Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    This looks great...but I am having a problem setting up accounts. I have tried Live Messenger and Facebook Chat....and for both I can enter the settings but when I press the "Sign In" button I get Login Failed "Not permitted to send to org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator."
    I have tried installing twice and restarting....and I still get the same message.

Jodi
    BTW, I am also an Aussie.
    Wow. I can't believe you did this! FB chat is the only thing I was missing from 1.4.5. Now the transition is complete! I am now ready to take over the world!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Thank you Greg, now I'm even more satisfied with my Pre 2.
    Couple of things:

Facebook chat does work, awesome job here.

Some contacts are showing up with names as the numbers, like mentioned previously in the thread.

Also, not all contact pictures are loading.

Anything I can do about this? Or do I need to give it time to 'learn' all the names and pictures? :P
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Just wanted to let you know that I got it working....instead of using WebOSQuickInstall 4.04 to install, I tried the other method of copying the file do the Pre 2 in USB mode and then using Preware to install it. So, the Preware method worked for me.

Thanks for your efforts in creating this. It's great.

Jodi
    I can't wait to get to WebOS 2.x to give the Lync plugin a try.
    This plugin is fantastic! I finally have ICQ on my pre. All works like a charm.
    Great job!
    Thanks, just tested ICQ and its working fine great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by jodihansen View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that I got it working....instead of using WebOSQuickInstall 4.04 to install, I tried the other method of copying the file do the Pre 2 in USB mode and then using Preware to install it. So, the Preware method worked for me.

Thanks for your efforts in creating this. It's great.

Jodi
    Well, Preware IS the supported method, not Quick Install, we should be reading the first post or we'll end with a thousand posts thread with repeated questions all over like the previous one
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Now I have a reason to install 2.1 on my Pre -.

Thanks Greg for all the work with the 1.x version and initializing this process for 2.x release. ( Will be back from vacation in 10 days. A reason to get away and now to come back to.)

I expect we will still see a lot of you around the community.

Congrats on the new family addition.

Dale
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Couple of things:

Facebook chat does work, awesome job here.

Some contacts are showing up with names as the numbers, like mentioned previously in the thread.

Also, not all contact pictures are loading.

Anything I can do about this? Or do I need to give it time to 'learn' all the names and pictures? :P
    You should let it do the matches, in my case took a couple of minutes to finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I'm having a bit of a problem with contacts: Facebook (over Jabber) contacts are duplicated in the Contacts app. Any reason why they don't autolink to the Facebook contacts of the same person?
    I think it's because the name of the contact on the Jabber Plugin is called "Nickname", perhaps Synergy isn't using that field to do the merge. I wonder if Greg can change the name of the field, or if the name of the fields to help synergy do its job can be customized
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    You should let it do the matches, in my case took a couple of minutes to finish.
    It's getting better. I have > 400 or so friends, only 30 or so online ATM. About half have names, and half of those have pictures. They're not automatically linking to my FB contacts, which is a downer.

UPDATE Now almost all have names, and the pictures are loading. I'm super dee duper happy today!
    Last edited by fxspec06; 03/19/2011 at 09:40 AM. Reason: udpate

I think it's because the name of the contact on the Jabber Plugin is called "Nickname", perhaps Synergy isn't using that field to do the merge. I wonder if Greg can change the name of the field, or if the name of the fields to help synergy do its job can be customized
    That would be faaaaaaaantastic!

Greg,

You are my hero. Thanks.

Good luck with your kid and house, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    It's getting better. I have > 400 or so friends, only 30 or so online ATM. About half have names, and half of those have pictures. They're not automatically linking to my FB contacts, which is a downer.
    mmm... That's not good, it seems we have the same problem as the Facebook over Jabber solution, the contacts are not autolinking. Any success with the other protocols?

At least gtalk and Office Communicator work linking the contacts, I think it does the link by email, but I don't have many people to make a conclusion.
    Great job, Greg.

Let's talk about how to get this into the Preware testing feeds, and then eventually into the public feeds.

-- Rod
    Every time I try to add an account I get an error saying "Login Failed - Not permitted to send to org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator.".
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    Every time I try to add an account I get an error saying "Login Failed - Not permitted to send to org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator.".
    Did you install it using the latest Preware version as stated in the very first post on this thread??
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 03/19/2011 at 11:51 AM.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Did you install it using the last Preware version?
    Nop, using webOS QuickInstall 4, I'll try it with Preware.

By the way, there's a bug with the spanish translation, the accents are shown as squares.
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast