Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I tend to read books in landscape mode. But when I click on 'go back' from the menu, it changes orientation to portrait.

is there a way to stop this happening?

alan
    @Jappus here's the messages file (it's cut down but still really big)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38370709/messages

I was outside city, that's why i'm so late
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    ANother bug?

I have about 40-50 books loaded. WHen I scroll down the list, the bottom few titles don't immediately appear and the last two only appear when I scroll past the end - and therefore I can never select them (because the list bounces back down again).

Does this make sense?

Alan
    I apologize if this has already been covered. Does the alpha release support B&N DRM?
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I tend to read books in landscape mode. But when I click on 'go back' from the menu, it changes orientation to portrait.

is there a way to stop this happening?

alan
    In the preferences you can change the default orientation.
    Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    I apologize if this has already been covered. Does the alpha release support B&N DRM?
    It supports B&N DRM for files that end in .pub. ePub DRM support is coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    It supports B&N DRM for files that end in .pub. ePub DRM support is coming.
    Thanks for the info!
    In the full app when you entered a cat it would store it an the next book all you had to do was just click on it from a list... in the native it seems i have to type it in each time... any plan to add that functionality?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    when I try to load my book I get these symbols at the beginning of some lines and sometimes in the line. I have no idea how to show them to you they are a a with a ^over it. It is only in this program if I load the same book with adobe they are not there I have uses the 1252 and the ut8 and and the encoding is set to ascii
    Quote Originally Posted by grifter77 View Post
    when I try to load my book I get these symbols at the beginning of some lines and sometimes in the line. I have no idea how to show them to you they are a a with a ^over it. It is only in this program if I load the same book with adobe they are not there I have uses the 1252 and the ut8 and and the encoding is set to ascii
    Can you attach a sample file that is doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by SavalBork View Post
    Just wondering if I am still the only one having trouble with symbols being inserted for apostrophes and such, even after changing to UTF-8 & CP-1252 and starting from a clean source? Thanks.
    Can you attach a sample file?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Ran into a small problem, but I imagine it's an easy fix.

I removed the program, and when I reinstalled it today, it still does the "loading library 0%" thing.

Is there a file I have to delete?

Also, since I am incredibly new at this touchpad webos, is there a file manager to download, in order to delete said file?
    Quote Originally Posted by hydin View Post
    Ran into a small problem, but I imagine it's an easy fix.

I removed the program, and when I reinstalled it today, it still does the "loading library 0%" thing.

Is there a file I have to delete?

Also, since I am incredibly new at this touchpad webos, is there a file manager to download, in order to delete said file?
    WELCOME to the community - there are a few good file managers. I reccomend 2 --
    Hopefully you have installed preware if not here is some reading for you
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    as far as file managers go download internalz from the app catalog and also there is the Gemini file manager -- great apps one and all and a person could not go wrong having both on their device -- hope this helps
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  14.    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandrius View Post
    @Jappus here's the messages file (it's cut down but still really big)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38370709/messages

I was outside city, that's why i'm so late
    Mhhhm, I've looked over it and there are lots of errors that are reported, but none point directly at any one reason for the crash.

The first error I see is during the write-test, where the pReader ascertains that it can write to your USB partition (/media/internal). But the error does not actually point to a reason within the pReader, but rather with some weird error within WebOS itself.

Anyway, the second easily visible error is more specific and occurs right at the end: The pReader tells me that it can't read a specific book. Usually, that should not hurt, but in your case it crashes the application -- and maybe the entire phone.

At that point, did you actually see the pReader GUI and selected the book ("The Stand") yourself, or did the pReader try to automatically open that book?.

Thanks!
    Hey so I was using preader in fullscreen mode on my Touchpad, but can't quite figure out how to exit fullscreen mode, as the top left menu is no longer available.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I've tried this version. successfully added about 300 epub books I had from calibre.

Added successfully and showed up. However if I get out of the application or reboot and run the reader, it stays on catalog loading for and seems hung (have usually rebooted after about 15 minutes)

Is there a file limitation on the reader?

thanks
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by davecgc View Post
    I've tried this version. successfully added about 300 epub books I had from calibre.

Added successfully and showed up. However if I get out of the application or reboot and run the reader, it stays on catalog loading for and seems hung (have usually rebooted after about 15 minutes)

Is there a file limitation on the reader?
    Limitation, no. Just a nasty bug that I've squashed yesterday. The next version should handle thousands upon thousands of files.

Expect a new bugfix release in the next few days.
  18.    #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman555 View Post
    Hey so I was using preader in fullscreen mode on my Touchpad, but can't quite figure out how to exit fullscreen mode, as the top left menu is no longer available.

Any suggestions?
    Yep. Just tap & hold the top part of the screen. The pReader should automatically leave the fullscreen mode.

And yes, I know the GUI on the TouchPad is not yet optimal, as the omission of the back-gesture without any actual replacement introduced lots of user-unfriendliness. Anyway, perhaps later I'll be able to remedy that, but at the moment, there are other show-stopping bugs to fix.
    what is the better file format? mobi or epub? are they both supported? about to upload about 25 books to this wonderful app.
    I've found the ePub support to be excellent with ePub with images files from Project Gutenberg.