Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Yeah, I presumed that, I was hoping that it would be simple

Please, look for the debugging steps here in the thread and send me some debugging info

Delete your account from both the messaging app and the accounts app, run both the account creation debug and the login debug, create your account, and after it barks you with the error close the logs and copy the files generated in the DebugMP directory. Send those to me by PM or post them here.

Thanks

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just wanted to give you my continued encouragement as you move forward with the latest bug fix for Sametime. Anxiously anticipating a successful test.

Also, I noticed that after you create an account, you can select either the account in your apps or the account app to enter new login name and password. Will change my office passwords this weekend and will let you know how this works or if I have to recreate accounts.

Dale
    OK, I guess I was on the wrong thread. I'll keep an eye on these plugings then. Once they get more stable I'll give it a try on my Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Well, communicator can be spotty at times, and it tends to break if you switch from wifi to 3g and viceversa. There are new versions of xfire, facebookchat (it's crashing because of some aliases, I may have to disable them), msn (actually is msn-pecan, but it doesn't connect to some microsoft servers, I'm looking into using another crypto library), and at last, office communicator, which I haven't even tried to build.

This is being a busy week, porting the plugins to a system that will in the end allow us to use Preware for distribution, there are several things to fix here and there, so please just have a little more patience

I hope to get to pidgin-sipe (office communicator) soon, just let me fix the crashes as I haven't had time to talk with Greg.

But things are progressing nicely
    Are any updates for the Office communicator plugin. The first time I added the account. All my buddies' online status shows up correctly (green dot and orange dots) and it worked perfect. After I sign off and sign back in, the online status are not updated. I can still send and receive IM's, but there are no quick way to determine if someone is online or not. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tnguy88 View Post
    Are any updates for the Office communicator plugin. The first time I added the account. All my buddies' online status shows up correctly (green dot and orange dots) and it worked perfect. After I sign off and sign back in, the online status are not updated. I can still send and receive IM's, but there are no quick way to determine if someone is online or not. Thanks
    Ok People, I'm really sorry for all these problems you're having. I had decided to try and build these plugins for Preware integration but it's giving me a hard time.

So, I'll look into some of the bugs, including fbchat, the certificate issues w/msn, jabber and AOL, and sametime, and even update sipe (Office Comm), and make one last release before trying again to switch to Preware.

Expect this in the weekend, or earlier if I got the time

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  5.    #405  
    Hi everyone,

Just thought I would say good bye. Today my new Galaxy S2 arrived and I can't wait to unbox it. My Pre is as good as dead (the screen touches itself and very rarely works). It will be a nice change to have a phone that works.

A big thanks to NuttyBunny for taking over the development of this project. He has been a great help to me and I know he will be a great help to you all.

I just like to thank all of you for your support and help over the past 2 years and everyone who has tested and troubleshooted this product.

This is a great community and I hope it continues to group.

For those of you who don't know or wonder why I don't stick it out longer for a Pre3 or even a Pre 2 I am from Australia. HP/Palm have no intention to sell here if the near future and just like my Pre I would have to import it. While a lot of you think HP/Palm/Sprint etc have given up on you they weren't there for me to start with so it's very hard to continue.

All the best,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just thought I would say good bye. Today my new Galaxy S2 arrived and I can't wait to unbox it. My Pre is as good as dead (the screen touches itself and very rarely works). It will be a nice change to have a phone that works.

A big thanks to NuttyBunny for taking over the development of this project. He has been a great help to me and I know he will be a great help to you all.

I just like to thank all of you for your support and help over the past 2 years and everyone who has tested and troubleshooted this product.

This is a great community and I hope it continues to group.

For those of you who don't know or wonder why I don't stick it out longer for a Pre3 or even a Pre 2 I am from Australia. HP/Palm have no intention to sell here if the near future and just like my Pre I would have to import it. While a lot of you think HP/Palm/Sprint etc have given up on you they weren't there for me to start with so it's very hard to continue.

All the best,
    Greg
    Phew... I didn't expect this to happen so soon, but well, I'll try to continue with your work the best I can.

Hope everything will go fine with your life and your plans, and maybe (I hope) HP changes their ideas about Australia and we see you again around here with a new Pre 3 or 4

We'll be here, hope you don't go far

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Best wishes to you Greg! I hope HP/Palm releases a new WebOS device soon. I can't wait to try an update of the synergy plugins.

Thanks for everything you've done, Greg. Sorry to see you go, but I can certainly understand why you have made that decision.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Thanks for everything you've done, Greg. Sorry to see you go, but I can certainly understand why you have made that decision.

-- Rod
    what he said!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Thanks Greg for all your hard work. It is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Greg! I appreciate all the work you've done!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Thanks Greg. People like you is what webOS needs and it's sad when we lose them. I hope we'll see you back with a Pre 3 and with HP changing their policy.
    Thanks for all your work, Greg. I use the plugins every day, and I'm very grateful for that!

Hopefully HP will grease you with some free new products, maybe buy your loyalty back
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Thanks for your work, Greg. It's always tough to see one of the leading community members leave. How about HPalm rep AUS here, HP?

All the best on your new platform. Come back, soon!

Cheers
    thanks first for the plugin, it works fine but one point is quite disturbing:
    all my buddies from fb chat are - thanks to this plugin - synchronised to my contacts, BUT the names aren't in the right place. All their names are saved as nicknames (in german: 'Spitznamen') and not as it should be - in the category 'name'.
    So now I have everybody 2 times in my contacts, ex.
    1 John Doe (name) and
    1 John Doe (nickname).

Please can you fix, that the plugin synchronized contacts are saved in the right category 'name' instead of 'nickname'?
    thanks!!!!
    ------
    additional info:
    I use the jabber plug-in to use the facebook chat. All my facebook 'friends' are created in my contacts twice, one creates the jabber plug-in with just their nicknames and one creates the normal facebook account sync with their real names.
    Why creates the messaging plugin contacts with just nicknames, and not real names? If the plugin would create contacts with the real name, then the contact app would merge them automatically, but it can not merge 2 contacts with just the 'nickname' information from the plugin.
    Last edited by tonig23; 05/09/2011 at 05:20 AM. Reason: more info
    Thanks, Greg. You are great, and we are brothers in hope about the HP change this country policy...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonig23 View Post
    thanks first for the plugin, it works fine but one point is quite disturbing:
    all my buddies from fb chat are - thanks to this plugin - synchronised to my contacts, BUT the names aren't in the right place. All their names are saved as nicknames (in german: 'Spitznamen') and not as it should be - in the category 'name'.
    So now I have everybody 2 times in my contacts, ex.
    1 John Doe (name) and
    1 John Doe (nickname).

Please can you fix, that the plugin synchronized contacts are saved in the right category 'name' instead of 'nickname'?
    thanks!!!!
    ------
    additional info:
    I use the jabber plug-in to use the facebook chat. All my facebook 'friends' are created in my contacts twice, one creates the jabber plug-in with just their nicknames and one creates the normal facebook account sync with their real names.
    Why creates the messaging plugin contacts with just nicknames, and not real names? If the plugin would create contacts with the real name, then the contact app would merge them automatically, but it can not merge 2 contacts with just the 'nickname' information from the plugin.
    Hey tonig23,
    thanks for your post. I have a few infos on your stuff, since I got the same troubles on my phone:
    - out of my view the nickname stuff is not related to this plugin I had it already before, it seems to be some glitch with the facebook sync, that it creates the nickname entries. I could delete the empty contacts that where created and they did not come back so far.
    - If you setup Facebook over Jabber, then it is not treated as one account with the facebook app. You now have 2 seperate accounts (Facebook + Jabber) and if there is no obvious info for synergy to match it, it will create double ones. I took over the jabber nicknames into my regular contacts, then the sync works fine.

Maybe this helps you a bit.

Greetings
    Christian
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hey tonig23,
    thanks for your post. I have a few infos on your stuff, since I got the same troubles on my phone:
    - out of my view the nickname stuff is not related to this plugin I had it already before, it seems to be some glitch with the facebook sync, that it creates the nickname entries. I could delete the empty contacts that where created and they did not come back so far.
    - If you setup Facebook over Jabber, then it is not treated as one account with the facebook app. You now have 2 seperate accounts (Facebook + Jabber) and if there is no obvious info for synergy to match it, it will create double ones. I took over the jabber nicknames into my regular contacts, then the sync works fine.

Greetings
    Christian
    As a matter of fact, I got the same problem while testing the "working" version of the fbchat plugin

Working on a fix for that as well

Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hey tonig23,

Greetings
    Christian
    thanks for your comment, yes I have separate accounts in total 4
    1 google
    1 facebook
    1 jabber (=facebook chat)
    1 palm

the google and facebook account share the same information in the category 'name', (nickname is empty) so the contact app is able to link the both entries to one.

but the jabber account don't, because just the category 'nickname' is filled.
    The solution will be, that the messaging plugin fills the right category (name instead of nickname) and everything will be fine
    Any updates?