Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 1038
Like Tree163Likes
  1. chris42's Avatar
    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #361  
    Ok, I read the log files a bit more and found the following part in it:

    Code:
    (22:24:48) plugins: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/plugins/libxmpp.so is not loadable: undefined symbol: jabber_set_status
    So could this be connected to my XMPP Problem and how can I solve it?

    Thanks
    Christian
  2. #362  
    I am getting a "Connection Failed" when trying to login to my Jabber account in order to use Facebook Chat. I am having problems running the debugger when using Novaterm as well. What do I do after typing in sh /media/internal/Debug_Login.sh? All it tells me is that the directer exists then returns to the prompt.
  3. #363  
    Is skype chat at all a possibility? Bloody iPhone and Android have official Skype applications, but webOS? No! We only get some cruddy $10 web app that is crap and hardly works. If there is any possibility, I'd do anything to help out.

    Thanks
    Gavin
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  4. #364  
    EDIT:// Cruddy internet error, sorry for the double post.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  5. dale46's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #365  
    After upgrading a Pre- to WebOS 2.1, I installed the new Synergy Messaging Plugin. I installed gmail fine; but, am having problems with Sametime. I am not able to log in with the same settings I used on the previous version of the messaging plugins for 1.x.

    Also noticed that LCS is listed in the IM pull down as you edit a contact instead of Sametime.

    Anyone else trying Sametime?

    Dale
  6. #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by trblsome9six View Post
    I am getting a "Connection Failed" when trying to login to my Jabber account in order to use Facebook Chat. I am having problems running the debugger when using Novaterm as well. What do I do after typing in sh /media/internal/Debug_Login.sh? All it tells me is that the directer exists then returns to the prompt.
    Please paste the exact error. If you have a screenshot it could better. Thanks
  7. #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Is skype chat at all a possibility? Bloody iPhone and Android have official Skype applications, but webOS? No! We only get some cruddy $10 web app that is crap and hardly works. If there is any possibility, I'd do anything to help out.

    Thanks
    Gavin
    mmm... Really unlikely. The best we could ever do is to somehow use Verizon's Skype mobile code (but I think the login is done via their servers, so, it would be next to impossible to use it outside the Verizon network).

    The skype plugin for Pidgin works by talking to a running instance of Skype, so, no Skype for webOS = No Skype plugin
  8. #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    Also noticed that LCS is listed in the IM pull down as you edit a contact instead of Sametime.

    Anyone else trying Sametime?

    Dale
    I wonder if this could be the problem... I'll take a look, should this be the problem, it would be fairly easy to fix (of course, IF this is the problem).

    Thanks for the report
  9. dale46's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I wonder if this could be the problem... I'll take a look, should this be the problem, it would be fairly easy to fix (of course, IF this is the problem).

    Thanks for the report
    Here is output from the DebugPM_Login.sh:

    Code:

    Code:

    Let me know if I can get any other information.
    Last edited by Dale46; 04/12/2011 at 10:17 AM.
  10. #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    Here is output from the DebugPM_Login.sh:


    Let me know if I can get any other information.
    Well, that log doesn't show anything

    Since you were able to create the account, please delete it on both the messaging app and the accounts app, and use the DebugMP_Account_Creation.sh before creating it.
    Also, on another terminal run DebugMP_Login.sh as well.

    Let's see what happens when you create the account because in the log you posted I don't even see the device trying to connect

    Thanks!!
  11. dale46's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Well, that log doesn't show anything

    Since you were able to create the account, please delete it on both the messaging app and the accounts app, and use the DebugMP_Account_Creation.sh before creating it.
    Also, on another terminal run DebugMP_Login.sh as well.

    Let's see what happens when you create the account because in the log you posted I don't even see the device trying to connect

    Thanks!!
    Performed the task you indicated. The ID created as it did the first time; but, the term session running the DebugPM_Account_Create.sh script failed immediate, with error, after I entered the new account info and hit the Sing In button. The account app loaded, as before, and prompted me to create the account. Here is the error:

    root@Dale Ladnier's Palm Pre:/media/internal# DebugMP_Account_Creation.sh
    DebugMP_Account_Creation.sh
    Directory exists
    org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator: no process killed
    org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator: no process killed
    org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator: no process killed

    (process:15911): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-castle/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-125/125/src/transport.c:1816

    (process:15911): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Broken pipe
    LUNASERVICE ERROR 32: Broken pipe (_LSTransportSendComplete @ /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-castle/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-125/125/src/transport.c:1816)

    root@Dale Ladnier's Palm Pre:/media/internal#

    Dale
  12. #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    Performed the task you indicated. The ID created as it did the first time; but, the term session running the DebugPM_Account_Create.sh script failed immediate, with error, after I entered the new account info and hit the Sing In button. The account app loaded, as before, and prompted me to create the account. Here is the error:

    root@Dale Ladnier's Palm Pre:/media/internal# DebugMP_Account_Creation.sh
    DebugMP_Account_Creation.sh
    Directory exists
    org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator: no process killed
    org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator: no process killed
    org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator: no process killed

    (process:15911): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-castle/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-125/125/src/transport.c:1816

    (process:15911): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Broken pipe
    LUNASERVICE ERROR 32: Broken pipe (_LSTransportSendComplete @ /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-castle/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-125/125/src/transport.c:1816)

    root@Dale Ladnier's Palm Pre:/media/internal#

    Dale
    Yep, that's how it works, it should have left a new file in the DebugMP directory on your usb partition.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  13. dale46's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Yep, that's how it works, it should have left a new file in the DebugMP directory on your usb partition.
    I am using Novacom to create my sessions. Let me insure the process and I will repeat:
    Start the two sessions
    Run the two scripts
    add the account to the messing tool
    close the two sessions
    retrieve files

    Dale
  14. #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Please paste the exact error. If you have a screenshot it could better. Thanks
    Here is a screen shot, pretty bleak. But I may be doing something wrong, obviously, or maybe not so obviously .

    Edit: Although when I try to login to Jabber I still receive the "Connection Failed" error, a messaging window randomly (five minutes after attempting to login) popped up on my screen with a menu tittle "jabber" saying something similar to, "You are now you are now online to chat. Please note that this also marks you as Online on facebook.com.." I went back and tried to login to jabber once again and once again received the error. What's with that?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by trblsome9six; 04/12/2011 at 12:57 PM.
  15. #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    I am using Novacom to create my sessions. Let me insure the process and I will repeat:
    Start the two sessions
    Run the two scripts
    add the account to the messing tool
    close the two sessions
    retrieve files

    Dale
    Exactly, that will work.
    Ignore the "errors", they're normal
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  16. #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by trblsome9six View Post
    Here is a screen shot, pretty bleak. But I may be doing something wrong, obviously, or maybe not so obviously .

    Edit: Although when I try to login to Jabber I still receive the "Connection Failed" error, a messaging window randomly (five minutes after attempting to login) popped up on my screen with a menu tittle "jabber" saying something similar to, "You are now you are now online to chat. Please note that this also marks you as Online on facebook.com.." I went back and tried to login to jabber once again and once again received the error. What's with that?
    That window is "normal", there must be some files in the DebugMP folder inside your device's USB drive, those are the needed ones.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  17. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #377  
    Nuttybunny is there a way not to allow the Live Messenger contacts appear in Contacts?
    Or not to sync every time or something?
    I linked all those that I could to the Palm Profile contacts and deleted the rest, however they seem to reappear.
  18. #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Nuttybunny is there a way not to allow the Live Messenger contacts appear in Contacts?
    Or not to sync every time or something?
    I linked all those that I could to the Palm Profile contacts and deleted the rest, however they seem to reappear.
    mmm... I really don't think so, that's the way the synergy stuff works (and has worked since the first versions of the plugins)
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  19. dale46's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Exactly, that will work.
    Ignore the "errors", they're normal
    Script Output sent in PM.

    Advise if you I can get anything else.

    Dale
  20. #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    Script Output sent in PM.

    Advise if you I can get anything else.

    Dale
    Ok, found the bug, fixed for next release...
    (at this rate it may be an intermediate release with just the facebookchat and sametime fixes)
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions