1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

In anticipation of the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 on November 19th, here's a simple countdown timer to the midnight premiere!

Click here to view in the Homebrew App Gallery!

Features:
    • See the days, hours, minutes, and seconds until the midnight premiere!

Update: Version 1.0.2 now includes:
    - Improved and exciting 'Hogwarts Burning' background!
    - Ability to edit and copy a message containing the time until the premiere directly within the app!
    - Quick buttons to send the time until the premiere as a text message or email!

Coming soon:
    • Links to movie trailers and news
    • Customizable backgrounds
    • Anything else that users suggest!

This is my first app, so any comments or feedback are graciously accepted!

Happy counting down,

Neel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by got2surf; 11/04/2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Add links
  2.    #2  
    It's up in the gallery and on Preware now, so download Harry Potter Countdown and watch the seconds until the midnight premiere fly away!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    How about a mor dramatic Version with Hogwards burning in the background?
    Last edited by bevcraw; 10/25/2010 at 07:12 AM.
    it looks good. Does what it says. Did you make the fonts yourself?
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Proximity: Yeah, I can definitely change that black background to something more dramatic. I'll change it to a Hogwarts image in the next release. Still working on getting user-customizable backgrounds, but changing the background is pretty easy. How's this?

ledzepman: I used an available font called 'Harry P' for the labels, if only webOS allowed us to embed fonts in apps!

- Ability to edit and copy a message containing the time until the premiere directly within the app!

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for downloading!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by got2surf; 11/02/2010 at 09:56 PM.
    Nice! I'm not going to a midnight premiere, but will be seeing it soon after it opens. I love Harry Potter.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7.    #7  
    Thanks! Yeah, I'm not quite sure how the midnight premiere is going to work out on a school night, but my love of Harry Potter will probably prevail :P
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Nice! I'm not going to a midnight premiere, but will be seeing it soon after it opens. I love Harry Potter.
    o man I can't wait.
    I downloaded it but my pre keeps saying "unable to open file. This file format is not supported"
    Still cant get the clock to open on my phone I really want that app
  12.    #12  
    Hi Sharifa,

What phone and network are you on?
  13.    #13  
    Also, what process did you use to download the file onto your phone?
    I have a pre, I'm on Sprint and I went onto the website via my phone and hit the download button, I also got an email with a link and attachment sent to me by precentral and when I tried to open the attachment I get an error msg that says "cannot find an application which can open this file" and when I did the download on the site I get an error msg hat says "unable to open file, file format is not supported"
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Excellent, mate!
  16.    #16  
    Sharifa, sorry for the delay in replying:

Have you downloaded Preware? It's the easiest way to download homebrew apps and patches. Check this link out, and let me know if that works! Otherwise, post in one of the help forums or just reply to this message and I'm sure someone will be glad to help you through the process.
    This doesn't work... i have downloaded everything and get to the list to download and it states error server has been redirected too many times. Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke0241 View Post
    This doesn't work... i have downloaded everything and get to the list to download and it states error server has been redirected too many times. Please help!
    I'm no expert, but I'm guessing that it is because the movie was released back back in November 2010 and the app is now out of date?