Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    I love you
    yew, I want to use the Communicator on my Pre2, Pre and Veer too. But how must it be configured?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Being an employee of HP, Please forward your concern to he actually webOS department at HP that there is an internal request for more messaging synergy options in webOS.

Hopefully HP will take this source code, and will implement it into an update of webOS.
    Hello Greg,

I use an HP Palm Veer 4G and have installed this plugin successfully. My main purpose of using this plugin is Office Communicator. I filled all the values perfectly as per my knowledge, Enabled PLS and set the port to 443 (I set the server to sip.(company name).com which didnt work either). When i try to connect i get an error "SSL read error", i contacted my company IT(administrator) and they say the OCS is working fine and there are no issues from there end. Please help.
    OCS - Pidgin tries to resolve several addresses until it reaches one of them. To connect via TLS, Pidgin uses SSL port (443), so, if you need to enable TLS on Office Communicator, you may need to change the port to 443, otherwise you'll get a nasty TLS read error. (Credit NuttyBunny)

Hello Greg,

I use an HP Palm Veer 4G and have installed this plugin successfully. My main purpose of using this plugin is Office Communicator. I filled all the values perfectly as per my knowledge, Enabled PLS and set the port to 443 (I set the server to sip.(company name).com which didnt work either). When i try to connect i get an error "SSL read error", i contacted my company IT(administrator) and they say the OCS is working fine and there are no issues from there end. Please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scholle3000 View Post
    Hi 08gt500,

look here: "Link"only reachable from HP Network. Testet the configuration on my Pre2 and works perfect. After frist connection you will have a new Buddies entry in the Office Communicator on your HP Client. Now drag and drop your colleagues to the Buddies section and they will appear on your Pre. Unfortunately the 3.06 release will not work with the Pre3 because there is no more a connection button for login .
    Hi Scholle,
    I am in HP network and the link is'nt working. Any suggestions?
    Thanks and Regards,

Karthik M
    Quote Originally Posted by carthikm View Post
    Hi Scholle,
    I am in HP network and the link is'nt working. Any suggestions?
    Hi carthikm, the link with the whole information is working I just tested it (14:50 MEZ +1).
    - On the HPedia side is a section called Palm Pre
    - Go to the section with the 10 points and follow the instruction

Actually I'm in the office and the Pre2 is at home. I will try to reconfigure the Pre2 in the afternoon and will post my results again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scholle3000 View Post
    Hi carthikm, the link with the whole information is working I just tested it (14:50 MEZ +1).
    - On the HPedia side is a section called Palm Pre
    - Go to the section with the 10 points and follow the instruction

Actually I'm in the office and the Pre2 is at home. I will try to reconfigure the Pre2 in the afternoon and will post my results again.
    Any thoughts on why I am able to create the Office Communicator messaging app (Before following the instructions on the HP Internal link, I could not even create it) but when ren the plugin and I go to log in (using my Domain login as the password) that I keep getting "Connection Failed"?

This is bugging the cr*p out of me as this would be very useful.

Thanks
    Ok my HP colleagues,

I just tested the setup routine as descriped on the HPedia site once more. I done it exactly as described on the side - it worked immediatelly.
    - I see red dots with people still busy but also the green one
    - Next I did a logoff/logon but also no problem occurred

Perhaps important:
    - I'm an "emea" employee
    - I have a German Pre2 ... no I have two German Pre2 (both worked with OC )
    - I have the worldwide "HP Pushmail" subscription assigned <- perhaps this is the key?
    Quote Originally Posted by carthikm View Post
    Hello Greg,

Greg stopped development of this months ago.

Nuttybutty picked it up (allegedly...)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Greg stopped development of this months ago.

Nuttybutty picked it up (allegedly...)
    NuttyBunny tweeted me a few days ago saying he planned to have the Pre3 version working within a week. Let's hope he can come through with this..
    rmausser likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 08gt500 View Post
    Any thoughts on why I am able to create the Office Communicator messaging app (Before following the instructions on the HP Internal link, I could not even create it) but when ren the plugin and I go to log in (using my Domain login as the password) that I keep getting "Connection Failed"?

This is bugging the cr*p out of me as this would be very useful.

Thanks
    Are you logged into Communicator anywhere else?
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris_silvertree View Post
    Are you logged into Communicator anywhere else?
    Appreciate all the help folks. No, I'm not logged into Communicator anywhere else. THe plugin installs following the instructions (I could not get the working before), but when I go to login, I geem getting that blasted Connection Failed message. I'm an Americas employee.

I'm not sure what "HP Pushmail" is, so perhaps that is it.
    Ok so an update on my OCS experience. I was able to access my company's OCS the first time I configured the plugin. However, when I tried to re-login later -- those settings seem to be lost (I can't go back and re-edit them). I cannot connect. So, it seems the values are not being kept persistent within the Messaging Plugin.
    Additional troubleshooting (and I did sign out of all other OCS sessions):

I've deleted the OCS account and tried to recreated it. Now I get the following error message (before I have the option to Create).

Login Failed: Invalid Messaging Signature Received (or something to that effect)

If I acknowledge this error and attempt to sign in -- it will take me to the next step to create the actual account on the Pre 2. But beyond that -- it will not connect (you will get a Connection Failed).

The other interesting thing I noticed was that the Account Name says SIPE (this is why I was suspicious that perhaps the settings weren't being kept persistently or being clobbered since that is a field you can edit during the setup process).

Also -- if I try to do this again (i.e. remove the account then recreate it) -- I can get all the way to the Create account but will not be able to connect.

Finally -- if I remove the plugin via Preware and restart the Pre2 and then reinstall, I can create the account -- but it tells me Connection Failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 08gt500 View Post
    I'm not sure what "HP Pushmail" is, so perhaps that is it.
    With HP Pushmail you have the ability to map your HP IMAP Exchange Account to the Pre. If this isn't possible you don't have the HP Pushmail subscription activated. You can order via HP intranet but your manager has to approve it .
    Hey NuttyBunny, any new progress on the plugins working for Pre 3 and Touchpad?
    With regards to WebOS 2.1. Here's an update: For giggles and grins, I tried to launch my OCS on my Pre2. TO my surprised -- it put me in as available and I was even able to chat with a few of my colleagues. I will continue to test -- but that shoots down the idea that my settings are not being kept persistent. Perhaps it was the OCS servers themselves.

One thing I did notice was that sometimes when I initiate an IM (a new card) on my phone -- the responder will come in another card. I have had IM conversations all on one card -- but on occasion I do experience separate cards.
    Hey NuttyBunny, any new progress on the plugins working for Pre 3 and Touchpad?
    Or is there a way to manually enter an account via terminal in WQI? Could this be a quick bypass of the need to have the button on accounts already supported by the plugins?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    NuttyBunny tweeted me a few days ago saying he planned to have the Pre3 version working within a week. Let's hope he can come through with this..
    Is there any way we can help encourage NuttyBunny at this point? The link at the top of this thread is still for Greg. It would probably actually be best to start a new thread and link it from the first post here in order to avoid confusion about who is currently maintaining the app, but I'm not sure who can do that, other than Greg, since it's his post.
    I did go ahead and buy NuttyBunny's PhotoFun app for the TouchPad since it seemed like... fun. Hopefully that app is doing well.
    man I want this so bad...

all I want for christmas
    allen832008 and Vistaus like this.