Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
  1.    #181  
    I answered on the post.
    I just noticed this, if you change the splash screen it does not change it when you back swipe home, Its still the original. Doesnt really matter just thought Id let you know.

On a side note there was another precentral app that had the ability to download or stream the Palmcast. Any way to get this function so i can remove that app?

Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

You can also do that with this PreCentral app. Tap the Home icon on the lower left, then tap Podcasts (about halfway down).

The feature I like on the older JDF Software version is the way tapping on a story on the main page expands it without having to load a new screen. Only problem is it doesn't show the author...
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    You can also do that with this PreCentral app. Tap the Home icon on the lower left, then tap Podcasts (about halfway down).

The feature I like on the older JDF Software version is the way tapping on a story on the main page expands it without having to load a new screen. Only problem is it doesn't show the author...
    I was more looking for the ability to download the Palmcast as opposed to streaming it.

I agree w/ the part about the expanding post.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

5.    #186  
    download podcast, I'm going to see if it is possible...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I was more looking for the ability to download the Palmcast as opposed to streaming it.
    To download, use the export function to open the page in a browser. Then you can download if you have multi-mod patch, or orange+tap to copy the URL and use either Filecoaster or Download Manager to download it.

jim
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    download podcast, I'm going to see if it is possible...
    Its definitely possible see here:

To download, use the export function to open the page in a browser. Then you can download if you have multi-mod patch, or orange+tap to copy the URL and use either Filecoaster or Download Manager to download it.

jim
    This is 2 taps,Touch PalmCast button on home screen then hit the down arrow.It saves it in a file called palmcast in media/internal

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Its definitely possible see here:

This is 2 taps,Touch PalmCast button on home screen then hit the down arrow.It saves it in a file called palmcast in media/internal
    Or you could just use DrPodder & subscribe to the feed.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Or you could just use DrPodder & subscribe to the feed.
    Or I could just use the one I have! Really I was asking the dev to add this function to his so I can get rid of the other one.

Im not trying to sound like an *** but I dont think you should be pointing me away from this app in the devs official thread. I was asking for additional functionality to improve his app and my experience.

Great app!

Follow the link below.

Was a lighthearted and silly comment, no offense meant. I agree that it would be a good function to have in the ScienceApps version of the PreCentral app. The more different ways of accessing the Palmcast, the better.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    with the changes in looking at today's posts and new posts, can you add that function in your app as well? Grest app!
  12.    #193  
    Was a lighthearted and silly comment, no offense meant. I agree that it would be a good function to have in the ScienceApps version of the PreCentral app. The more different ways of accessing the Palmcast, the better.
    sure, I'll working on it...
  13.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    with the changes in looking at today's posts and new posts, can you add that function in your app as well? Grest app!
    sure!
  14.    #195  
    So, let's talk about podcast downloading...

In the new version, you will be able to download palmcasts. During download, you can continue to browse.

I've also changed the getdaily thing...

Screenshots
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Nice work looking good.
    @boucles0 Would you consider auto-hidding the tool buttons at the bottom of the screen? Maybe a gesture-tap to toggle it? It covers up some of the viewable screen as is.
  17.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    @boucles0 Would you consider auto-hidding the tool buttons at the bottom of the screen? Maybe a gesture-tap to toggle it? It covers up some of the viewable screen as is.
    That's a good idea !
  18.    #199  
    Update 0.7.3 beta : What’s new ?

* Palmcast Download Management. Download Palmcast and continue to browse precentral !
    * change forum new post link (getdaily)

Submitted to the beta feeds....
  19.    #200  
    version 0.7.3 is now available in the beta feeds.... Download and tell me what you think about these new features !