Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If I'm using PreWare, can I just delete it from the device and reinstall, or should I use QuickInstall and delete the ipk from the computer?

Michael
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by atremorer View Post
    If I'm using PreWare, can I just delete it from the device and reinstall, or should I use QuickInstall and delete the ipk from the computer?l
    If your using PreWare, just remove it from the device and reinstall from PreWare.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    This is exactly what I had thought about doing! But, it presents a programming issue since the SelectorList wouldn't allow the user to manually type the number if they wanted to.

So, I'll essentially have to create a text field w/ a selector list somehow. I have an idea of how I want to do this, but it's a bit complex and I haven't really figured out how to best implement it.

I'm actually surprised how complex the little app actually is, but it has been quite a good learning experience for me.

I'm also quite happy at the support of the posts here! I does inspire me to keep developing it.
    Just thinking, why would the user need to manually type in a phone number? If they can pull numbers from their contacts, then they can just add whatever number they want as a number for that particular contact. So, wouldn't that solve your dilemma? All you would need is a selector list and a stipulation that the Emergency Contact must be in the users contact list.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Just thinking, why would the user need to manually type in a phone number? If they can pull numbers from their contacts, then they can just add whatever number they want as a number for that particular contact. So, wouldn't that solve your dilemma? All you would need is a selector list and a stipulation that the Emergency Contact must be in the users contact list.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but not everyone would pull the info from their Contacts. So, the textbox needs to be there as well as a selector list.

The fact is it can be done, I just need the time to actually implement it. Besides, it's far more elegant, IMHO, to allow the user to manually type it in, select from the Contacts list, and/or modify any number in that field. (Or, maybe I'm just interested in the challenge of it. )

Of course, this is exactly why I put the beta in the Homebrew section of this site: To get suggestions and ideas as well as bug info.
    Last edited by RickNeff; 10/30/2010 at 01:51 AM.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

5.    #45  
    However, I might use just a selector list in the interim. I do plan on releasing a 0.7.5 version that won't include any of this, just some code cleanup and the automatic capitalization of each word of any name fields.

I'll plan on implementing the selection of multiple contact phone numbers in the 0.8.0 version.
    Richard Neff

So, removing it and reinstalling it took care of the problem. Thanks!
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by atremorer View Post
    So, removing it and reinstalling it took care of the problem. Thanks!
    Great to hear! Thanks for posting your issues with the program!
    Richard Neff

8.    #48  
    I have updated this program to version 0.7.5, so it's a small incremental update. Just optimized and fixed some minor issues and the text boxes for names automatically capitalizes each word of the name.
    Richard Neff

Just grabbed the new version.

Update worked as well as a fresh install.

Both installs worked with no bugs found.
  10.    #50  
    Glad to hear it! Thanks for the feedback!
    Richard Neff

11.    #51  
    Version 0.8.0 has just been released. I've added the ability to select from up to 4 numbers when a contact is selected from the contact list. Additionally, when an I.C.E. contact is tapped on the main screen, a confirmation dialog is shown. If approved, it auto-dials the contact. (Previously, the Call button would have to be pressed in the dialer.)
    Richard Neff

Hmmm......
    I have had this app installed on my Pre since it was introduced. I just bought a Pre for my wife (eBay) and I am trying to find this to install on her Pre. It doesn't seem to exist in Preware and this page http://www.precentral.net/i-c-e-free-beta won't include a download link.

Any help??

13.    #53  
    Hmmm......
    I have had this app installed on my Pre since it was introduced. I just bought a Pre for my wife (eBay) and I am trying to find this to install on her Pre. It doesn't seem to exist in Preware and this page http://www.precentral.net/i-c-e-free-beta won't include a download link.

Any help??
    I don't know what to tell you. It shows up as a download link just fine when you log onto precentral.net.

Here's the manual URL:
    http://media.precentral.net/resource...ka3bgMwcUxU%3D

or try: http://www.precentral.net/i-c-e-free-beta

Keep in mind that developers have no control over the distribution process, either via Precentral.net or the Palm Catalog.
    Richard Neff

14.    #54  
    And for those wondering, development for this has stopped until the release of Enyo by Palm/HP. Of course, you can always download the current version, 0.8.0, but I won't be adding any new features until Enyo is released.
    Richard Neff

Interesting. I have tried by logging into precentral.net in Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera & Safari. Hit refresh enough times and eventually it will show up in Firefox, IE & Safari.
    But, no dice in Chrome or Opera and I normally use Chrome.

Anyway, thanks for the link and its a shame there won't be any updates for a while.

16.    #56  
    Interesting. I have tried by logging into precentral.net in Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera & Safari. Hit refresh enough times and eventually it will show up in Firefox, IE & Safari.
    But, no dice in Chrome or Opera and I normally use Chrome.
    So, you did get it downloaded on her phone? If not, send me a private message and I'll see what I can do.
    Richard Neff

So, you did get it downloaded on her phone? If not, send me a private message and I'll see what I can do.
    Yes, I got it. Not sure what the issue is with P|C and various browsers, but I finally got it using Safari.

Thank you.

Just installed on a new Pre3 (2.2.4); installs OK, but won't retain any contact info, whether loaded via the contact record or entered manually. I'm assuming that backswiping to exit also automatically saves (at least, by design), as I don't see a save or update button on the data entry view.

This app is a great idea--I wish it worked on my Pre3.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Just installed on a new Pre3 (2.2.4); installs OK, but won't retain any contact info, whether loaded via the contact record or entered manually. I'm assuming that backswiping to exit also automatically saves (at least, by design), as I don't see a save or update button on the data entry view.
    I don't have a Pre3 to test it on, but the backswipe doesn't save data. (As the backswipe isn't available on the TouchPad) Instead, there should be a button at the very bottom that allows you to save the information. If you don't see that on the Pre3, let me know, and I'll try to fix it.

Just be aware that I'm not actively developing this application anymore, so it might take a while for me to fix it.
    Richard Neff

I don't have a Pre3 to test it on, but the backswipe doesn't save data. (As the backswipe isn't available on the TouchPad) Instead, there should be a button at the very bottom that allows you to save the information. If you don't see that on the Pre3, let me know, and I'll try to fix it.

Just be aware that I'm not actively developing this application anymore, so it might take a while for me to fix it.
    There wasn't a button--that was the first thing I looked for.

Hope it's an easy fix on the Pre3 emulator...

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast