Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 917
Like Tree43Likes
  1.    #221  
    Good news everyone!


    I've just submitted v0.9.10 to the PreCentral feed. It should filter down to your devices soon. It is basically a hotfix release for a bug that was brought to my attention by a fellow German user. Somewhere during the last few changes I managed to introduce a small bug that caused all imports to fail that were run on files with international characters in their filename. Things like Umlauts, which are littered all around the German language

    Well, that's what you get for only trying to import English books during the implementation of the MobiPocket and HTML import filters.


    Anyway, that bug is fixed with v0.9.10 now. Thanks to Hans-Peter for reporting the bug to me.
  2. #222  
    Has anyone had a "too many cards open" error when reading for a while or is it just me. Doing some testing now to see if I can repeat. I am using a Pre 2 with WEBOS 2.1. I have never had a "too many cards open error" ever. Will keep you posted. <pun intended>.
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsparks2 View Post
    Has anyone had a "too many cards open" error when reading for a while or is it just me. Doing some testing now to see if I can repeat. I am using a Pre 2 with WEBOS 2.1. I have never had a "too many cards open error" ever. Will keep you posted. <pun intended>.
    Mhhhm, I personally didn't encounter that (well, more than usual anyway), but it could be that there's a memory leak somewhere in the back-end. My current "emergency" build-setup on my Laptop does lack the Visual Leak Detector that I used to use on my actual build machine. I'll make sure to install it and give it a spin though. If I find any relevant leaks, I'll let you know and publish a new leak-free version.


    But even if there are leaks, just quitting the pReader should be enough to clear up the leaked memory... that is if HP didn't do something momentuously stupid with WebOS 2.1.
  4. #224  
    Just updated to the newest version (0.9.10 from 0.9.8) on my Pixi plus, app became unable to use. After starting up and loading book app simply freezes whole system what causes restart
    Sad panda

    Any help?
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandrius View Post
    Just updated to the newest version (0.9.10 from 0.9.8) on my Pixi plus, app became unable to use. After starting up and loading book app simply freezes whole system what causes restart
    Sad panda

    Any help?
    Could you use InternalZ, copy out the "/var/log/messages" file and post it here? It should contain the logs generated by the pReader frontend and backend -- plus logs from all the other apps and internal WebOS services. So, if you want to keep the file size down, you can simply delete all lines that don't contain the phrase "preader".

    If the file's too big to append here (even after compressing it) or you don't want to post it publically, just drop me a PM and I'll send you my E-Mail address so that you can send me the file.


    Thanks!
  6. #226  
    small bug -- not reall important --i have a day and a night theme -- if i try to change themes the app locks up i have to close the app and re open it
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  7. #227  
    Could you update the sourceforge with updates as well ?
    For some reason ive tried to register and cant get it from the precentral source, though i do seem to be able to login to the forum. Got Touchpad yesterday this sounds like a decent app.
  8. #228  
    looks promising, time to get reading, inbetween F5 refreshes of various sites.
  9. #229  
    Okay so I've been searching for a while now and have yet to find an answer. Once I have the program installed, how exactly do I get my books to be viewable? I DL'd a gutenburg pdf on my computer and pasted it into the root directory but pReader is not finding it... Is there a folder I need to make in the root or is it best to download documents from the touchpad browser? I'm confused...
  10. #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond_jigsaw View Post
    Okay so I've been searching for a while now and have yet to find an answer. Once I have the program installed, how exactly do I get my books to be viewable? I DL'd a gutenburg pdf on my computer and pasted it into the root directory but pReader is not finding it... Is there a folder I need to make in the root or is it best to download documents from the touchpad browser? I'm confused...
    when you click on add a book to the library you have the following choices
    palmdoc/ereader/mobipocker
    epub
    kindle azw
    text/ html
    i see no choice for PDF -- don't think it is supported -- you will have to use quick office for that --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond_jigsaw View Post
    Okay so I've been searching for a while now and have yet to find an answer. Once I have the program installed, how exactly do I get my books to be viewable? I DL'd a gutenburg pdf on my computer and pasted it into the root directory but pReader is not finding it... Is there a folder I need to make in the root or is it best to download documents from the touchpad browser? I'm confused...
    Like mespiff said, pdf is not a format supported. From Gutenberg, your best choice is ePub with or without images.
  12. #232  
    Is there any guide for getting this app on a touchpad when I try to DL it from this site I get a Does not support Mime format and when I try to install it from the hp ap store I cant find it in the list
    Any help is greatly appreciated
  13. #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by e8ghtball View Post
    Is there any guide for getting this app on a touchpad when I try to DL it from this site I get a Does not support Mime format and when I try to install it from the hp ap store I cant find it in the list
    Any help is greatly appreciated
    The easiest way to install it is through preware. After you start preware, tap the looking glass in the top corner. Type "preader" without the quotes & tap enter. 2 entries will appear. Tap on pReader native, then tap install. You're done. Go grab some books & enjoy.

    If you don't know how to install preware, purchase the "preware Homebrew Documentation" app from the App Catalog. It has all the instructions, is only 99 & supports the Homebrew community.
  14. #234  
    Hi all!

    I have installed the app (latest from Preware), but it doesn't load any of my books (txt)
    It just shows the spinner for like 10 seconds and does nothing.

    All my books are in Russian, and encoded CP-1251
  15. #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsparks2 View Post
    Has anyone had a "too many cards open" error when reading for a while or is it just me. Doing some testing now to see if I can repeat. I am using a Pre 2 with WEBOS 2.1. I have never had a "too many cards open error" ever. Will keep you posted. <pun intended>.
    I have not encountered the error again.
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Like mespiff said, pdf is not a format supported. From Gutenberg, your best choice is ePub with or without images.
    Okay that works. So then my next question is where should I put the book file on the device so that it can be read?
  17. hankbuddy's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #237  
    My experience is that it will find it pretty much wherever you put it. I made a new folder called ebooks just to make it easy to keep track of them.
  18. #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond_jigsaw View Post
    Okay that works. So then my next question is where should I put the book file on the device so that it can be read?
    If you're using the non-native version of pReader, it uses webOS' file picker which basically means you can put files anywhere in /media/internal & subfolders.

    If you're using the native version of pReader, jappus has developed a directory traversing file picker. What this means is you can organize your book files in folders if you want. When you add a book & select the type, just go to the directory that you placed the files, select files (note - the native version will allow you to import more than 1 file at a time), and import.

    Whichever version you're using, once the book has been added to the library, the original file is no longer needed & can be deleted if you need the space or want to be tidy

    When the books are imported, pReader places them in its own database. To back up the database & some other info, make sure you use the Save / Restore app from preware to backup. Make sure you use the backup for the correct (native or not) version of pReader.
  19. #239  
    Is anyone else having an issue where quotation marks and apostrophes get corrupted into three-character things with ™ at the end of them? This is happening to me with mobis and prcs so far.
  20. #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by starkruzr View Post
    Is anyone else having an issue where quotation marks and apostrophes get corrupted into three-character things with at the end of them? This is happening to me with mobis and prcs so far.
    Have you tried alternate Code Pages? For English documents, I usually get readable results with UTF-8 & CP-1252. Also, double check your source material - it might be garbled already - GIGO.

Posting Permissions