Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 1038
Like Tree163Likes
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    OK. Palm Pre 2, Unlocked. Just doctored. Set up email accounts. Installed preware using WebOS Quickinstall. Installed Save/Restore (but not executed). Installed the messaging plugin using Preware (Browse, Get Info, Install). Preware asks me to reboot - okiedoekie - but nothing appears. Rebooted manually, still nothing.
    exactly the same boat...except I'm on a pre- and I installed Preware through novaterm and executed Save/Restore. Also tried installing the plugin by finding it in Internalz Pro (even though it does the same exact thing). Still no luck. anybody else besides Robdos and I having these issues?
  2.    #202  
    Hi guys,

    I have been scratching my head over this one.

    What language are you using for your phone?
    What model?
    What OS version?
    What is the contents of /media/cryptofs/app/usr/accounts?

    Thanks
    Greg
  3. robdos's Avatar
    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

    I have been scratching my head over this one.

    What language are you using for your phone?
    What model?
    What OS version?
    What is the contents of /media/cryptofs/app/usr/accounts?

    Thanks
    Greg
    UK English
    Palm Pre 2 - WebOS 2.1 - Unlocked (straight from palm)
    I dont have /media/cryptofs/app and /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/accounts does not exist, see attached.

    Thanks Greg, really appreciate this
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4. #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    UK English
    Palm Pre 2 - WebOS 2.1 - Unlocked (straight from palm)
    I dont have /media/cryptofs/app and /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/accounts does not exist, see attached.

    Thanks Greg, really appreciate this
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/accounts/
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  5. robdos's Avatar
    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/accounts/
    Ah...ok...here you go

    There are loads of folders, groupwise, xfire etc. Permissions look ok too
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by robdos; 03/25/2011 at 03:41 AM. Reason: More info
  6. #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    Ah...ok...here you go

    There are loads of folders, groupwise, xfire etc. Permissions look ok too
    You really don't see new messaging account options? (messaging app, menu - preferences and accounts, add new account)
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  7. #207  
    Hi all,

    Not sure if this is a stupid question or not but here goes:

    Does this Synergy Messaging Plugins, REPLACE the Messaging Plugins, or just add to its function.

    Should I remove my older messaging plugins from Greg, I think I'm on version 2.60 using a Pre - from Sprint with 1.4.5.

    Thanks!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  8. robdos's Avatar
    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    You really don't see new messaging account options? (messaging app, menu - preferences and accounts, add new account)
    Nope - nowt;
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9. #209  
    First of all: thanks for your great work Greg
    I have some questions:
    1. Is it possible to prevent the xfire account showing the "friends of friends" section?
    2. Is it possible to sign into single accounts, not changing the state of others? (I have the problem that sometimes not all accounts connect so I have to globally log out and in again)?
    3. Sometimes I need several attempts until all accounts successfully log in. Is there a way to improve this?

    Cheers,
    adar
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    Ah...ok...here you go

    There are loads of folders, groupwise, xfire etc. Permissions look ok too
    Hi robdos,

    Thanks for the help. It's an interesting problem. Hopefully they havent stopped custom accounts in your carriers version!

    COuld you please copy the following folders and their contents off your Pre and zip them and upload them to a place where NuttyBunny and I can download?

    /usr/palm/public/accounts
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/accounts

    If you can then PM me and NuttyBunny the location of the zip we can have a look

    Thanks!
    Greg
  11.    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

    Not sure if this is a stupid question or not but here goes:

    Does this Synergy Messaging Plugins, REPLACE the Messaging Plugins, or just add to its function.

    Should I remove my older messaging plugins from Greg, I think I'm on version 2.60 using a Pre - from Sprint with 1.4.5.

    Thanks!

    Rob
    Hi Rob,

    These plugins (Synergy) are for WebOS 2.X only. The "Messaging Plugins" are for WebOS 1.4.5 only.

    Palm/HP changed everything so they are now seperate packages

    Greg
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by adarmalik View Post
    First of all: thanks for your great work Greg
    I have some questions:
    1. Is it possible to prevent the xfire account showing the "friends of friends" section?
    2. Is it possible to sign into single accounts, not changing the state of others? (I have the problem that sometimes not all accounts connect so I have to globally log out and in again)?
    3. Sometimes I need several attempts until all accounts successfully log in. Is there a way to improve this?

    Cheers,
    adar
    Hi adarmalik,

    1. It "might be possible". NuttyBunny will eventually update the Xfire plugin to the latest version with special switches for chat only. We may be able to make this happen.
    2. Not yet. I believe there is an "advanced" patch (i can't rember the name) which adds this functionality (I set out to make these plugins no longer patch anything to make them more stable.
    3. At this point no. I believe its a way WebOS initiate the login sequence. When you say "available" on the status it does and all login at once. Obviously over data/3G the amount of data pushed during this is huge! So I think the patch from point 2 might fix this for you.

    Hope this helps!
    Greg
  13. robdos's Avatar
    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi robdos,

    Thanks for the help. It's an interesting problem. Hopefully they havent stopped custom accounts in your carriers version!

    COuld you please copy the following folders and their contents off your Pre and zip them and upload them to a place where NuttyBunny and I can download?

    /usr/palm/public/accounts
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/accounts

    If you can then PM me and NuttyBunny the location of the zip we can have a look

    Thanks!
    Greg
    I've sent you both PM's....thanks guys.
  14. #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    2. Not yet. I believe there is an "advanced" patch (i can't rember the name) which adds this functionality (I set out to make these plugins no longer patch anything to make them more stable.

    Hope this helps!
    Greg
    The patch is on Preware, it's Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs, by Sconix.

    Works like a charm
  15.    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    I've sent you both PM's....thanks guys.
    Thanks

    I replied to your PM. Looks like the old version 3.04ish. If you could follow the instructions in the PM let us know how it goes. If it works we can post it on here for the others

    NuttyBunny: The files in the zip were UTF-8 encoded not UTF-8 without BOM or ANSI

    Thanks,
    Greg
  16. #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

    I have been scratching my head over this one.

    What language are you using for your phone?
    What model?
    What OS version?
    What is the contents of /media/cryptofs/app/usr/accounts?

    Thanks
    Greg
    wow...I missed a lot lol.

    What language are you using for your phone? Canada English
    What model? Bell Mobility Pre-
    What OS version? 2.1.0 - meta-doctored from 1.4.5 cause it's a legacy device
    What is the contents of /media/cryptofs/app/usr/accounts? absolutely nothing

    Thanks Greg. Like I said in a previous post, all I need is Live Messenger and Flash to make this phone perfect hahaha
  17. #217  
    Guys, seriously you rock!
  18. #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunn1812 View Post
    wow...I missed a lot lol.

    What language are you using for your phone? Canada English
    What model? Bell Mobility Pre-
    What OS version? 2.1.0 - meta-doctored from 1.4.5 cause it's a legacy device
    What is the contents of /media/cryptofs/app/usr/accounts? absolutely nothing

    Thanks Greg. Like I said in a previous post, all I need is Live Messenger and Flash to make this phone perfect hahaha
    Try looking into /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/accounts/


    Also, what version of the plugins are you using?
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  19. #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Try looking into /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/accounts/


    Also, what version of the plugins are you using?
    That's where I looked...it's empty. I haven't set up any accounts yet because I thought I read somewhere that having accounts set up prior to installing the plugin makes it not work properly.

    I tried using 3.0.6 from the thread and 3.0.4 from preware. No luck either way. Thanks for looking into it!

    EDIT: I just looked at Internalz and it's showing the 3.0.4 version...I'm going to try again with 3.0.6. I'll edit again or post back shortly.

    EDIT2: Oh. My. God. I feel like an ***** lol. It worked when I installed 3.0.6 and restarted. I now have access to all the IM providers I can think of. I don't know why it didn't work before, but it does now, so all is good. I hope that your fix is as easy as mine was robdos! Thanks Greg and NuttyBunny!
    Last edited by shaunn1812; 03/25/2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: update
  20. #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunn1812 View Post
    That's where I looked...it's empty. I haven't set up any accounts yet because I thought I read somewhere that having accounts set up prior to installing the plugin makes it not work properly.

    I tried using 3.0.6 from the thread and 3.0.4 from preware. No luck either way. Thanks for looking into it!

    EDIT: I just looked at Internalz and it's showing the 3.0.4 version...I'm going to try again with 3.0.6. I'll edit again or post back shortly.

    EDIT2: Oh. My. God. I feel like an ***** lol. It worked when I installed 3.0.6 and restarted. I now have access to all the IM providers I can think of. I don't know why it didn't work before, but it does now, so all is good. I hope that your fix is as easy as mine was robdos! Thanks Greg and NuttyBunny!
    Sure, no problem... 3.0.4 had a problem with some pages encoding and no one should had downloaded it
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions