Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    NuttyBunny, with this new version of MSN you are working on, will we have to remove/re-add the MSN account once we install? (losing all of our synergy links?) Or will it just nicely be updated in the back?
    mmm... if I use the same name for the "type" (internally), the preferences, etc, it may work, but for now it'll be a separate plugin until we are certain things work as they should be. Then, there will be some other tests to see if we can just switch one for the other, if that works, then you won't need to readd the account

(right now it logs in, a lot faster, transfers the buddy list and sends messages, but for some reason I can't receive messages. I'm working on that)
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Nice work greg. What's missing for my perfect webOS feeling is a calendar synergy plugin for custom CalDAV servers hosting ics files. Unfortunately the calendar app can't handle ics sent via mail nor dl/ed from the web. any chance, greg?

anyway, nice work! keep it up! btw... is this App Catalog "safe"?
    Does anyone else have issues seeing "everyone" online with communicator? Almost every time i send a message, it shows the person offline when sending the second message, but they still receive it...which is fine, but sometimes i would like to know if they are online (stable) instead of guessing by sending a message and hoping its returned if they are.

FYI i figured out my connection issues, if anyone was actually looking into it...
    Quote Originally Posted by oryulinduos View Post
    Does anyone else have issues seeing "everyone" online with communicator? Almost every time i send a message, it shows the person offline when sending the second message, but they still receive it...which is fine, but sometimes i would like to know if they are online (stable) instead of guessing by sending a message and hoping its returned if they are.

FYI i figured out my connection issues, if anyone was actually looking into it...
    Well, communicator can be spotty at times, and it tends to break if you switch from wifi to 3g and viceversa. There are new versions of xfire, facebookchat (it's crashing because of some aliases, I may have to disable them), msn (actually is msn-pecan, but it doesn't connect to some microsoft servers, I'm looking into using another crypto library), and at last, office communicator, which I haven't even tried to build.

This is being a busy week, porting the plugins to a system that will in the end allow us to use Preware for distribution, there are several things to fix here and there, so please just have a little more patience

I hope to get to pidgin-sipe (office communicator) soon, just let me fix the crashes as I haven't had time to talk with Greg.

But things are progressing nicely

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Quote Originally Posted by frostea View Post
    Nice work greg. What's missing for my perfect webOS feeling is a calendar synergy plugin for custom CalDAV servers hosting ics files. Unfortunately the calendar app can't handle ics sent via mail nor dl/ed from the web. any chance, greg?
    Calendar and messaging are two different beasts, I don't see it happening soon

Quote Originally Posted by frostea View Post
    anyway, nice work! keep it up! btw... is this App Catalog "safe"?
    I really don't think this is app catalog safe the way it is. Maybe moving directories around, but I think the best we will manage to do is Preware.

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Maybe it's because the server thinks you're still online. Please try the following, just for testing, connect to your wifi network, go online with the msn account, use it.. now, before disconnecting from the wifi, go offline from msn. Now turn off wifi and try to log in on 2G.

I hope it works. Right now I'm not doing too much development, I'm focusing efforts on bringing the plugins to Preware (with the new plugin included). It's going along fine, and we may go to the testing feeds this weekend (wouldn't it be great to release them on April 1st?)

Followed your instructions to the letter, it doesn't work. Gtalk (Gtalk account was created before I installed plugin) will sign in but MSN refuses to sign in.

Another issue is that when I've just installed the plugin and add a windows live account, it jams up at the sign-ing in portion at account adding. After entering the fields for account creation, clicking sign in just makes it stuck there with the circle thing rotating.

But the msn on my computer tells me that i've signed into messenger on a different location and logging me off. So apparently, i've "signed in" on the pre.

This is on 2G. However, on wifi, account adding works perfectly. I've played with the numerous settings; TLS server on/off, sever timeout, seconds wait for buddy list and accept invalid certs. No difference.

P.S. My windows live account is an @gmail.com domain. Will that affect?
    Can someone test and confirm this issue? Is it just with Windows Live Messenger, or is it just me? T.T
    Quote Originally Posted by JingleX View Post
    Can someone test and confirm this issue? Is it just with Windows Live Messenger, or is it just me? T.T
    Set the "accept bad certificate" option to true, and try to create the account. Try it several times. If you succeed at least once, it's an encryption library which I'm thinking about changing. Right now I'm checking if we can switch from gnutls to nss. Some pidgin users report to have much better results with the latter. It doesn't matter if you just don't understand a word I said, it just means that if the tests go well we may have more stable connections in several protocols, including Live, facebook chat, maybe yahoo and others.

Set the "accept bad certificate" option to true, and try to create the account. Try it several times. If you succeed at least once, it's an encryption library which I'm thinking about changing. Right now I'm checking if we can switch from gnutls to nss. Some pidgin users report to have much better results with the latter. It doesn't matter if you just don't understand a word I said, it just means that if the tests go well we may have more stable connections in several protocols, including Live, facebook chat, maybe yahoo and others.
    I should note that I couldn't get MSN to add for the life of me until I enabled that "Accept bad certificate" option. Then worked like a charm..
    Calendar and messaging are two different beasts
    Yeah I knew that. It was rather wishful thinking of not getting

I don't see it happening soon
    as an answer... Maybe there's a calendar crack listening?
    So I get Login failed "write error" msg when I try to create facebook with jabber. Any ideas? I think it might be a problem because of files left behind from a previous facebook/jabber installation... Where would that be located on the phone? Where are new accounts created in?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    So I get Login failed "write error" msg when I try to create facebook with jabber. Any ideas? I think it might be a problem because of files left behind from a previous facebook/jabber installation... Where would that be located on the phone? Where are new accounts created in?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Well, there are no leftover files, just the accounts that go in the accounts app.

Are you sure you're NOT using TLS? .... well, are you following the steps I posted? (and got reposted in the first thread by Gred)
    Installed the IPK through Preware and restarted luna.
    In Prefs and Accounts I can't see the "accept bad cert" option.
    In the "create account" all new types are listed (facebook, QQ, etc.) except Office Communicator (the only one I need).
    Someone else has same behaviour?

Is this plugin compatible with the "Advanced System Prefs" group of patches?

Thanks and ciao!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdneri View Post
    In the "create account" all new types are listed (facebook, QQ, etc.) except Office Communicator (the only one I need).
    Someone else has same behaviour?

Is this plugin compatible with the "Advanced System Prefs" group of patches?

Thanks and ciao!
    Yes they coexist but you have to do a full restart not just a Luna restart

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Yes they coexist but you have to do a full restart not just a Luna restart
    full restart, but same as above
    Thanks and ciao!
    The "accept bad cert" option appears once you tap in Office Communicator t create the account, the option is per account, not global
    The "accept bad cert" option appears once you tap in Office Communicator t create the account, the option is per account, not global
    Ok, so it seems the only problem is that Office Communicator is missing in the long list of added account types
    Is there a reason why?
    Ok, so it seems the only problem is that Office Communicator is missing in the long list of added account types
    Is there a reason why?
    No idea, what version are you installing? What device do you have? What webOS version?

Also, could you do the debugging steps in the first post and send us the debug log?

Thanks
    No idea, what version are you installing? What device do you have? What webOS version?

Also, could you do the debugging steps in the first post and send us the debug log?

Thanks
    version 3.0.6 armv7
    Palm Pre 2 unlocked Europe with webos 2.1
    can't debug for Account Creation or Login because OC is completely missing in the list ... how to choose for it?
    I created a Live Messenger account and it works fine!!!
    version 3.0.6 armv7
    Palm Pre 2 unlocked Europe with webos 2.1
    can't debug for Account Creation or Login because OC is completely missing in the list ... how to choose for it?
    I created a Live Messenger account and it works fine!!!
    Use the DebugMP_Login.sh script, that's for "regular use", it may show what's missing.
    Thanks