Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 917
Like Tree43Likes
  1. #721  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Martin, I've done something and lost the top menu. How do I get it back so I can get back to the library?

    alan
    Sounds like you're in full screen mode. Tap & hold on the center of the screen until the menu re-appears.
  2. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #722  
    Thanks but that doesn't do anything.

    I'll try a reboot.

    edit. No, no difference. If I tap and hold anywhere but the centre line, I can change from arrows and a centre percent to a blue line, but I never get the top menu so I can't get back to the library.

    help????

    alan
    Last edited by alan sh; 02/26/2012 at 03:40 AM.
  3. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #723  
    help......
  4. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #724  
    I de-installed and re-installed the app. That worked.

    just fyi, the first time I ran it up, it hung before the first OK. Second time was ok.

    alan
  5. #725  
    Hi, i am using a Pixi-Plus with 1.4.5.

    I have also the hang, when i try to start the Alpha.

    I want to help you finding the bug, but:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jappus View Post
    Argh!

    You could try temporarily renaming the "/media/internal/appdata/com.mhwsoft.preader-native/.library" folder. This will cause the pReader to re-initialize a new library. If that does not work, could you please send me the "/var/log/messages" file. That contains the debugging messages generated by the pReader (and other apps).

    Just drop me a PM, and I'll send you my E-Mail address.

    Thanks!
    I cant find this subfolders in my appdata-Folder.
    I installed the Fstab-fix an these 2 services from Jason (Filemnger and Sysservices) and i can use also Navit.

    i ll send you a PM with my PM-Adress because i want to send you my messages-File.

    regards Achim
  6.    #726  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I de-installed and re-installed the app. That worked.

    just fyi, the first time I ran it up, it hung before the first OK. Second time was ok.
    Mhhm, it's very strange that the tap&hold on the top half of the screen did not work. I know that it sometimes does not work directly after having just tapped&held, but in that case a single regular tap will solve that. That's a WebOS-Bug, though, so nothing I can change.

    Also, no matter where you are, going back to the library should deactivate the fullscreen mode and make the options menu accessible again, where you can toggle the fullscreen mode, too. This is of course impossible on the TouchPad (where there is no "go back" slide), but then again, it's also not possible to get rid of the top bar on the TouchPad at all, so it's no big issue there, either.


    Ohh, and yeah, originally, I wanted to do a release this weekend, but something else came up and ate all my free time these last few days. But the update will come, no worries -- after all, the most important parts of it are already in the SVN repo, so not even a sudden author existence failure could prevent it now.


    Not that I'm planning something like that.
  7. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #727  
    Sorry Martin, but it is possible to get rid of the top bar - because that is what happened - no top bar, no menu.... Full screen mode was just that. Full screen!

    And, please don't disappear - we need you!!!!!!
  8. wla2000's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #728  
    I've run into a problem with the Native Alpha version of pReader. When I tap on the dictionary button,then choose a dictionary (dictionary.com or any other) then tap on OK, nothing happens. This used to work - don't know when it stopped. Any solutions? Thanks.
  9. #729  
    Quote Originally Posted by wla2000 View Post
    I've run into a problem with the Native Alpha version of pReader. When I tap on the dictionary button,then choose a dictionary (dictionary.com or any other) then tap on OK, nothing happens. This used to work - don't know when it stopped. Any solutions? Thanks.
    Stupid question - do you have WiFi or Mobile data enabled?
  10.    #730  
    Quote Originally Posted by wla2000 View Post
    I've run into a problem with the Native Alpha version of pReader. When I tap on the dictionary button,then choose a dictionary (dictionary.com or any other) then tap on OK, nothing happens. This used to work - don't know when it stopped. Any solutions? Thanks.
    Found and fixed the bug. Thanks!


    And to be honest, this feature stopped working at least 4 months ago, without anybody ever noticing it (including me!). I think that pretty much tells you how often this feature is used...
  11.    #731  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Sorry Martin, but it is possible to get rid of the top bar - because that is what happened - no top bar, no menu.... Full screen mode was just that. Full screen!
    I will take a look at it and see whether I can find anything. But if you can find a way to reliably replicate the issue, that'd be great!
  12. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #732  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jappus View Post
    I will take a look at it and see whether I can find anything. But if you can find a way to reliably replicate the issue, that'd be great!
    i have tried. but no success yet. its some finger press/slide combination that is rare. i will keep trying.

    alan
  13.    #733  
    Good news, everyone!


    I've just updated the app to v0.9.18. It should filter down to your devices soon. If not, you can always just take the version from SourceForge (link in the first posting).

    Here's the changelog:

    1. Greatly simplified page fitting algorithms. Pages should now load almost instantaneously.
    2. Fixed issue with margins not being treated correctly.
    3. Fixed issue with page ends/starts not matching correctly.
    4. Fixed a long-standing bug that prevented the dictionary-mode from working.
    5. Switched back-end to use developer-snapshot libxml2 to fix a Pixi crash-on-load bug caused by libxml 2.7.8.



    Of course, I intended to release this update already last week, but an iffy little thing called Mass Effect 3 crossed my path and tuned out to be surprisingly good at killing any thought of spending my free time on something else.


    Happy Reading!
    BradE#WN and geekpeter like this.
  14. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #734  
    Martin, just downloaded this. Many thanks.

    I still have the minor issue that the first time I start it, it hangs before the first OK. Throw the card off the screen, start it again and its fine.

    Any idea what that is?

    Alan
  15.    #735  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Martin, just downloaded this. Many thanks.

    I still have the minor issue that the first time I start it, it hangs before the first OK. Throw the card off the screen, start it again and its fine.

    Any idea what that is?
    WebOS behaves badly after installing an IPK. Basically, 99% of the CPU-time is spent doing post-processing for the app and packaging system. On top of that, the Jailing Daemon has to regenerate the application's jail on the first start after an update, so that too costs lots of CPU time and Disk-IO.

    This obviously makes the entire system grind to a halt. In my debugging environment, that issue is pretty transient and vanishes after 5-15 seconds. So, just wait; nothing should permanently crash.


    If that doesn't help, I'd really be interested in your system log [1].


    [1] - var/log/messages and whatever Lumberjack can read from Mojo
  16. #736  
    @Jappus

    I havent taken the time to say 'thank you' for your work and, w/ the amount of reading that I've been getting done, I feel a bit guilty. Your contribution and dedication to this app/platform are much valued and the integrated features easily make pReader the best of its kind. One of my favorite is Themes - I've found brown on a black background to be very easy on the eyes at bedtime. In a way it all takes me back to the blissful Palm PDA days.

    Once again, for this awesome app, the time and the attention, I say danke! They're much appreciated.
  17. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #737  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Sorry Martin, but it is possible to get rid of the top bar - because that is what happened - no top bar, no menu.... Full screen mode was just that. Full screen!

    And, please don't disappear - we need you!!!!!!
    Alan sh - I have had this and the pressing of the screen DOES work - but only if the device is held in Portrait. In Landscape, only the bottom bars appear/disappear. If you want the top menu bar you must put the device in Portrait.

    Odd, but that's we we love webOS :-)

    Great app Jappus - and just keeps getting better.
    alan sh likes this.
  18. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #738  
    Damn - I never thought of trying that. Well done Mike.

    Martin - any ideas if this is fixable? [Although now I know, I can sort it myself next time]

    Alan
  19. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #739  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jappus View Post
    WebOS behaves badly after installing an IPK. Basically, 99% of the CPU-time is spent doing post-processing for the app and packaging system. On top of that, the Jailing Daemon has to regenerate the application's jail on the first start after an update, so that too costs lots of CPU time and Disk-IO.

    This obviously makes the entire system grind to a halt. In my debugging environment, that issue is pretty transient and vanishes after 5-15 seconds. So, just wait; nothing should permanently crash.


    If that doesn't help, I'd really be interested in your system log [1].


    [1] - var/log/messages and whatever Lumberjack can read from Mojo
    OK - just me being too keen. Thanks

    Alan
  20.    #740  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Damn - I never thought of trying that. Well done Mike.

    Martin - any ideas if this is fixable? [Although now I know, I can sort it myself next time]
    Nope. The top-bar automatically deactivates itself in "Landscape" or "Upside Down" mode. This is hard-wired WebOS behaviour (at least for Pre/Pixi devices; on TouchPad the top bar NEVER vanishes).

    That's also why I didn't think about pointing that out. I thought it was common knowledge that you'll never see a top bar on anything but the "display on top; gesture area below" mode. Heh, sometimes being a developer and knowing the internal oddities and abysses of WebOS first-hand does cloud your view; who'd have guessed.

    Of course, if you disable the free rotation completely and force any other mode, you're of course sh!t-out-of-luck. Nothing one can do about that.

Posting Permissions