Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pdneri View Post
    Ok, so it seems the only problem is that Office Communicator is missing in the long list of added account types
    Is there a reason why?
    Bunny, I think he means that the user created groups like "friends", "coworkers", "ex-girlfriends" that people usually organize contacts around are not shown. I reported this somewhere in the topic (I am only shown random 2 or 3 out of around 20 groups i have, the rest is are shown as "other") but do not consider it feature important enough to pester you about it
    Quote Originally Posted by MihMih View Post
    Bunny, I think he means that the user created groups like "friends", "coworkers", "ex-girlfriends" that people usually organize contacts around are not shown. I reported this somewhere in the topic (I am only shown random 2 or 3 out of around 20 groups i have, the rest is are shown as "other") but do not consider it feature important enough to pester you about it
    No. It's not a problem of creation or login or groups.

I start the launcher and open the Messaging webOS app.
    Pull down the Preferences and Accounts option from the Messaging setup tab.
    Click on the Add IM account button and the whole list of new account addition possibilities is shown:

In this list of account types, I can't see "Office Communicator", so I can't click on it to create it and insert the parameters.
    Hope is more clear with the picture ....
    Last edited by pdneri; 04/01/2011 at 03:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Set the "accept bad certificate" option to true, and try to create the account. Try it several times. If you succeed at least once, it's an encryption library which I'm thinking about changing. Right now I'm checking if we can switch from gnutls to nss. Some pidgin users report to have much better results with the latter. It doesn't matter if you just don't understand a word I said, it just means that if the tests go well we may have more stable connections in several protocols, including Live, facebook chat, maybe yahoo and others.
    Can confirm that that doesn't work, no difference. It works perfectly on wifi even with accept bad certificate to false... doesn't make sense for it not to work on 2G because of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JingleX View Post
    Can confirm that that doesn't work, no difference. It works perfectly on wifi even with accept bad certificate to false... doesn't make sense for it not to work on 2G because of that.
    mmm... please debug using the DebugMP_Account_Creation.sh , try to create the account, and send me over MP the results.

Thanks!

*goes back to fiddle with gnutls*
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    mmm... please debug using the DebugMP_Account_Creation.sh , try to create the account, and send me over MP the results.

Thanks!

*goes back to fiddle with gnutls*

I rooted into my pre using novaterm and ran the command (sh /media/internal/DebugMP_Account_Creation.sh) directly from the first post for account creation debug, hope i did it right!

Debug is attached as an image. novaterm's copy/paste is broken
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I rooted into my pre using novaterm and ran the command (sh /media/internal/DebugMP_Account_Creation.sh) directly from the first post for account creation debug, hope i did it right!

Debug is attached as an image. novaterm's copy/paste is broken
    ok, you missed one step... open your Pre's usb drive and go to the DebugMP directory, look for the files over there and post the last one

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    No. It's not a problem of creation or login or groups.

I start the launcher and open the Messaging webOS app.
    Pull down the Preferences and Accounts option from the Messaging setup tab.
    Click on the Add IM account button and the whole list of new account addition possibilities is shown:
    [image]
    In this list of account types, I can't see "Office Communicator", so I can't click on it to create it and insert the parameters.
    Hope is more clear with the picture ....
    No suggestions for me? Where is OCS gone? Is there an installation log to check? Thanks!!!
    No suggestions for me? Where is OCS gone? Is there an installation log to check? Thanks!!!
    No, there isn't, but you can run the "Login" debug and paste the file it creates in the DebugMP folder in the Pre's USB drive to see what's happening.

Thanks

ok, you missed one step... open your Pre's usb drive and go to the DebugMP directory, look for the files over there and post the last one
    Thanks! have pm-ed u
    Thanks! have pm-ed u
    Ok, everything (well, almost) seems fine. It's just that there's a lot of data that your phone tries to download and maybe it's timing out. You have lots of contacts!!

Try recreating the msn account with no avatars. If that won't work you may as well wait and try with the new plugin, due in a few days
    Ok, everything (well, almost) seems fine. It's just that there's a lot of data that your phone tries to download and maybe it's timing out. You have lots of contacts!!

Try recreating the msn account with no avatars. If that won't work you may as well wait and try with the new plugin, due in a few days
    Yeah, argh. Doesn't work with avatars disabled as well. Alright, will try the new version when it's out. Thanks!
  12.    #272  
    version 3.0.6 armv7
    Palm Pre 2 unlocked Europe with webos 2.1
    can't debug for Account Creation or Login because OC is completely missing in the list ... how to choose for it?
    I created a Live Messenger account and it works fine!!!
    Hi pdneri,

Have you tried a simple reinstall over the top?

If so and that still doesn't work could you PM me with the location of a zipped file of
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/accounts
    ?

Also what language are you using?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi pdneri,

Have you tried a simple reinstall over the top?

If so and that still doesn't work could you PM me with the location of a zipped file of
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/accounts
    ?

Also what language are you using?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Reinstalled many times in different ways and it is always the same.

But I found the way to configure it!
    Changed language from Italian to English US and OC is magically appeared.
    Created my account and tested: it works.
    Changed language back to Italian:
    - my account is still there, but it is listed withoud its icon
    - if I click on it, it does nothing
    - in the list of account types it is desappeared againg
    - the account works (I can see my contacts)
    It seems a language issue!!!!
    Thank you for the question on the language!

Do you still need that zipped file?
    @NuttyBunny: Do you still need me to run DebugMP_Login? If you do, what exactly should I simulate on the phone?
    The plugins are great indeed, it's such an improvement of the standard messaging options.
    I've tested all plugins on my company issued HP PRE2 running WEBos 2.1 (several hunderd coworkers use a HP PRE2) without major problems.

Only the Microsoft Office Communicator SIPE plugin is a bit buggy. I have the same error as stated above, all contacts are presented as "offline" while I'm actually able to send/receive messages. The Office Communicator userlist is only visible after a reboot and often suddenly disappears. Switching from WIFI to 3G, changing status etc. makes the plugin go nuts I guess.

The few times the Office Communicator userlist pops up, all contacts are sorted in "other contacts", which is not really a big problem but slightly annoying.

I'm also running the desktop version of Office Communicator can this cause an extra problem for Office Communicator on the Pre?

It would be superb to have a stable and hassle free Office Communicator version for the PRE. Looking forward to any future improvements.

Keep up the good work!!
    Let me guess what 'company' you're working for ;-)
  16.    #276  

@NuttyBunny: Do you still need me to run DebugMP_Login? If you do, what exactly should I simulate on the phone?

Cool! Yep thought that may have been the case! We will need to looke at the italian files Everything should work perfectly for you now (minus the icon). Once its fixed you will be able to install over the top and everything should be ok!

Thanks,
    Greg
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by rindo View Post
    The plugins are great indeed, it's such an improvement of the standard messaging options.
    I've tested all plugins on my company issued HP PRE2 running WEBos 2.1 (several hunderd coworkers use a HP PRE2) without major problems.

Only the Microsoft Office Communicator SIPE plugin is a bit buggy. I have the same error as stated above, all contacts are presented as "offline" while I'm actually able to send/receive messages. The Office Communicator userlist is only visible after a reboot and often suddenly disappears. Switching from WIFI to 3G, changing status etc. makes the plugin go nuts I guess.

The few times the Office Communicator userlist pops up, all contacts are sorted in "other contacts", which is not really a big problem but slightly annoying.

I'm also running the desktop version of Office Communicator can this cause an extra problem for Office Communicator on the Pre?

It would be superb to have a stable and hassle free Office Communicator version for the PRE. Looking forward to any future improvements.

Keep up the good work!!
    Hi rindo,

NuttyBunny is working on a newer (much newer) version of the OCS plugin. Hopefully this will solve everyones problems

Greg

No longer needed, that's the info we need!

It's a bad localized file, nothing to worry about, should be released in the next version which, with a bit of luck, should be available in Preware "soon"...

Just don't ask how "soon", there are just a couple of nasty bugs that have to be hunt down and it will all be fun for everyone!

Teaser:
    Based on libpubple (Pidgin) 2.7.11, the latest and gnutls 2.12.0
    Facebookchat 1.69 (now shows buddy list)
    msn-pecan 0.1.1, for the brave souls that want an alternative msn plugin
    pidgin-sipe 1.12: The Office Communicator Plugin.

The plugins should all work at Preware release launch, the versions are the latest so the problems should be minimal.

Just have a little more patience
    msn-pecan, sounds like a dessert. You able to receive messages correctly in it now?
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    msn-pecan, sounds like a dessert. You able to receive messages correctly in it now?
    I don't know yet. I just compiled everything and this one is crashing on me

This is one of the nasty bugs that needs to be squashed!