Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jappus View Post
    • Fixed bug that prevented certain MobiPocket books from being imported.
    Thanks! This works great.

• Fixed a bug in the LZ77 decompression engine that caused weird characters to be displayed in some PalmDoc, eReader and MobiPocket books.
    I saw this before, but I assumed that I chose the wrong encoding. I'm glad it's fixed.

I noticed one issue with this build: In previous versions, I tapped the left half of the screen to go back a page and the right half to go forward. In this version, it's changed so that I tap the top half of the screen to go back and the bottom half to go forward. Is this intentional?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Check your settings. It may have reset on a new install.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Martin,

Motorcycling is the best reason not to do programming. Look at MANHOC to see what I mean :-)

But as for Internalz - I do have it in master mode and I still don't get an option to edit the file.

Alan
    When you want to open and edit a File in internalz, you sometimes have to rename the extension to sth. Internalz dont know to view.

For example, when i want to open a m3u, internalz opens the streaming music player and tries to play the PLaylist. When i rename it to "m3_" i can open it an change sth inside the file. When you are ready with editing, dont forget to rename it back to the orignial Filename extension.

Hope this was your problem and i could help you.

Cheers Achim
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Check your settings. It may have reset on a new install.
    I didn't see a setting for controlling whether you tap the left/right half to go back/forward vs top/bottom. I tried toggling "Invert tap", but that only changes what happens when you tap the top or bottom, not whether to divide the screen vertically or horizontally for responding to tapping.

Anyways, I'm using a flick to scroll now, so this doesn't bother me anymore.
    Good news, everyone!

I've just released v0.9.19 to the WebOS-Nation feed and Sourceforge. It should filter down to your devices momentarily. Here's the changelog, which; admittedly, mostly consists of bugfixes.

• Fixed category selection; you should now be able to filter the displayed books by category again.
    • Moved back to stable Libxml2, as it did not fix the problem starting on Pixi devices. If you have a Pixi and can see this, please report that your Pixi works in the forum.

Hi Jappus, tested it and it doesnt work again here on my Pixiplus 1.4.5 :-(

Happy reading!
    Achim
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Martin,

This is the first update where I have NOT had to restart it the first time due to it hanging on me.

Well done.

regards

Alan
  7.    #787  
    Quote Originally Posted by achimi View Post
    Hi Jappus, tested it and it doesnt work again here on my Pixiplus 1.4.5 :-(
    Yeah, I know that at least on your Pixi, the pReader crashes when trying to initialize the LibXML2 library.

Problem is, I only have this one report from you. No other Pixi user reported a crash, but even worse, no Pixi user reported that it works either. As such, with only one bug report to go with, the whole issue might still be due to a bad installation on your device, or a systemic issue on all Pixi devices. Which of course does nothing to devalue your bug report and big help on figuring out that it happens during the LibXML2 init!

Anyway, my call goes out to everyone who still owns a Pixi: Please install the pReader on it and look if it immediately crashes. If it even goes as far as displaying the Changelog screen, then the bug does not affect all devices. But if you can't, then I indeed need to find the bug inside the LibXML2 init that causes the crash.

Thanks again!
  8.    #788  
    Quote Originally Posted by snizar View Post
    I didn't see a setting for controlling whether you tap the left/right half to go back/forward vs top/bottom. I tried toggling "Invert tap", but that only changes what happens when you tap the top or bottom, not whether to divide the screen vertically or horizontally for responding to tapping.

Anyways, I'm using a flick to scroll now, so this doesn't bother me anymore.
    Actually, tapping left/right to go forward/backward shouldn't have worked in the previous version either, as I have never actually implemented that feature. It was always either "up->next; lower->prev" or "up->prev; lower->next". Only flicking worked both vertically as well as horizontally; with the horizontal axis being invertible.

But all that should be a thing of the past in the next version, because I intend to implement a much more powerful selection of taps/flicks and their actions. In the next version, you will be able to freely customize all 5 tap areas (top/bottom/left/right/center), 5 tap&hold areas and 8 flick directions. Furthermore, I want to investigate if multitouch swipes can be used to implement the missed "back-gesture" on TouchPads. If they can be used; you will also be able to customize at least 3 more multitouch swipe directions.

Of course, I will also offer a few presets for those who are accustomed to the old behaviour or are not interested in fine-tuning this stuff.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Actually, tapping left/right to go forward/backward shouldn't have worked in the previous version either, as I have never actually implemented that feature. It was always either "up->next; lower->prev" or "up->prev; lower->next". Only flicking worked both vertically as well as horizontally; with the horizontal axis being invertible.

But all that should be a thing of the past in the next version, because I intend to implement a much more powerful selection of taps/flicks and their actions. In the next version, you will be able to freely customize all 5 tap areas (top/bottom/left/right/center), 5 tap&hold areas and 8 flick directions. Furthermore, I want to investigate if multitouch swipes can be used to implement the missed "back-gesture" on TouchPads. If they can be used; you will also be able to customize at least 3 more multitouch swipe directions.

Of course, I will also offer a few presets for those who are accustomed to the old behaviour or are not interested in fine-tuning this stuff.
    Thanks for the possibilities, but on thing I miss more is the nice page turn animation that the kindle reader has. I know it is only an ey catcher, but I realy miss it. Sometimes I'm not sure if the page has turned as it happens that fast right now.

HaPe

P.s. If I would have the skills to implement it I would do it and send it to you. But my C skills are to rosty for that.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    That makes sense. I think I mixed up the navigation in pReader with the navigation in the Adobe Acrobat app.

Unfortunately, I found another mobi book that doesn't work:
    https://github.s3.amazonaws.com/media/pro-git.en.mobi
  11.    #791  
    Thanks. I'll take a look at it and try to figure out what goes wrong with that file. Thankfully, debugging the back-end now that it's C++ is much easier than when it was still purely JavaScript and I had to do everything on the device itself.

Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Thanks for the possibilities, but on thing I miss more is the nice page turn animation that the kindle reader has. I know it is only an ey catcher, but I realy miss it. Sometimes I'm not sure if the page has turned as it happens that fast right now.
    Well, I'm occasionally thinking about what I'd need to present an animation for page-turning.

Basically, it boils down to writing in in HTML5 and JavaScript. There are some such implementations out there, but they either look horrible, or are under a restrictive license, or the code is virtually impossible to use or are just animated pictures.

If I have really large amounts of free time at some point, I'll look into whether or not it can be done as a JavaScript HTML Canvas animation/transformation. I have seen some nice stuff out there that tells me that it might just be possible, if not exactly easy.

Of course, if you know a JavaScript hacker who is capable, just point him in my general direction.
    I'm a newby on here and just loaded v0.9.19 on my touchpad and love it. But I can't get an ACSM ebook I purchased on her.

Am I doing something wrong or is that format not supported yet.

My apologies if you've answered this question already.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    From the internet:

When you borrow a ebook from public Library, what you are really downloading is an .acsm file. There is a lot of confusion about this file type as the .acsm is not your actual eBook. It is just a link to your eBook that allows a program like Digital Editions to download the actual book, When Digital Editions sees the .acsm file it will automatically download the PDF or ePUB file, which is the actual eBook,
    If you do have Adobe Digital Editions installed and authorized correctly, then you won’t even see the .acsm file at all. It will do its job in the background of your ebook download. The purpose of this file is to communicate with Adobe’s content server and register the ebook to the Adobe ID that you have used to authorize ADE.
    A short followup to Alan's reply - currently pReader does not support the ADE DRM so opening the book associated with your acsm file isn't possible. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $nothing$ $on$ $webOS$ $supports$ $ADE$. $If$ $you$ $really$ $want$ $that$ $book$ $on$ $your$ $WebOS$ $device$, $install$ $Calibre$, $search$ $for$ &$amp$; $install$ $the$ $Calibre$ $DRM$ $plugins$, $and$ $you$ $can$ $remove$ $the$ $DRM$ $if$ $you$ $choose$. $It$'$s$ $very$ $easy$ $to$ $set$ $up$ &$amp$; $use$, $but$ $you$'$ll$ $have$ $to$ $search$ $for$ $the$ $plugins$. $I$ $won$'$t$ $post$ $a$ $link$ $to$ $tools$ $to$ $defeat$ $copyright$ $protections$ $here$.
    As per request I have installed the latest version from preware on my PixiPlus to test. Does the same thing its done throughout the entire 9x series. Brings up the screen that says initializing preader and hangs. Does not succeed at any of the three tasks no matter how long its given (tested up to 45 minutes). This is on a clean doctor nothing else installed no patches programs etc. If you need more info let me know what you need. I'd really like to see this working again on the Pixi.

in the meantime could you post a copy of the last known version which worked on the pixi so we have something other than the app catalog version? (this is why I don't care for this web 2.0 approach to things. Latest and greatest... And nothing else.)
    @raithe If you go to the Sourceforge link in the first post of this thread, there are several versions pre 0.9 available there.
    @govotsos

Oh.... I.... !#@% I hate it when I miss something obvious like that. My apologies.

I'll try and pinpoint exactly where the issue started then so I can contribute something more useful than "yep, doesn't work"
    Quote Originally Posted by raithe View Post
    @govotsos

Oh.... I.... !#@% I hate it when I miss something obvious like that. My apologies.

I'll try and pinpoint exactly where the issue started then so I can contribute something more useful than "yep, doesn't work"
    Hey, don't sweat it. We're 40 pages into this thread & it's easy to forget.
  19.    #799  
    That makes sense. I think I mixed up the navigation in pReader with the navigation in the Adobe Acrobat app.

Just as a heads-up: I found and fixed the error that prevented this particular book from being imported right.

It basically affected all MobiPocket books that used one of the two default compressions, namely the proprietary "Huff-CDIC" compression; which is an evolution on the much more common LZ77 as used in eReader and PalmDOC. Thankfully, Huff-CDIC is used only in comparatively few files; as most go for the considerably simpler but almost as efficient LZ77.

Anyway, another bug squashed and while I was at it, I also sped up Huff-CDIC a slight bit (some 5% or so)
  20.    #800  
    Quote Originally Posted by raithe View Post
    Hi Raithe.

Thanks for your help. Even a "yep, doesn't work" helps me greatly, as it verifies that it is a pervasive issue affecting all Pixis. Of course, if you could do a quick sweep of the previous versions to see if they all failed; that'd be also great.

But don't sweat it if you can't find any that work, as the issue seems to be with libxml2; a back-end library I use to parse XML and HTML files. It crashes hard during the initialization, but ONLY on Pixis. It also has nothing to do with the executable itself, as the Pixi executable works perfectly fine on both Pre and TouchPad devices.

There seems to be something unique in either the CPU or the OS (a damaged shared lib, perhaps?) that's causing this crash.

If you feel up to the task, it'd be really great if you could install the WebOS SDK on that Pixi after putting it in developer mode. That way, I could send you a version of the pReader that has all the debugging symbols enabled, so we could use the debugger installed by the SDK to check exactly which part of the system is causing the crash.