as jabber. In fact I got the configuration values from the facebook page (for Pidgin)
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I'm trying to create an MSN Live account and it is giving me "unable to authenticate: Authentication Failure" message. What's up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigid View Post
    I'm trying to create an MSN Live account and it is giving me "unable to authenticate: Authentication Failure" message. What's up?
    Sounds to me like a wrong username/password
    Are you using your full email to login (aasdsdcxz@hotmail.com) or whatever?

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Sounds to me like a wrong username/password
    Are you using your full email to login (aasdsdcxz@hotmail.com) or whatever?

Wow, you don't understand how stupid I feel right now :P

Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigid View Post
    Wow, you don't understand how stupid I feel right now :P

Thanks!!
    No prob, nobody saw a thing

Just thought I'd give an update here.

All names and icons have been working. Every so often someone will sign on that the phone hasn't pulled the data from yet and it'll be messed up for a minute, but it fixes itself. Earlier it wasn't sorting my buddies correctly. Offline users were sticking to the list, idle users were showing up in the non-idle part of the list, and names weren't sorting. I tried signing off, but that didn't exactly work as planned.. the buddies were still 'sticking' even though I was signed off. I rebooted hte phone and it's been working fine for a couple hours.

It's still a huge battery drain, like it was in 1.4.5. I wish there was a way to sign off of a specific account, instead of the sign off being linked to all my messenger accounts.

This is with FB chat (through jabber)
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    It's still a huge battery drain, like it was in 1.4.5. I wish there was a way to sign off of a specific account, instead of the sign off being linked to all my messenger accounts.

That would explain my dramatic battery drain. I have never used the plug in before and thought it was strange my battery died so quick today. With my Pre 2 and my other settings I had been getting great battery life. I need to find a workaround.
    Also, I seem to be having a problem. I'm not sure if it's specific to this patch or if it's more of a WebOS 2.1 issue. My buddies alias' are not being saved. When I reboot the phone, they're all gone. This is for AIM (native) and FB (this patch).
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

All names and icons have been working. Every so often someone will sign on that the phone hasn't pulled the data from yet and it'll be messed up for a minute, but it fixes itself. Earlier it wasn't sorting my buddies correctly. Offline users were sticking to the list, idle users were showing up in the non-idle part of the list, and names weren't sorting. I tried signing off, but that didn't exactly work as planned.. the buddies were still 'sticking' even though I was signed off. I rebooted hte phone and it's been working fine for a couple hours.

Have you tried going offline, then going to preferences/accounts, tapping on one of the accounts, giving the password and connecting?

Have you tried going offline, then going to preferences/accounts, tapping on one of the accounts, giving the password and connecting?
    Well, I just gave this a go:

I signed off. Buddies were sticking, i.e. showing grey dot while I'm signed off instead of showing nothing. Opened prefs/accts and tapped jabber. Entered my password, and it oddly said Connection Failed. Kind of a bummer, was hoping to be able to sign into just that one account. Then, I backed out of the prefs screen, and, contact list was empty! Nice. I was then able to login to both my aim and fb account. So this is a potential workaround if your contact list is acting strange.

I'm still having the issue where alias's are not sticking after reboot. I'm afraid to do a reboot now.

I'm also having an issue where the contact names and pictures are taking forever to load. They don't just change in a minute, it takes like a half an hour.

This isn't much of a problem on AIM because there's only about 13 contacts that ever go on. But on FB, there's a potential for 60 - 100 on at *rush hour* (6p - 9p). This could be a huge issue down the road.

Well, I just gave this a go:

I signed off. Buddies were sticking, i.e. showing grey dot while I'm signed off instead of showing nothing. Opened prefs/accts and tapped jabber. Entered my password, and it oddly said Connection Failed. Kind of a bummer, was hoping to be able to sign into just that one account. Then, I backed out of the prefs screen, and, contact list was empty! Nice. I was then able to login to both my aim and fb account. So this is a potential workaround if your contact list is acting strange.

I'm still having the issue where alias's are not sticking after reboot. I'm afraid to do a reboot now.

I'm also having an issue where the contact names and pictures are taking forever to load. They don't just change in a minute, it takes like a half an hour.

This isn't much of a problem on AIM because there's only about 13 contacts that ever go on. But on FB, there's a potential for 60 - 100 on at *rush hour* (6p - 9p). This could be a huge issue down the road.
    Well, you could always disable the avatars, I do

Also, I seem to be having a problem. I'm not sure if it's specific to this patch or if it's more of a WebOS 2.1 issue. My buddies alias' are not being saved. When I reboot the phone, they're all gone. This is for AIM (native) and FB (this patch).
    I think it's 2.1 specific, it happens in gtalk (native) also

I think it's 2.1 specific, it happens in gtalk (native) also
    nnnnnNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's terrible news.

nnnnnNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's terrible news.

Indeed, but I've seen it happen countless times on my Pre, my gtalk contacts start as email addresses and after a while they "transform" into contacts/names, and only then I can interact with them

When I tried the office communicator the first time it worked well, I could see my groups and contacts that were online ... after I switch from wi-fi to 3g the tool stop showing me who is online ... but I'm still logged in and people can send me messages. Any Idea how to solve this problem?

That would explain my dramatic battery drain. I have never used the plug in before and thought it was strange my battery died so quick today. With my Pre 2 and my other settings I had been getting great battery life. I need to find a workaround.
    Well as it happens, in the near future, advanced system prefs messaging patch (hopefully in the next release already) will add the possibility to set online/offline status per account. Which means that also MS 2.0 will be able to control per account the online status. =)
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast