Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    Well. The latest .6 installed fine. I go Live Messenger and it seemed to install fine. However when I started linking accounts I had one disappear. Removed it didn't try again. So then I tired "Facebook Chat" it accepted both my account creds but when I looked to message someone no info nor no buddies were present like Live showed. So then I tried Facebook with Jabber and I got a error that said 'write error' soooo eh.. I'll wait longer heh.
    ***********WRITE ERROR***********

Set "Accept invalid certificates" widget to "On".
    I installed it and all good but all my Buddies are gone
    I found that if I enable Messaging in account under my Gmail then it works but if I disable it then I loose all my buddies in the Gtalk, I think both have to be enabled. I dont follow this can someone please take look in to this.

Thanks
    So there is no official app from palm or google for webos???
    So there is know official app from palm or google for google talk??
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    So there is know official app from palm or google for google talk??
    Of course, it's included with every webOS device.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I found that if I enable Messaging in account under my Gmail then it works but if I disable it then I loose all my buddies in the Gtalk, I think both have to be enabled. I dont follow this can someone please take look in to this.

Thanks
    Well, yes, the gtalk messaging component is the "messaging" portion of your "google" account. This is an expected behaviour.

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    So if its included with webos what does exactly does this add fore google talk?
    Dunno, maybe bugfixes since the version Palm based theirs on. Maybe it's more stable

Quote Originally Posted by TheDizzAR View Post
    Let me guess what 'company' you're working for ;-)
    It has 2 letters, starts with a "H" and ends with "..ard" haha..
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Just installed the plugin on my Pre+ with WebOS 2.1, and it works great. So far i tried with Windows Live, which i really missed, and it works flawlessly.

Great work, thanks!
    Just installed this on my German Pre- and got a blank QuickInstall error message during installation. Now when I try to open the Messaging preferences nothing happens anymore.
    I uninstalled the patch but still no preferences open up. Any ideas?
    Just installed on my Pre+ 2.1 with no issues.

Can't get it work with the 'Facebook Chat' account, fails to login, 'username or password is invalid', but I'm sure they are valid.

With the same settings Jabber option (same facebook login data) at least works. Duplicates every single contact from this new Jabber account in Contacts (not assigning them to existing contacts).

I would say the old 1.4.5 patch (aka google talk) worked better.

Is there any (technical) way to just add a functioning 'Messaging' switcher on existing built-in Synergy Facebook account?
    It's it possible to put your patch in the app catalog with synergy in webOS 2.0?

Thx anyway
    Developer of iCopter 2.2 for webOS.

If you have any remark, complain or feature request, let me know :
    iCopter 2.1 Precentral thread
    Gave this a go for the Facebook Chat option. Can successfully add an account but none of my contacts show up. It says "signing in" then shows a list - but it's just my GTalk list and nobody else.

Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Marc
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I cannot find it in Preware. Anyone else can tell me where it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkvs View Post
    Just installed on my Pre+ 2.1 with no issues.

Can't get it work with the 'Facebook Chat' account, fails to login, 'username or password is invalid', but I'm sure they are valid.

With the same settings Jabber option (same facebook login data) at least works. Duplicates every single contact from this new Jabber account in Contacts (not assigning them to existing contacts).
    got the same problem. Hope this will be fixed with ne next version when you will be able to use the facebook plugin (as said contacts will be seen then)

Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I cannot find it in Preware. Anyone else can tell me where it is?
    Just download it from the first post of this thread, move it via usb on your phone and install it manually via preware

Quote Originally Posted by mlove99 View Post
    Gave this a go for the Facebook Chat option. Can successfully add an account but none of my contacts show up. It says "signing in" then shows a list - but it's just my GTalk list and nobody else.

Thanks for your help

Marc
    Facebook is not realy working in this version, you have to do it with the jabber option (explained in the first post). This will dublicate all your facebook contacts in your contact list though. You can either do that or wait till the next version. Said it will come "soon"
    i have been wondering the same thing... is there some added features or something that this will correct for google talk? what are the benefits of upgrading besides the added messengers. just curious. thanks for all the hard work on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlove99 View Post

Thanks for your help

Marc
    Everyone is seeing this... no one is seeing any contacts with the facebookchat plugin.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2914046

Fixed in the next release