Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    The app is now available via Homebrew Apps. Please post any bugs or issues found.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    I do appreciate everyone jumping in with icons. However, Remix2000 is who I asked first and he came back with the attached. I'll be using this icon since I asked him initially and he's done a very good job, IMHO. (However, it's not actually in the first version that will likely show up in the Homebrew Catalog until I update the app.)

Again, thanks for everyone jumping in!
    not to be picky... but can the lettering I.C.E. be bigger... when its on the quick launcher its hard to tell what it says...
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Just a thought - you may want to have a MY NAME section at the top (in case you're not really with it at the time) and perhaps a button for contact information (home address, etc).

Also may want to list a physician's #, although that could be handled by the second contact possibility.

Excellent start - I look forward to paying for this when the Beta finishes...
    The app is now available via Homebrew Apps. Please post any bugs or issues found.
    For relationship I would add parent, grandparent and grandchild. Is there a way to make the list of relationships also a free form text field? Or can it only be list or free form, not both at once?

I would also add a field for allergies or known issues that should appear top and center, maybe a red boarder or something. So if someone were allergic to penicillin or epileptic, they could enter that and it will right at top.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by FragU View Post
    Just a thought - you may want to have a MY NAME section at the top (in case you're not really with it at the time) and perhaps a button for contact information (home address, etc).
    Great idea! I'll try to add that in a future version.

Also may want to list a physician's #, although that could be handled by the second contact possibility.
    Yeah, that's the idea of the 2nd contact.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    For relationship I would add parent, grandparent and grandchild. Is there a way to make the list of relationships also a free form text field? Or can it only be list or free form, not both at once?
    Truthfully, I haven't investigated this enough. But, I could create a textbox option where you type in what you want.

But, I'll add the other items to the drop-down list.

I would also add a field for allergies or known issues that should appear top and center, maybe a red boarder or something. So if someone were allergic to penicillin or epileptic, they could enter that and it will right at top.
    In the free version, that's the purpose of the Notes section, but in the paid version, this will be a separate section. It might be a little unfair to only have this in the paid version, but most people don't have the allergy and so the free version would be enough for them.

I do plan on adding certain checkbox-style items in the paid version, such as DNR, epileptic, etc. But, some things are surprisingly time-consuming and I want to get the basic functionality done first.

But, some very good ideas for future versions! Thanks!
    Richard Neff

7.    #27  
    I've updated this version to allow a 2nd contact, add the user's name in the Personal Info section, and expanded the Relationship list.

The next step is to allow access to the Contacts database. I also plan on adding any existing info that's stored into the Add... menu scenes.
    Richard Neff

8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    not to be picky... but can the lettering I.C.E. be bigger... when its on the quick launcher its hard to tell what it says...
    I haven't forgotten about this. I'll see what can be done, but I am focusing on getting the app with the new features incorporated.
    Richard Neff

9.    #29  
    Updated! I've updated this so that you can now select I.C.E. contacts from your existing set of contacts. (Note: This will pull the "first" number from your contact's phone list. Of course, you can manually change it in the app. I'll probably work on having some sort of selection option, but frankly, not sure of the best way to do this.)

Also, it now reads any existing info that you have for each of the Add scenes (Add Contacts, Add Personal Info, and Add Notes)

Thanks to everyone who's downloaded it as well as those who have provided feedback and bugs! I really appreciate it!
    Richard Neff

Got bug to report.

I ran the update, then launched the app. The Personal info and Notes sections were blank, even tho there was info populated from the last install. I reentered the info and they still showed blank. So I restarted the app. and get the following (see attached).

D.O.B has been entered.

Also, when pulling a contact from contacts, it auto selects a number from them, is there a way to chose the number to use? The contact I used as a test has 3 numbers assigned to them, the auto slect does not grab the number I prefer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A few more items I noticed.

If I add a contact via "select from contacts" if I type in one of their alternate numbers, it still goes back to what ever number it first pulled when they were added.

Contact # 2 does not have a relationship option.

When I add info for contact 2, they don't show up on the main screen of the app.

I should have seen this before, but there is no DOB option in "Add personal Info".

Once again, thanks for al your work on this app!
    OK.... So I reread your post, and see that it does just pull the first phone number from a contact.... I failed today's reading comprehension test.

I removed and reinstalled the app, and it fixed all the issues that i saw from just updating.
  13.    #33  
    Thanks for the info, even if it's now resolved. There were some issues with the upgrade since there is a change in how the data was stored. (The disadvantage of releasing beta apps.)

As far as the phone # for the contact, it is something I do plan to fix, but just unsure how I want to do it.
    Richard Neff

As far as the phone # for the contact, it is something I do plan to fix, but just unsure how I want to do it.
    Just thinking out loud here and speaking with no practical knowledge on how this could work.

Could you have your app pull all the phone numbers when you select a contact, and have all numbers presented on the Add Contacts page. Then let the user select, via a radio button or such, which number will be used? Or pull all the phone numbers and create a list selection, like you do for the relationship? I suppose the latter would be harder, but I think it would look slick.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Or pull all the phone numbers and create a list selection, like you do for the relationship? I suppose the latter would be harder, but I think it would look slick.
    This is exactly what I had thought about doing! But, it presents a programming issue since the SelectorList wouldn't allow the user to manually type the number if they wanted to.

So, I'll essentially have to create a text field w/ a selector list somehow. I have an idea of how I want to do this, but it's a bit complex and I haven't really figured out how to best implement it.

I'm actually surprised how complex the little app actually is, but it has been quite a good learning experience for me.

I'm also quite happy at the support of the posts here! I does inspire me to keep developing it.
    Richard Neff

I love the idea of this App and have it loaded on my Pre+ first page. I set it up and decided to look to see what came up (I knew it would have been updated). I was goign to suggest that the possibility of having 2-3 emergency contacts would be nice, but it seems that is mentioned earlier in the thread.

However, now, it has been showing "Loading...Please Wait Call 911 for critical emergencies! for about four minutes now. I think that might be a problem if I was hurt.

Thanks,
    Michael
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by atremorer View Post
    However, now, it has been showing "Loading...Please Wait Call 911 for critical emergencies! for about four minutes now. I think that might be a problem if I was hurt.

Thanks,
    Michael
    That's an odd one. Is this on a new install, or update install? Have you tried reinstalling the app, or rebooting the phone? I don't think this would impact this app, but do you have patches installed?
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by atremorer View Post
    No doubt! You should never see that screen for more than a second.

Unfortunately, I did have a bad upload to the Homebrew area. It turns out, that I had packaged the app without a critical file. This won't affect users who upgraded, only ones to did a new install. I fixed it within a few hours and uploaded it, but I noticed that some had downloaded the corrupt version.

So, please delete the app off your phone and, if you use the WebOS Quick Install utility, remove the .ipk file off the computer. Then, download the current version from the Homebrew section. This has the correct, updated version. This should fix the problem.

If not, please let me know and I'll see how we can fix it.
    Richard Neff

I installed it, entered the information, closed it, checked to see how it looked, and then hadn't been back to it in a while (after all, I wasn't needing to call my emergency contact).

I have done PreWare update all apps, but it isn't a new instal. I'd restarted my phone this morning. I'm not sure that I've done anything that should effect it.

Michael
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
  20.    #40  
    Let me know how the remove, new download and reinstall goes. Not sure why that happened to you, but I'll see if I can't replicate it.
    Richard Neff

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast