02/08/2011, 12:04 PM
Could you open a bug report on the Sourceforge Tracker I linked to in the OP? It allows you to attach test-files and allows me to track the number of outstanding bugs.
Originally Posted by kigmatzomat
Of course, this is a non-issue as soon as I've fixed all the bugs that cause the back-end to crash, but you know, this is an alpha, so such crashes will unfortunately be the normal fare for the immediate future.
Yeah, I tested it mostly with international Gutenberg Project files, many of which were created with Calibre, so I think it's something inside your file that horribly confuses my ePub importer and/or the libxml2 library used by it.
Oh, and it's not my install. I tested with a Baen.com epub ("Fortune's Stroke") and the native alpha imported & displayed the book fine, once I changed encoding to UTF8. Bold, italics, etc all come through. I loaded a Baen palmdoc ("Dance of Time") and it loaded successfully as well, complete with cover art.
A test-file would be really great.