webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > Synergy Messaging Plugins (WebOS 2.X)
Synergy Messaging Plugins (WebOS 2.X)
Like Tree163Likes

Old 03/19/2011, 11:55 AM   #41 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Great work!
One suggestion: Please remove the Google translated language files...
pcworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2011, 12:08 PM   #42 (permalink)

Installed, got Right from preware, the downloading and installing. I just cant get the aol messaging to work (Still can get the old one to work) and myspace and the yahoo messager to work(same the old one works)
kolba6995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2011, 12:10 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
Nop, using webOS QuickInstall 4, I'll try it with Preware.

By the way, there's a bug with the spanish translation, the accents are shown as squares.
Preware is the supported method as mentioned in the first post (and twice in the thread)

The accents may get fixed using HTML entity codes in the source, I'll do a couple of tests and email Greg about it

Yes, HTML entity codes fixes it, sending Greg a PM... also with correct translations

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg

Last edited by NuttyBunny; 03/19/2011 at 12:34 PM.
NuttyBunny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2011, 12:18 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
Preware is the supported method as mentioned in the first post (and twice in the thread)

The accents may get fixed using HTML entity codes in the source, I'll do a couple of tests and email Greg about it
That's right, now it all works fine after I installed it with Preware.
alvaro_qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2011, 12:52 PM   #45 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Using Facebook over XMPP doesn't work for me (in Pidgin on my PC no problem).
In the debug output there are lots of XML parsing errors and others, like:
Code:
XML parser error for JabberStream 0xb7a28: Domain 1, code 5, level 3: Extra content at the end of the document
The log files contain lots of personal data, otherwise I would upload it. If you need more debug output I'll remove the personal data and upload it.

Edit: Works now. I don't know why, but it works...
Old 03/19/2011, 01:11 PM   #46 (permalink)

This might not be the right place for this but I searched and couldn't find an answer. What is Office Communicator I come up with a Lynx 2010 when I search for that?

Facebook Chat wouldn't login with my @chat.facebook.com ending I just used my username without the @chat.facebook.com and it worked.

Browser Mega Mix|Email Mega Mix|Additional Sync Days|
Disable Various Phone Sounds|Priority Discard Buttons|

Last edited by mamouton; 03/19/2011 at 01:18 PM.
mamouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2011, 01:22 PM   #47 (permalink)

Bugreport:
German "umlaute" get displayed as squares in the Config Menu of the Plugins.

Will the be split up again in the future? into individual packages for the different Plugins or as one big plugin like right now.

PS: why is there a pixi package available? there is no 2.X for pixi available or did this change?
Sonic-NKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2011, 01:23 PM   #48 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
Bugreport:
Another suggestion: Remove all Google translated language files.
Better English than Google-languages!
Old 03/19/2011, 01:25 PM   #49 (permalink)

Or just ask for a proper translation, would love to help
Sonic-NKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2011, 01:43 PM   #50 (permalink)

Thanks for your work again!

Facebook is not working at the moment, it's always been a question of luck on 1.4.5, maybe the same now. But ICQ works fine
HelmutsKohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2011, 01:52 PM   #51 (permalink)

I was able to get my facebook chat and contacts to show up using the facebook chat spoof. It now works like it used to work in 1.4.5. Thanks!

Using the facebook chat it would login but my contacts would not show up as online or at all in the messaging app. Nuttybunny's question about other platforms prompted me to try the old way. At first it wouldn't work said invalid account I applied Jason and Robin's facebook chat spoof and it works perfect, at first numbers for accounts came up but that changed to the actual user in about a minute.

Old 03/19/2011, 02:31 PM   #52 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Two things that are annoying in the contacts app, would be really nice if you could fix this:
The (nick)name of an IM buddy is in the contact app not shown as the real name but as nick name. Most of my buddies are named with their real name. That causes the contacts app to mistake the first name for the family name - so the messaging contacts are shown in the wrong order (in the contacts app).
In Jabber accounts the jabber address (example@jabber.com) is also shown as the e-mail address in the contacts app. That's senseless since a jabber address is no e-mail address.

Again, thanks for making this great plugins - I'm looking forward for future updates!
Old 03/19/2011, 03:24 PM   #53 (permalink)

Yippie...Damn I pick today to sleep in, then I see the tweet from webosinternals and damn I need to d/l that...I did! I have logged into MSN and sent messeages back and forth! Great job Greg. Test more later!

CaliMark
Mark Reed
CaliMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2011, 03:42 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
This might not be the right place for this but I searched and couldn't find an answer. What is Office Communicator I come up with a Lynx 2010 when I search for that?
It's a msn messenger lookalike that works with Microsoft Exchange Server, used by lots of companies, and always a welcome addition, it uses a protocol similar to SIP (but in this case we only have text messages).

Quote:
Facebook Chat wouldn't login with my @chat.facebook.com ending I just used my username without the @chat.facebook.com and it worked.
mmm... good to know, it works here also, but I still don't see my buddy list, it's because of the bug Greg found

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Old 03/19/2011, 03:43 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Bugreport:
Yes, I already know how to fix it, I may fix the files and send them to Greg for packaging as it also affects other languages

Quote:
Will the be split up again in the future? into individual packages for the different Plugins or as one big plugin like right now.

PS: why is there a pixi package available? there is no 2.X for pixi available or did this change?
I think we should forget about the pixi version, I don't think it will install, and even if it installs I don't think it will work, the messaging part changed a lot between 1.x and 2.x

Old 03/19/2011, 03:45 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
I was able to get my facebook chat and contacts to show up using the facebook chat spoof. It now works like it used to work in 1.4.5. Thanks!

Using the facebook chat it would login but my contacts would not show up as online or at all in the messaging app. Nuttybunny's question about other platforms prompted me to try the old way. At first it wouldn't work said invalid account I applied Jason and Robin's facebook chat spoof and it works perfect, at first numbers for accounts came up but that changed to the actual user in about a minute.
In fact, the facebook chat spoof is nothing more than using facebook over jabber, you should try that instead

Old 03/19/2011, 03:49 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
It's a msn messenger lookalike that works with Microsoft Exchange Server, used by lots of companies, and always a welcome addition, it uses a protocol similar to SIP (but in this case we only have text messages).

mmm... good to know, it works here also, but I still don't see my buddy list, it's because of the bug Greg found
So I am clear were you able to login to the facebook chat plugin with your username@chat.facebook.com each time I tried I kept getting an invalid username and/or password when I tried it without I could log in but not see who was online.

As soon as I applied the patch I mentioned my buddy lists showed up first as numbers and then as the actual name. I see my buddy list in message app I had to switch from available to offline and back to available again.

Old 03/19/2011, 03:49 PM   #58 (permalink)

Installed logged into facebook chat but none of my friends are showing up online or offline? What should I do?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
DrGonzo6o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2011, 03:51 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
In fact, the facebook chat spoof is nothing more than using facebook over jabber, you should try that instead
That is how it is originally setup using the PSI program. I belive the spoof adds the correct ip address to the host file but I might be mistaken. Anyway it now works thanks to Greg's plugin, before this I couldn't get it to work at all.

Old 03/19/2011, 03:52 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
So I am clear were you able to login to the facebook chat plugin with your username@chat.facebook.com each time I tried I kept getting an invalid username and/or password when I tried it without I could log in but not see who was online.

As soon as I applied the patch I mentioned my buddy lists showed up first as numbers and then as the actual name. I see my buddy list in message app I had to switch from available to offline and back to available again.
It takes some time to get all the names and to "synergize" them... even with that there's another bug, you'll end with duplicate contacts, they're not merging properly, at least in jabber/facebook chat

Tags
messaging plugins, office communicator, synergy

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0