1.    #1  
    If you would like to be able to run a slideshow using the pictures stored locally on your own phone, please try out Slide RSS+. This is an extended version of our Media RSS Slideshow app: Slide RSS.

Since this makes use of some of the undocumented Palm API's to find and display your local photos, we haven't been able to add these features to our official app yet. We'd like to get more feedback on the local photos features as well as for our app in general, so we're releasing this via the Homebrew Gallery.

Please check it out and let us know what you like and what you don't like. Ideas for additional features or tweaks are welcome as well.

This app is closed source, but will remain free via the Homebrew Gallery until the features can be integrated into our official app.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by appsotutely; 03/16/2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Zip file removed
  2.    #2  
    Now available in the Homebrew Gallery!

We're thinking about adding a wallpaper rotation feature ... would anyone be interested in this?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Thanks for working on this. I like it. It is another great app that is needed for WebOS. Now I have to find RSS photo feeds.
    Palm for life
    IIIx...TE...TX...Pre

4.    #4  
    Thanks for the feedback! We're looking at possibly creating a directory of known good feeds.

In the meantime, here are some sites that we've referenced:
    Google Screensaver Feeds
    87 Great Photography Blogs and Feeds

Look for the RSS feeds that actually include photos as opposed to simply having links.
    Thank you very much for making this available. I really like the concept of having access to media feeds (which before the this app came along, I didn't even know were available) and having it work with local images.

But, I am having a problem with the local feed part of it. For some reason it's not "downloading" the local images. For the local feeds/directories the count stays at 0/XX. I don't know if this matters but I did notice that for the default feeds, when I click on the right side of the feed I do get "re-download photos" as an option to click on but this option does not exist for the local images/feed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jon96321 View Post
    Thank you very much for making this available. I really like the concept of having access to media feeds (which before the this app came along, I didn't even know were available) and having it work with local images.

But, I am having a problem with the local feed part of it. For some reason it's not "downloading" the local images. For the local feeds/directories the count stays at 0/XX. I don't know if this matters but I did notice that for the default feeds, when I click on the right side of the feed I do get "re-download photos" as an option to click on but this option does not exist for the local images/feed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Hmmm, sounds like there's an issue tracking down the location of your local images. If you don't mind, please PM/email us a screenshot and include information about the app version (should be v0.6.7) and OS version (v1.4.5?). You can email us from the app by going to the "About..." screen.

Just to confirm, did you add the local albums by going to the menu, tapping "Feeds" to open the submenu and then tapping on "Add Local Albums"? Do you at least see a feed labeled "wallpapers"?
    Thank you!! E-mail sent with screenshots.
    anyone have URLs they can post?
  9.    #9  
    For v0.6.9, we fixed a default feed (EarthShots) that changed its RSS address and we added a new feature preference that lets you use your current wallpaper as your background.
    Fantastic: functionality, design, look, feel - EVERYTHING

Have been looking forever for picture display (my Pre Pix) and this hits the ball right out of the park!!

THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!
    The true spirit of America: "Let's roll!!"
    ============================

SilverBack
    looks pretty cool, will have to try it out.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    Fantastic: functionality, design, look, feel - EVERYTHING

Have been looking forever for picture display (my Pre Pix) and this hits the ball right out of the park!!

THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!
    Thank you for the kind words ... they're much appreciated!
    Just out of curiosity, do you plans to support Exhibition mode? The stock Photos app in Exhibition is quite limited.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do you plans to support Exhibition mode? The stock Photos app in Exhibition is quite limited.
    That's one of several features that will definitely be added into our official app in the near future.
    hi there, how is the wallpaper switching (like the old Switcharoo app) coming along? thx.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    hi there, how is the wallpaper switching (like the old Switcharoo app) coming along? thx.
    That feature (and a slew of other features) are available only in the official app.
    is the official app is for 2.x only? Or will it work on my behind-the-times 1.4.5 pre minus as well?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    is the official app is for 2.x only? Or will it work on my behind-the-times 1.4.5 pre minus as well?
    The official app works fine on 1.4.5, but unfortunately, local photos access is not available unless you have at least 2.0+, so you'd only be able to wallpaper switch from an online source, such as a Flickr feed.
    gotcha. thx. i'm fine with switcharoo for now but good to know that i'll have a nice replacement when I get my Pre 3