Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
    Mr. Jappus,

Thank you for making the Native pReader full size on the TouchPad.

I need to bring your attention to possible Native pReader problems:
    [...]
    Hi!

Thanks for the bug report. But as Govotsos has already kindly pointed out: Could you send me one example file each? Because without such a file, I can't exactly fix the bug and even if I accidentally found it, couldn't verify if it is actually gone.

Just drop me a PM, and I'll send you my E-Mail address.
  2.    #382  
    And by the way guys and gals:

Tomorrow I'll finally (FINALLY!) release the next pReader version. I've fixed the last two nasty bugs with loading large book libraries and only a small cosmetic issue still remains.

The next version should not have any problem loading many books and displaying the library correctly. I've just tested it with >600 books and everything works (apart from a very minor graphical glitch). The library does take a few seconds to load, but as soon as it is loaded, everything runs smoothly.

As soon as I've released that next version, I'll concentrate on getting rid of the last few formatting bugs and open issues in the BugTracker on SourceForge. Then, I'll implement the missing autoscrollers, and that will be the last feature that's still missing before I label the native version with v0.9.0.

Why is this version so important? Well, because v0.9.0 will be the one that will replace the old JSJSJS $pReader$ $in$ $the$ $App$ $Catalog$, $that$'$s$ $why$.
    hydin likes this.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Really looking forward to this update!
    Thanks a lot to the author!

Quote Originally Posted by Jappus View Post
    And by the way guys and gals:

Tomorrow I'll finally (FINALLY!) release the next pReader version. I've fixed the last two nasty bugs with loading large book libraries and only a small cosmetic issue still remains.

The next version should not have any problem loading many books and displaying the library correctly. I've just tested it with >600 books and everything works (apart from a very minor graphical glitch). The library does take a few seconds to load, but as soon as it is loaded, everything runs smoothly.

As soon as I've released that next version, I'll concentrate on getting rid of the last few formatting bugs and open issues in the BugTracker on SourceForge. Then, I'll implement the missing autoscrollers, and that will be the last feature that's still missing before I label the native version with v0.9.0.

Why is this version so important? Well, because v0.9.0 will be the one that will replace the old JSJSJS $pReader$ $in$ $the$ $App$ $Catalog$, $that$'$s$ $why$.
    Yippee!!
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    ok - where is it?
  6.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    ok - where is it?
    Should be in the PreCentral feed in a few hours. I just have to wrangle with one minor library layout bug (the library list looks weird, but is usable when many books are open) and the margin-support (mostly for Touchpad users).

So, patience young ones.
    @jappus Will you be updating the first post as well?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    will you also upload it to sourceforge? thanks.
    Hello!
    First of all, I want to say a big THANKS to the developer of this reader.
    I'm sorry for my bad English.. I had a problem with the reader: my library is in FB2 format and I converted it in txt format, but on about 22 percent I had a empty white screen in reader. It happened with every book. I was very sad and returned to reading from my old Fujitsu-Siemens N560. But today I have seen on the depositary, that pReader have update to 0.9.10 version and I had 0.9.8 version. With hope, that my problem was solved, I updated the reader and the new problem comes I started the program, opened the file and recieved empry screen and the phone restarting. Then I several times removed the program and then installed it, but with the same result. Now I want to try to make my library empty first and then import the books again.. maybe it helps.
    @inf_ini What language are the books in? Can you attach one of the original FB2 books and the txt converted version of the same book to a reply? What are you using to convert the books? Having a copy of the books would help immensely.
    Hi there,

Awesome work, reading this is just about enough to make me pull the trigger on a touchpad, thank you.

Quick question; is it possible, and if so do you intend, to support Adobe Digital Editions DRM on epub so that ebooks purchased from kobo can be read on pReader?

Kind regards

Jedibeeftrix
    I am getting a new Palm Pre Plus up and running that is replacing my old one that had lots of wear and tear. I'm running WebOS ver1.4.5.1 and the version of pReader Native on my old Pre Plus worked fine, but now on the new phone it won't load any books, i.e. epub's. It says there is a Library failure. The directories it asked me to check didn't exist so I made one called /media/internal and dropped some books in there but no help either. I tried downloading from Sourceforge and Preware and no change.

The non-native version downloaded from the store works fine.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Curtis
    Montana
    Last edited by cloudyifr; 09/24/2011 at 08:14 AM.
  13.    #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @jappus Will you be updating the first post as well?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by sinepi View Post
    will you also upload it to sourceforge? thanks.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyifr View Post
    I am getting a new Palm Pre Plus up and running that is replacing my old one that had lots of wear and tear. I'm running WebOS ver1.4.5.1 and the version of pReader Native on my old Pre Plus worked fine, but now on the new phone it won't load any books, i.e. epub's. It says there is a Library failure. The directories it asked me to check didn't exist so I made one called /media/internal and dropped some books in there but no help either. I tried downloading from Sourceforge and Preware and no change.
    Hi.

Most likely, you still have the fstab-bug that prevents the pReader from writing to the "/media/internal" partition (which is the same thing that you see when you connect your Pre to a PC). Check if you can apply the "Emergency Fstab Fixer" that is offered as a patch in PreWare.

If that doesn't help, try installing the new v0.9.11 version of the pReader (announcement below). And if that doesn't help either, could you please install InternalZ and use it to copy the /var/log/messages file to your USB-partition (/media/internal) after you've run the pReader again.

Thanks!
  14.    #394  
    Good news everyone!

I've just released v0.9.11 to the Precentral application feed. It should filter down to your devices in the next few hours.

Here's the list of changes:
    1. Added optional text margin setting. The default is a 5% horizontal margin.
    2. Changed how books are imported and the library is loaded. Even very large libraries should now display correctly. Do note though, that there is still a slight and occassional visual bug with very large library lists (~500 books visible at once).
    3. Fixed bug that caused the import of books with certain characters to fail.
    4. Fixed bug that caused certain images to not be displayed.
    5. Changed default encoding from CP-1252 to UTF-8.
    6. Fixed lots of little other bugs, memory leaks and inconsistencies.
    7. On the request of several users, made the donation link more visible by adding it as a menu-entry on the library screen.

So, happy reading everyone!

And if you notice any new bugs, don't hesitate to post them, as the next release won't be a feature-release, but rather an extensive bugfix-release.
    Last edited by Jappus; 09/24/2011 at 08:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @inf_ini What language are the books in? Can you attach one of the original FB2 books and the txt converted version of the same book to a reply? What are you using to convert the books? Having a copy of the books would help immensely.
    All of books are in russian language.
    Now I have more serious problem. 0.9.10 version works incorrect in my device (Pixi Plus). I can't add books to the library, even simple txt files. If I try to do that - device after some time become "frozen" and then restart.
    Now I write from another computer and can't say what convertion program have I used and also can't attach files.
    Maybe it is necessary to do "full removing" of the program, but I dont know how to do it
    Last edited by inf_ini; 09/24/2011 at 09:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I have just updated from 9.10 to 9.11. Started up the app (no reboot) and it is just sitting there saying "loading library..." and 0% on the right.

my library had about 40 books in it.

So, now what? I'll try a reboot.

edit. A Luna restart sorted it out.

alan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
    Hi there,

Awesome work, reading this is just about enough to make me pull the trigger on a touchpad, thank you.

Quick question; is it possible, and if so do you intend, to support Adobe Digital Editions DRM on epub so that ebooks purchased from kobo can be read on pReader?

Kind regards

Jedibeeftrix
    Jappus, the developer, has often said that ADE support within pReader will not be coming soon if ever because the DRM used is not open & a reverse engineered solution is not available for him to use.

Some users here have reported success using Calibre and a plugin to convert the books & remove the DRM. Look back a bit here of use your favorite search engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by inf_ini View Post
    All of books are in russian language.
    Now I have more serious problem. 0.9.10 version works incorrect in my device (Pixi Plus). I can't add books to the library, even simple txt files. If I try to do that - device after some time become "frozen" and then restart.
    Now I write from another computer and can't say what convertion program have I used and also can't attach files.
    Maybe it is necessary to do "full removing" of the program, but I dont know how to do it
    Just to make sure it SHOULD work, check what version of webOS your Pixi is using. Open the Device Info app. If it doesn't list the OS version as 1.4.5 or higher, the native version of pReader will not work on your Pixi. You will need to install the version in the App Catalog instead.

To remove an app, hold down the key in the lower left corner of the keyboard that looks like a solid square and tap on the icon for the app. A menu will come up asking you to delete. After doing that, restart your phone - run the Device Info app, tap restart options (it's at the bottom of the screen & you'll have to scroll the screen to see it), select restart.

After you re-install the app, the first thing you're going to want to do (BEFORE importing any books) is change the character encoding since you are reading Russian text. To do this, in the top left corner of the screen, you will see the application's menu (it's the app name - pReader). Swipe your finger down across the menu and select Preferences.

pReader is VERY configurable so there are many options. Later, look through them so you can configure pReader to fit your tastes. Right now, we're only interested in one setting. Tap on the section labeled TEXT DISPLAY. Near the bottom of that list, tap on DEF ENCODING. Select the encoding appropriate for Russian - I'm not sure which, but I think there's one called Cyrillic or one that starts with RU followed by some numbers. Scroll to the very top of this screen & tap the left pointing arrow to return to the library.

Now, any Cyrillic books you successfully import should properly display in Russian. To help with success in opening books, some users have reported that restarting the phone is helpfull. Just do the same steps as above.

Before opening a text file in pReader, open it on your computer to make sure the text file appears correctly & isn't damaged. Also, make sure there are no special characters in the file name - it's safest to only use letters, numbers, and the underscore ( _ ). I'm not certain if it's necessary, but you might want to make sure to only use characters in the Latin alphabet (A - Z & a - z) the file handler might not handle Cyrillic characters correctly. Copy that book to your Pixi and see if it imports correctly. If it doesn't, there's a problem. Attach that file to a reply here so it can be looked into.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quick question... just downloaded the newest release and I am about to lob around 3000 books at it as a test (hey, if it works, awesome, if not, I plan to do it in 500 book sections )

Is there something I can add or change in the program itself so that it shows the "series" option metatag from calibre? I know it shows display name, title, author, etc , but I was wondering if there was something I could change or alter in either the program or in calibre so the filter works.

If it helps, I am on a touchpad.

Thanks a bunch!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I've noticed that when preader native is open CPU 1 is using 100% CPU. I'm wondering why this is since the page is loaded on screen. I thought maybe prefetch but even after 5mins it's still 100% when left on the same page. Just sucks for battery life is this on radar or a bug you already know about.

preader 9.11