Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flaep View Post
    :1
    *patiently hitting F5*
    goto :1
    *F5's a little more erratically*

MSN integrated nicely on the Touchpad would be amazing
    I installed this plugin and MSN worked perfectly until I added another AOL account. I can no longer log in my MSN. Every time I sign in (change the status "offline" to "online"), the status still remains "offline" and no contact shows, although at the same time the MSN at my computer disconnects.
    I tried several ways or the combination of several ways to get it working again, like
    1) remove AOL account;
    2) remove MSN account;
    3) remove the plugging;
    4) re-install the plugging;
    5) erase my data;
    6) doctor the system;
    7) use a different palm profile.

I tried all of the above, but still could get it working again. I saw the first page of thread and there's a trouble shoot:
    "Root to your device and run
    sh /media/internal/DebugMP_Login.sh
    Try to login and account and watch the output."

Sorry, I am new to webos and I dunt know how to root and run. Can anyone tell?

Thank you.

Edit: Problem solved after switching to another wifi-spot. Dunt know why. However, it would still be nice to know how to root & debug
    Last edited by aukei; 10/03/2011 at 07:38 PM.
    Hallo.

i am realy looking forward to having jabber on my touchpad.
    Do you have an account on wich you will accept donations?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faust7th View Post
    you have an account on wich you will accept donations?
    x2
    ???
    I installed this plugin and MSN worked perfectly until I added another AOL account. I can no longer log in my MSN. Every time I sign in (change the status "offline" to "online"), the status still remains "offline" and no contact shows, although at the same time the MSN at my computer disconnects.
    I tried several ways or the combination of several ways to get it working again, like
    1) remove AOL account;
    2) remove MSN account;
    3) remove the plugging;
    4) re-install the plugging;
    5) erase my data;
    6) doctor the system;
    7) use a different palm profile.

I tried all of the above, but still could get it working again. I saw the first page of thread and there's a trouble shoot:
    "Root to your device and run
    sh /media/internal/DebugMP_Login.sh
    Try to login and account and watch the output."

Sorry, I am new to webos and I dunt know how to root and run. Can anyone tell?

Thank you.

Edit: Problem solved after switching to another wifi-spot. Dunt know why. However, it would still be nice to know how to root & debug
    heh, in fact I had this very same problem for quite some time with jabber until I upgraded my access point firmware :-)

By "root to your device" we mean:
    1. Enable developer mode (you know how to this since you installed the plugins)
    2. Run novaterm on your computer
    3. Execute the mentioned commands

That command will create files inside the DebugMP folder in your usb drive

Btw, if anyone wants to know, cesar.negrete at gmail is my email addy :-)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertLauert View Post
    I really looked throu the whole thread but could not find an answer.

So I installed this Plugin to my HP Pre 3. No Errors. When I try to add an account there is no bloody "Add Account"-Button. Why is that? Is it only me? I reinstalled it and restarted my phone several times.

Thank you!
    I'm getting the same.
    I have the same issue on some of the account types, but not all of them. p.ex. I could add an Jabber account but at the Facebook Chat account there is no Add button. BTW: the Facebook over Jabber thing doesn't log in for me, with or without TLS - I'm offline and don't even get the buddy list.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    somewhere in the thread it says that the pre3 and TP versions are not ready yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by eny2002 View Post
    somewhere in the thread it says that the pre3 and TP versions are not ready yet...
    Yes, and as i already said it's not just a problem with the "add" button, even with a modification of the file top make it appear, added accounts don't work (tried MSN and facebook)
    Hi there, first time I'm posting here since I just got a TouchPad yesterday. Short story is: I love it. I wish I took advantage of webOS sooner and hope it gets picked up by another company and continued.

Could anybody tell me what the status of this plugin is for the TouchPad? Not being able to use Facebook Chat or MSN Messenger is quite frustrating. I'd love to be able to use them in the messaging app alongside my Skype contacts!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderRodriguez View Post
    Hi there, first time I'm posting here since I just got a TouchPad yesterday. Short story is: I love it. I wish I took advantage of webOS sooner and hope it gets picked up by another company and continued.

Could anybody tell me what the status of this plugin is for the TouchPad? Not being able to use Facebook Chat or MSN Messenger is quite frustrating. I'd love to be able to use them in the messaging app alongside my Skype contacts!
    Yes this is definitely one of the major missing pieces to webos/TP. I tried looking into it myself awhile back however I couldn't quite figure it out. I'd like to see a separate plugin for each protocol like how Palm likely intended rather then an entire replacement. However the problem is Palms synergy documentation is severely lacking.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    NuttyBunny, are you still working on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    NuttyBunny, are you still working on this?
    Nobody follows me on twitter? :-(

I should get my pre3 this week (next tops), and I'll continue.

@cesarneg btw ;-)
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Excuse me.

I didn't see that the Touchpad version of the IM clients were done. Did i miss the post? I'm looking for Yahoo on the Touchpad to be exact as my wifes laptop just died.
    Last edited by Major Payne; 10/11/2011 at 12:16 PM.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    In the meantime i configured via gmail account and a jabber msn forwarding service to chat with msn buddies.
    Quote Originally Posted by migu_be View Post
    In the meantime i configured via gmail account and a jabber msn forwarding service to chat with msn buddies.
    Can you give me some instructions on how you did that? I'd love to give that a try!
    Okiedo so installed pidgin portzble on my pc configured gmail account. Tools/plugins enabled xmpp service discovery. Launched the xmpp service discovery on jabber forwarding server like jabber.belnet.be . Registered msn account there and it added all my msn contacts to gmail chat. Something like that .
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Nobody follows me on twitter? :-(

I should get my pre3 this week (next tops), and I'll continue.

@cesarneg btw ;-)
    Well... there ARE people out there who refuse to use social networking sites... I don't have Twitter nor Failbook.
    rlh likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by migu_be View Post
    Okiedo so installed pidgin portzble on my pc configured gmail account. Tools/plugins enabled xmpp service discovery. Launched the xmpp service discovery on jabber forwarding server like jabber.belnet.be . Registered msn account there and it added all my msn contacts to gmail chat. Something like that .
    I'm with you until this step: Launched the xmpp service discovery on jabber forwarding server like jabber.belnet.be

I connect to my Gmail account, then launch xmpp service discovery, I then paste jabber.belnet.be in the browse discovery box, and hit find servicse, but it says server does not support service discovery. Am I needing to add my MSN account first? or you saying to add a jabber account before discovery?
    Thanks,

Edit: Ok, I've figured out how to do it, I just can't seem to find a US server that has an MSN transport.. will keep searching.. Thanks.
    Last edited by volcom45; 10/11/2011 at 03:38 PM.