Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Ok, back to FB Chat, I'm trying to get it working through Jabber, but am having the same issue as someone noted earlier - when I click Sign in I get Login Failed "Write error."

I actually downloaded Pidgin for the PC to see if I could get it working there. No problems, works fine.

I am following the instructions as laid out in various messages in this thread, specifically:

email address: FB Username @ chat.facebook.com

password: FB password

Port: 5222

Timeout and Wait for Buddy List are defaults

No TLS

Resource: Pidgin

When I try just my FB username (without the @chat.facebook.com), I get Login Failed "Host Unknown"

When I choose ignore Invalid Cert, it successfully ads the account, but I do not see any buddies (I did this while the @chat.facebook.com was appended to username in the email field, perhaps I should try it but leave that out?)
    Well, well, as it seems, Facebook changed it's chat server to use TLS.

So, please, enable TLS and Accept Bad Cert option.
    Use your username@chat.facebook.com
    server: chat.facebook.com
    I just did it and it works.

I'll ask Greg to update the first post
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Well, well, as it seems, Facebook changed it's chat server to use TLS.

So, please, enable TLS and Accept Bad Cert option.
    Use your username@chat.facebook.com
    server: chat.facebook.com
    I just did it and it works.

I'll ask Greg to update the first post
    Sorry, it didn't work for me. Tried it, removed, and tried it once more just to be sure. What version of the plugin are you running? I'm running .06. Not sure what else might be causing this. Do you think it could be an issue with individual FB accounts? I'm running this on an unlocked Pre 2 with 2.1 and a bunch of other patches... My AOL contacts show through ok, although so far I've also been unsuccessful at getting google talk, yahoo, or msn contacts to show...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Sorry, it didn't work for me. Tried it, removed, and tried it once more just to be sure. What version of the plugin are you running? I'm running .06. Not sure what else might be causing this. Do you think it could be an issue with individual FB accounts? I'm running this on an unlocked Pre 2 with 2.1 and a bunch of other patches... My AOL contacts show through ok, although so far I've also been unsuccessful at getting google talk, yahoo, or msn contacts to show...

I set it up using just my username (no "@chat.facebook.com") and it logged in, but I'm still not seeing my contacts.
    What is the exactly the point of this plugin?
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    What is the exactly the point of this plugin?
    Third time's a charm?
    I have 1.4.5 pre is this compatible with my pre as well? i installed it and i dont see any change in anything.. maybe i just dont know how to start it up?

thanks
    Please read at least the first post!!

These plugins are for webOS 2.x. They won't work in previous versions.

They provide more messaging protocols than the originals provided by Palm.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    thank, yeah i read the first post, but just wanted to make sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by mypre2009 View Post
    I have 1.4.5 pre is this compatible with my pre as well? i installed it and i dont see any change in anything.. maybe i just dont know how to start it up?

thanks
    Use these instead for 1.4.5 http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2273442
    did you rebooted your palm?

I use the configuration as it is in this forum (NO TSL) + Accept Bad Cert

and I see all my buddies, first just strange numbers, but seconds later the real names.

(i also synch my facebook profile with my palm, you too?)
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonig23 View Post
    did you rebooted your palm?

I use the configuration as it is in this forum (NO TSL) + Accept Bad Cert

and I see all my buddies, first just strange numbers, but seconds later the real names.

(i also synch my facebook profile with my palm, you too?)

This is frustrating... I was able to receive messages (with the strange numbers) but my buddies still don't show up
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    I manually added the numbers to my friend's contact info on the Pre. When he messages me on FB it shows up on the phone as him, but says he's offline when I try to reply... also, my replies on the PC get sent to my phone as messages from him
    I have experienced some problems on the Live Messenger plugin:
    I have to add my account twice to make it work. The first time it stalls after I input all the login details and tapped the 'Sign In' button. However, when I create it all over again the second time, it went smooth.
    After setting up the account and getting it online, it can't get back to online after setting it offline or making it offline due to network connection. I have to delete the account and add it again to make it work.

These two problems are no just an occasional event. I have experienced both of them before doctoring my Pre 2 last week and now, the freshly doctored Pre 2.

Hope it helps your debugging. Thanks for the Plugin!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    I have experienced some problems on the Live Messenger plugin:
    I have to add my account twice to make it work. The first time it stalls after I input all the login details and tapped the 'Sign In' button. However, when I create it all over again the second time, it went smooth.
    After setting up the account and getting it online, it can't get back to online after setting it offline or making it offline due to network connection. I have to delete the account and add it again to make it work.

These two problems are no just an occasional event. I have experienced both of them before doctoring my Pre 2 last week and now, the freshly doctored Pre 2.

Hope it helps your debugging. Thanks for the Plugin!
    It would help better if you send us the debugging when doing that:

1. Open 2 connections to your phone using Novaterm
    2. on the first, type: /media/internal/DebugMP_Login.sh
    3. on the second, type: /media/internam/DebugMP_Account_Creation.sh
    4. Create the account (you say it stalls, that's fine... go back, the second script should have died at this point).
    5. repeat step 3
    6. Repeat step 4, if it stalls again, repeat until you can create the account successfully.
    7. after you've logon fine and see your contacts, log off and see if the first script died.
    8. If it died, great, if not, try to logon again.
    9. After all this, log off, stop the scripts (with ctrl-C) if they're still running (maybe just the first is alive), and send me the debugs.

Then're stored in the DebugMP directory in your Pre usb partition.

Thanks!!

Ok......first thing is for me to learn how to Novaterm my Pre2.......it takes some time
    is it possible to implement support for jabber conferences (MUC)?
    Sorry for my English =)
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hi,
    maybe someone can help me!?
    I tried to add a Jabber Account. But I get the following error on the Phone "Read Error".

I did the debug and have the log files. Think the relevant part is this:

Code:
    (22:24:50) jabber: Sending: <stream:stream to='web.de' xmlns='jabber:client' xmlns:stream='http://etherx.jabber.org/streams' version='1.0'>
    (22:24:50) jabber: Server closed the connection.
    (22:24:50) connection: Connection error on 0xb6d80 (reason: 0 description: Read Error)
    [2011-04-09 22:24:50:898] [0x3557a230] [error] [org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator]: accountLoginFailed is called with error: 0. Text: Read Error
    [2011-04-09 22:24:50:898] [0x3557a230] [error] [org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator]: returnValidateFailed error: -3141610 - Read Error
    (22:24:50) account: Disconnecting account <myaccountinfo> (0xb54d0)
    (22:24:50) connection: Disconnecting connection 0xb6d80
    (22:24:50) jabber: Sending: </stream:stream>
    (22:24:50) connection: Destroying connection 0xb6d80
    [2011-04-09 22:24:50:900] [0x3557a230] [notice] [org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator]: org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator stopping...
    [2011-04-09 22:24:50:901] [0x3557a230] [notice] [org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator]: org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator stopped.
    Any advice?

Thanks
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hi,
    maybe someone can help me!?
    I tried to add a Jabber Account. But I get the following error on the Phone "Read Error".

I did the debug and have the log files. Think the relevant part is this:

Code:
    (22:24:50) jabber: Sending: <stream:stream to='web.de' xmlns='jabber:client' xmlns:stream='http://etherx.jabber.org/streams' version='1.0'>
    (22:24:50) connection: Connection error on 0xb6d80 (reason: 0 description: Read Error)
    [2011-04-09 22:24:50:898] [0x3557a230] [error] [org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator]: accountLoginFailed is called with error: 0. Text: Read Error
    [2011-04-09 22:24:50:898] [0x3557a230] [error] [org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator]: returnValidateFailed error: -3141610 - Read Error
    (22:24:50) account: Disconnecting account <myaccountinfo> (0xb54d0)
    (22:24:50) connection: Disconnecting connection 0xb6d80
    (22:24:50) jabber: Sending: </stream:stream>
    (22:24:50) connection: Destroying connection 0xb6d80
    [2011-04-09 22:24:50:900] [0x3557a230] [notice] [org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator]: org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator stopping...
    [2011-04-09 22:24:50:901] [0x3557a230] [notice] [org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator]: org.webosinternals.imaccountvalidator stopped.
    Any advice?

Thanks
    Chris
    Did you try enabling TLS and Accept Bad Cert?

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Did you try enabling TLS and Accept Bad Cert?
    Yes, tried that. The log looks then a bit different. It still seem to get the connection and then gets the same error as I posted before...

Greetings
    Chris
    what diffrence does it make to google talk any? I really miss being able to update picture status and invitting friends accepting requests with the bult in gtalk so does this change this or any other changes?