1.    #1  
    Ever wondered how long you have until some event in the future? Time Until is an app that shows you just that - the time remaining until some event!

Features:
    • Allows the user to create events with a name, date, and time
    • Displays the days, hours, minutes and seconds remaining until an event
    • Allows for the creation and storage of events across sessions!
    • Allows the user to copy a message including the event name and the time until the event to the clipboard, with the option to edit the message directly within the app

Update: Version 1.0.2 now includes:
    - Quick buttons to send the time until an event as a text message or email!
    - User interface improvements to title

This app is perfect for anyone eagerly counting down the days until the next vacation or movie premiere. With the 'copy to clipboard' functionality, it's easy to share this excitement with others, too!

Please give me any feedback that you have on ways to improve the app and your experience with it!

Click here to view/download the app in the Homebrew Gallery!

Thanks, and happy counting down,

Neel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by got2surf; 11/02/2010 at 10:39 PM.
    Great Idea!
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    is it posted yet?
  4.    #4  
    Nope, still waiting for it to be posted, unfortunately

Hopefully soon, though!
  5.    #5  
    Alright guys, it's up!

Come and view it right here or download from Preware
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Very nice! Been looking for something like this for a while.
    Thanks!
  7.    #7  
    Thank you!

Please post any feedback that you have, and I'll try to get the changes in place ASAP.
  8.    #8  
    Update: Version 1.0.2 now includes:
    - Quick buttons to send the time until an event as a text message or email!
    - User interface improvements to title
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Another great update!

Had some questions. Are you planning on utilizing dashboard notifications or alerts for events that come due? Also, would it be possible to be able to edit the event, say for a date/time change, rather that delete and add a new event with the changes?

Thanks again!
  10.    #10  
    neo999: Thanks!

I could probably add a dashboard notification, but I'm not quite sure what the best manner to do that in is. Since the app only displays one countdown at any time, it's not actually keeping track of the various events. I could, however, probably add an event to the Calendar app, and use that as an update/notification. Any thoughts on that?

Also, it would probably be possible to edit the date. Would you prefer to edit from the main (list) scene or from the view (countdown) scene?
    Last edited by got2surf; 11/03/2010 at 04:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    For me, adding calendar events would be redundant the way i will use your app. Right now, i have days until events like holidays and birthdays. Since they are already in my google calendar, I don't really have need for this app to add appointments. I am not a developer, but there may be a way to do an alert/notification when the app is not open. Found this thread as a start. I'll let you make the call on this request. I think it would be a nice to have, but i could live without it.

But I do think it's a good idea to have the ability to edit an event. Maybe a button in the event, or a menu option in the event, or from the main window. Again, your call.

Looking forward to what you decide to do.
  12.    #12  
    Hi neo,

I did a bit of research into the alerts, and it should be fairly easy to get that up and running. What I'll do is allow the user to specify when they'd like to be reminded about the event (probably in terms of minutes or hours) at the time of event creation.

Also, yeah, editing an event would definitely be a nice feature to have. I have it set up and working right now (kinda), so I just have to figure out where to put the edit button. I'm leaning towards in the 'event countdown' scene itself, under the copy buttons, but it really could go anywhere.

I have the SAT and some other stuff going on this weekend, but I'll definitely try to roll out these changes ASAP.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    By all means kick **** on the SAT first. I can wait. Good Luck and thanks again.
    great app! I've been looking for something like this for a while with no decent canidates.
    would it be possible to incorperate this into Exhibition Mode? Would be great if you did.

thanks again!