Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    Haven't followed this for a while... any updates on the Pre 3 version?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aia832003 View Post
    How are the notifications? Last time I tried it about a month ago, it was lacking greatly in that area. Specifically with vibrate.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    It vibrates when there's a new msg, but only a really short vibrate just like the one from the native text app... The sound notification is the only thing lacking as it only makes a system sound (like the one the phone makes when you press a number on the dial pad)

The messaging pluggins are way better but until they are usable this app does the job really well since its update...
    Hi folks,

I was happily using the messaging plugin until recently the xfire plugin refused to work. I can't login anymore and also removing the xfire account and readd it with increased version info doesn't help.
    Any hints for me?

Regards,
    adar
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Everyone,

You might want to take another look at Mundu if you haven't already. The original version was pretty bad. However the latest update works really well. It connects and stays connected to all of the protocols supported including MSN.
    True, but from the screenshots it looks not that integrated to me. Plus it's a paid app. I'm not against paying, but I prefer free plugin that's well integrated over a paid app that's less integrated.

10$ here also for whoever gets it to work on Pre 3/TP (especially Windows Live/MSN and FB).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    True, but from the screenshots it looks not that integrated to me. Plus it's a paid app. I'm not against paying, but I prefer free plugin that's well integrated over a paid app that's less integrated.

10$ here also for whoever gets it to work on Pre 3/TP (especially Windows Live/MSN and FB).
    I concur, integration/synergy is great and I like free too. FWIW, I donated more money to Greg than it would have cost me to buy several im apps I just wanted to point out a different alternative. Options are always nice.
    Hey guys, until we get this working I made an HD hack for the messaging app Mundu IM, which has MSN and Facebook Chat. Its $3 in the app catalog. My patch simply makes it fullscreen.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3245312
    peterlemonjello likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Hey guys, until we get this working I made an HD hack for the messaging app Mundu IM, which has MSN and Facebook Chat. Its $3 in the app catalog. My patch simply makes it fullscreen.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3245312
    @rmmauser
    Will this work to fill the screen on the Pre 3 as well?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Vistaus likes this.
    Does mundu work with moc , Microsoft office communicator

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    Does mundu work with moc , Microsoft office communicator

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    no
    crap, is this project dead?

Common, the only thing this needs to work on the Pre3 are some "Submit" button at the bottom of adding an account.

Should take like 10 minutes to code.
    ...maybe someone should bribe w/ a higher amount; just for the laughs. I guess something that could be sold in the catalog (a.k.a. a self-contained app instead of fixes to the OS and it's components) are of more importance to the "community".
    Hello, NuttyBunny.
    About Pre3 problem. There is a little mistake in scene template html in one div closing tag and so bottom buttons got in loc_AccountSetupGroup div and are not showing in accounts that dont't have it enabled.
    It really doesn't solve permission problems nor it solves SSL connection problems but at least account adding scene works like it should.
    --
    Code to live, live to ride, ride to the end...
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    [Patch]3rd party photo synergy enabler.
    Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys
    Quote Originally Posted by Compvir View Post
    Hello, NuttyBunny.
    About Pre3 problem. There is a little mistake in scene template html in one div closing tag and so bottom buttons got in loc_AccountSetupGroup div and are not showing in accounts that dont't have it enabled.
    It really doesn't solve permission problems nor it solves SSL connection problems but at least account adding scene works like it should.
    Can you please fix this and reipk package it?

This is an open source project, you have every right to.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    This is an open source project, you have every right to.
    Where do I find the source code, please?
    HP Employee here, and I've been beating my brains out trying to figure out the config parms to get Communicator working on my Palm Pre 2. Install went perfectly, but can't get it to configured and working yet.

Are there any other HP employees that have managed to get Communicator working? If so, I'd greatly appreciate knowing the config parms you used.

Thanks much!
  16. g7
    Quote Originally Posted by bellonsn View Post
    Where do I find the source code, please?
    git.webos-internals.org/applications/messaging-plugins/

(you should use git to download)

I tried compiling with the latest pidgin version but didn't succeed.
    Hi 08gt500,

look here: http://hpedia.hp.com/index.php/MOC only reachable from HP Network. Testet the configuration on my Pre2 and works perfect. After frist connection you will have a new Buddies entry in the Office Communicator on your HP Client. Now drag and drop your colleagues to the Buddies section and they will appear on your Pre. Unfortunately the 3.06 release will not work with the Pre3 because there is no more a connection button for login .
    Being an employee of HP, Please forward your concern to he actually webOS department at HP that there is an internal request for more messaging synergy options in webOS.

Hopefully HP will take this source code, and will implement it into an update of webOS.

Quote Originally Posted by 08gt500 View Post
    HP Employee here, and I've been beating my brains out trying to figure out the config parms to get Communicator working on my Palm Pre 2. Install went perfectly, but can't get it to configured and working yet.

Are there any other HP employees that have managed to get Communicator working? If so, I'd greatly appreciate knowing the config parms you used.

Thanks much!
    I'm having some wonkyness with Sametime where it is integrated with AD. I've got a standard Notes contact list to send messages, but when I receive messages, they're coming from an AD name that appears to be offline, so I've basically hvae to have 2 cards open to have a conversation - one for incoming and one for outgoing messages.

Any thoughts?
    Morning Scholle3000,

Thanks much. I was able to create the account using those instructions. After entering all the parms and selecting "Sign In", a "Office Communicator" Account was created. But when I select "Office Communicator" I am unable to Sign In.

When I select "Office Communicator", a dialog opens up with "SIPE" as the Account name, my proper email address in there and a password field. I enter my Domain password in the Password field, select Sign In, and consistently receive a "Connection Failed" message (regardless of if I put in my correct Domain password or not).

I've removed and re-added the account twice with the same results.

Any ideas (my ** Login in Peoplefinder is skhei if IMing direct would be quicker)?
    Last edited by 08gt500; 11/28/2011 at 07:04 AM.