Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunn1812 View Post
    First of all, thanks to Greg for the plugin. But I can't get the thing to work at all. I just Meta-doctored my Bell pre- from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0 2 days ago and attempted to install this ipk by the method in the first post (copy to USB - install from Preware). It seems to install fine, but when I go to add a messaging account after restarting, the only ones there are AIM, Gtalk and Yahoo. I'm looking for MSN Messenger (or equivalent). I've tried to go to "Find More", but there are "No applications found". I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling to no avail. Is there anyone else having these issues? or am I doing something wrong...because that's entirely possible

I'm also having issues getting flash to work, but I'll find another thread for that lol

These are the only 2 things I need to make my Pre do everything I want. Please help!
    Of course, you did restart your Pre after installing, didn't you?
    Yes, you did, and you did install with Preware... weird, what version is this?
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 03/22/2011 at 10:07 PM.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Hey Greg, I think this was not working for me because of the 'new card per conversation' patch. Might wanna add something in the first port about compatibility with patches.

I tried to uninstall the patch while the plugin was installed and that broke my messaging preferences. (can't open prefs now) I can't reinstall the patch or get the plugin working either due to whatever the patch could not restore due to the plugin somehow changing things... Anyways now I need to visit the repair utility and hope that works for 2.1.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Hey Greg, I think this was not working for me because of the 'new card per conversation' patch. Might wanna add something in the first port about compatibility with patches.

I tried to uninstall the patch while the plugin was installed and that broke my messaging preferences. (can't open prefs now) I can't reinstall the patch or get the plugin working either due to whatever the patch could not restore due to the plugin somehow changing things... Anyways now I need to visit the repair utility and hope that works for 2.1.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Well, you surely can't blame Greg about the compatibility with patches. He did his best to not interfere with other system files, but it's your responsibility to uninstall every messaging related patch before installing this, just like the previous version of the messaging plugins.

And something that maybe Rod should mention somewhere, it is wiser to uninstall patches in the same order they got installed, or things can go awry.

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Well, you surely can't blame Greg about the compatibility with patches. He did his best to not interfere with other system files, but it's your responsibility to uninstall every messaging related patch before installing this, just like the previous version of the messaging plugins.

And something that maybe Rod should mention somewhere, it is wiser to uninstall patches in the same order they got installed, or things can go awry.
    odd, I have that patch installed and it is working just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    odd, I have that patch installed and it is working just fine.
    I also use sconix's messaging patches, and no problem at all.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Double check everything, works for several
    Just tried it again, followed step by step, still saying "Login Failed : Not Authorized".
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFate View Post
    Just tried it again, followed step by step, still saying "Login Failed : Not Authorized".
    Make sure you log off from any other place. I think this doesn't support multilogin

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Make sure you log off from any other place. I think this doesn't support multilogin
    I signed out of every service of Facebook that I had running, still no cigar.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    First of all, thanks to Greg for the plugin. But I can't get the thing to work at all. I just Meta-doctored my Bell pre- from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0 2 days ago and attempted to install this ipk by the method in the first post (copy to USB - install from Preware). It seems to install fine, but when I go to add a messaging account after restarting, the only ones there are AIM, Gtalk and Yahoo. I'm looking for MSN Messenger (or equivalent). I've tried to go to "Find More", but there are "No applications found". I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling to no avail. Is there anyone else having these issues? or am I doing something wrong...because that's entirely possible

I'm also having issues getting flash to work, but I'll find another thread for that lol

These are the only 2 things I need to make my Pre do everything I want. Please help!
    I have the same thing. Although I'm running webos 2.1 on a pre 2. We have two of them in the office and my colleagues is the same. Very odd.
    Of course, you did restart your Pre after installing, didn't you?
    Yes, you did, and you did install with Preware... weird, what version is this?
    Yeah man. Followed all the instructions to the T...about 4 times now. tried it with 3.0.6 from the thread and the version that was in preware as of yesterday (3.0.4, I think). I have one other patch installed to show the battery as a percentage, but that's the only other modification I have on the phone.

I thought maybe it was a Bell pre- thing, because I hadn't read about it, but now that I see it's happening on Pre2's as well, I know I'm not alone lol. Thanks for that robdos hahaha
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Yeah man. Followed all the instructions to the T...about 4 times now. tried it with 3.0.6 from the thread and the version that was in preware as of yesterday (3.0.4, I think). I have one other patch installed to show the battery as a percentage, but that's the only other modification I have on the phone.

I thought maybe it was a Bell pre- thing, because I hadn't read about it, but now that I see it's happening on Pre2's as well, I know I'm not alone lol. Thanks for that robdos hahaha
    I did the preware thing too...and I've doctored. Ah well....lets see if anyone else comes up with something!
    2011-03-23T10:43:03.871704Z [14438] palm-webos user.err org.webosinternals.imlibpurpletransport[1995]: [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp] processLoginStates had empty result set
    2011-03-23T10:46:28.475189Z [14643] palm-webos user.warning org.webosinternals.imlibpurpletransport[1995]: [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp] handleConnectionChanged needed to create a signal handler
    2011-03-23T10:48:22.477416Z [14757] palm-webos user.warning org.webosinternals.imlibpurpletransport[1995]: [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp] handleConnectionChanged needed to create a signal handler
    2011-03-23T10:51:52.523254Z [14967] palm-webos user.warning org.webosinternals.imlibpurpletransport[1995]: [org.webosinternals.imlibpurple.serviceApp] handleConnectionChanged needed to create a signal handler
    This is the last output before the messaging-app disconnects without any reconnect (jabber). Maybe it helps greg to debug the problem.
    To the people with the "Not Authorized" problem, do you have "Pidgin" in the resource field? (Uppercase P). If yes, you may try deleting the resource field and see if that helps

Also, you did log on to facebook, went to the page I put and clicked on "Pidgin", right??

www.facebook.com/sitetour/chat.php

It seems that going there you somehow authorize your account for use with the jabber client.

On the other hand, I just read somewhere that you may try using just lowercase letters in your username, in case you have upper and lower case letters.
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 03/23/2011 at 08:25 AM.
    Is there any solution for the reconnection of live messenger?

Have they noticed that GTalk connect better on 3 G than on Wi-Fi?
    Quote Originally Posted by luisgmoespinoza View Post
    Is there any solution for the reconnection of live messenger?
    Not yet, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by luisgmoespinoza View Post
    Have they noticed that GTalk connect better on 3 G than on Wi-Fi?
    It seems more stable in my wifi network, you may have some issues between your Pre and your access point, you should update its firmware so the wifi keeps you online even with the screen turned off.

The messaging app in the Pre prefers Wifi by default, maybe there will be the option to change this behaviour in the future
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    On the other hand, I just read somewhere that you may try using just lowercase letters in your username, in case you have upper and lower case letters.
    That fixed it for me, thanks!
    It seems more stable in my wifi network, you may have some issues between your Pre and your access point, you should update its firmware so the wifi keeps you online even with the screen turned off.
    Nope, same problem here. The messaging-app stays online for like 2 hours and then disconnect over wifi. The wifi is stable and no firmware issues (absolutly no problems on 1.4.5). Tested on 3 different wifis.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    This plugin is awesome! Go have some drinks with my donation an celebrate yourself.

Until the plugin will be available in Preware via feed I found a comfortable way to install the plugin that I'd like to share:

* Just type bit.ly/synmsg (this is a short URL redirecting to the first post in this thread)
    * Copy the link for the appropriate package (press the option key and touch the link)
    * Open Preware and then Menu>Install Package
    * Insert the link (touch the gesture area and press v on your keyboard)
    * Install (and restart)

It worked like a charm for me and I hope it does work for you as well.
    Last edited by shoe; 03/23/2011 at 04:00 PM.
    Also was the fix for me. Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

OK. Palm Pre 2, Unlocked. Just doctored. Set up email accounts. Installed preware using WebOS Quickinstall. Installed Save/Restore (but not executed). Installed the messaging plugin using Preware (Browse, Get Info, Install). Preware asks me to reboot - okiedoekie - but nothing appears. Rebooted manually, still nothing.