Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    Kevin, You are not the only one with the issue with OCS contact status. It's a known issue and we are still waiting for an update. see my post #180
    Has anyone gotten MSN Live plugin working on the TouchPad? If so, please let me know what you did. Thanks.

My experience: The plugins install fine on TouchPad through Preware, and even show up when you go to add an account, but if you try to add any of them, you just get stuck on a plain white background screen that does nothing indefinitely. I also am now seeing my MSN Live account and Facebook account I had before on my phone as though its installed but its complaining it needs its credentials entered and if I tap on either one of them, I again get this plain white screen of nothing..
    Last edited by volcom45; 08/08/2011 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Has anyone gotten MSN Live plugin working on the TouchPad? If so, please let me know what you did. Thanks.

My experience: The plugins install fine on TouchPad through Preware, and even show up when you go to add an account, but if you try to add any of them, you just get stuck on a plain white background screen that does nothing indefinitely. I also am now seeing my MSN Live account and Facebook account I had before on my phone as though its installed but its complaining it needs its credentials entered and if I tap on either one of them, I again get this plain white screen of nothing..
    I am curious if you ever get this working.

I am addicted to Live Messenger... my company uses Office Communicator. I've actually thought about writing the plug-in myself... but I have not performed that type of development work in a long time!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volvocowboy View Post
    I am curious if you ever get this working.

I am addicted to Live Messenger... my company uses Office Communicator. I've actually thought about writing the plug-in myself... but I have not performed that type of development work in a long time!
    Live Messenger support on the TouchPad is also of great interest to me. My company and many of my customers use LM or Office Communicator as the primary IM platform. In addition to watching for the adaptation of the plugin here, I also submitted a feature request to HP for LM/OC support in the native Messaging app. They acknowledged the need but I expect the plugin from this community will come much sooner.
    i would also like this for the touchpad i had these plugin's on my pre- and it was great.
    Refactoring the config pages to make all this work with the Touchpad is highly relevant to my interests. I'm willing to chip in a modest donation to encourage it to happen sooner rather than later...
    Quote Originally Posted by schro View Post
    Refactoring the config pages to make all this work with the Touchpad is highly relevant to my interests. I'm willing to chip in a modest donation to encourage it to happen sooner rather than later...
    Same here, NuttyBunny, want to set a Kitty/Bounty that it would take you to look at TouchPad friendly plugins?
    Last edited by volcom45; 08/12/2011 at 12:12 PM.
    Are these plug-ins on a permanent freeze? I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but it would be nice to know what the current status is.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Are these plug-ins on a permanent freeze? I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but it would be nice to know what the current status is.
    Gregroll, the original developer of them "retired" and handed the project over to NuttyBunny who had been assisting him on the side before. As far as I know, NuttyBunny is still playing around with them, not freezing them. I asked him if he had a TouchPad but he said he lives too far away.
    I was able to chat with the messenger ("MSN") protocol until a redoctor, and now I'm too dumb to have it working again! I attempt to add my hotmail account, but it just says "connection failed".

So I delete it, and start all over: Account ********@hotmail.com, password, and leave everything else at default, but accepting invalid vertificates, just in case. The account is created, added, and shown in the list. Next, I see a notification from Live, asking me to verify my credentials. I retype password, hit the start session button, and again I get a "connection failed" error.

What am I doing wrong? It was dead easy the firt time I did it. Could you help me, or point me to some information about it?

By the way, is it normal to have the same account two times? One is for e-mail, and one for chat.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Gregroll, the original developer of them "retired" and handed the project over to NuttyBunny who had been assisting him on the side before. As far as I know, NuttyBunny is still playing around with them, not freezing them. I asked him if he had a TouchPad but he said he lives too far away.
    NuttyBunny, would you be able to share the source code so it could be worked on by others who do have TouchPads?
    oh my god....searched several days for a solution and the upper/lower case letters did the trick!
    I'm aware that Greg went to the darkside, but didn't know that NuttyBunny wasn't working on an update for the Touchpad. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcheffe View Post
    NuttyBunny, would you be able to share the source code so it could be worked on by others who do have TouchPads?
    He made an offer to others back in a previous post #467 in this stream.

"It seems that the dialog pages should be converted to enyo
    If anyone wants to take a shot at it, the git repository is still up."

If anyone can pick up this development, I will continue to test this app, especially the Sametime plugin.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcheffe View Post
    Ha, read the first post so long ago I forgot that it's already in Git.
    Someone take a stab at it! I'll donate to ya! All I care about is MSN!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Account at hotmail.com, password, and everything else at default, but accepting invalid certificates, just in case. The account is created, added, and shown in the list. Next, I see a notification from Live, asking me to verify my credentials. I retype password, hit the start session button, and again I get a "connection failed" error.
    I've been reviewing the thread, and saw someone saying that the account must be deleted from both the messaging app, and the accounts app. Actually, I didn't know if having it in both places was normal.

After deleting in both places, I added it again, but this time from the accounts app, instead of the messaging app. It's working now, at least I see my friends, and have options for MSN ("Live messenger") aside SMS.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I would love to see these plugins working on the Touchpad as well. I'd like Facebook chat and Google Talk working. That would be fantastic. I wouldn't complain if voice/video worked on those protocols either
    My TouchPad should arrive this week, I just have to release 3 apps that I have in queue and then I'll fix the plugins.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    HelmutsKohl and suvuk like this.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    My TouchPad should arrive this week, I just have to release 3 apps that I have in queue and then I'll fix the plugins.
    Awesome.

Thanks in advance