Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    yup, that worked but I had to select "stream" instead of "download" for it to work...

http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec..._0.5.1_all.ipk
    If you have Preware, go to this post on your phone and click on the link above. It should open Preware and it will install that way. It's the only way I could make it work.
  2.    #22  
    I will try to make another package without using sdk 2.0
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    I will try to make another package without using sdk 2.0
    You can package for 1.45 using 2.0 see this post http://www.precentral.net/developer-...bos-145-20-sdk
    Like Palm, idiots not so much? Visit MockTheAfflicted

twitter: @benfysh
    I got used the url and downloaded it through Preware. It's pretty sweet... I'm using it to write this message.
    This looks great so far, having trouble downloading it. I will keep trying.

I got it too by using the homebrew URL and downloading it through Preware.

I have been waiting for someone to come out with a true mobile app for P|C.

Thank you, thank you!!
    Last edited by Butters3605; 09/23/2010 at 01:31 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Successfully installed via Preware. Very nice!

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Had a chance to give this a go, and I'm quite impressed! I especially like the fade in/out that happens when swiping back from an article to the homepage; that's a nice touch!

Love the landscape support too. Landscape is something I very rarely use, but the text is a nice size and works well for this type of content. Not tried the Preware integration yet, but that sounds good too.

How does the follow forum threads feature work? Do you just save the thread you want as a bookmark? Speaking of bookmarks, I think there's a bug in there. When tapping on a bookmark only every 2nd or 3rd tap seems to register and launch the bookmark when you tap towards the left of the bookmark. When you tap to the right (where the text ends), it works every time.

One option I would like to see, but which I think is impossible due to the way the forums work, is a way to see a list of threads I've posted in (to follow up on posts). On my desktop I do this by doing an Advanced Search and searching by my username in the author field. The annoying thing is you can't save this as a bookmark, as the URL will become invalid after some time...

As someone else said, integration with Tap@Talk would be potentially very interesting too.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    One option I would like to see, but which I think is impossible due to the way the forums work, is a way to see a list of threads I've posted in (to follow up on posts). On my desktop I do this by doing an Advanced Search and searching by my username in the author field. The annoying thing is you can't save this as a bookmark, as the URL will become invalid after some time...
    A way around this is to use the subscribe option and then go to subscribed threads in user cp

I've been using this app today, but there appears to be a bug when you tap a link in the app, nothing happens. I went to the mobile site and tapped the same link and it opened a new web card.

Just FYI...
  10.    #31  
    yes, I know this bug, when you're in the forums, when you click on a link nothing happens. I'm working on it.

Remember, this is a beta version.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Beta feeds version is now working !!!!! Beta Feeds : http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...precentralnews

Please leave comments !

Just to confirm now working from me through the beta feeds, thanks

12.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    I've been using this app today, but there appears to be a bug when you tap a link in the app, nothing happens. I went to the mobile site and tapped the same link and it opened a new web card.

Just FYI...
    Ok, I don't know why but forums links don't want to work in a webview. So, Forums links will be opened in the browser..
    Ok, I don't know why but forums links don't want to work in a webview. So, Forums links will be opened in the browser..
    It wasn't a complaint. I understand it's a beta version, just trying to help out.

If there was any inference sent of being perturbed, it was unintended...
    im lovin it so far, but it could use a refresh button... keep up the good work!
    Installed the app and it looks great. For some reason the browser multimod commands don't work. Enter to go to bottom and arrow to go to top etc. Are there plans on implementing shortcuts to help with the navigation? Great job on the app!
    You would get every forum member to download this app if you could figure out how to get the "Thanks" button to work on the mobile side.

IDK if it's possible, but that would be cool.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    this app is awsome, I am actually using it as I type this. One question, how do you use the facebook thing. I can't seem to figure it out?

I agree a refresh button would be awsome as well.. Love the app great job.
    Last edited by bog3nator; 09/23/2010 at 08:52 PM.
    are you the developer of the first precentral app too?

great work on this!!
    I just downloaded it from preware and wow! I love it! You did a fantastic app!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast